Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins are J. Clayton's #2 sleeper (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19547)

freddyg12 08-31-2007 02:04 PM

Skins are J. Clayton's #2 sleeper

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2997877]ESPN - Clayton: Five sleeper teams for 2007 season - NFL[/url]

I agree w/his first 2 teams.

SmootSmack 08-31-2007 02:06 PM

Re: Skins are J. Clayton's #2 sleeper

Tampa Bay?!! Yeah I don't think so

I think the Rams take the NFC West (of course I've said that three years in a row now)

jsarno 08-31-2007 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;345958]Tampa Bay?!! Yeah I don't think so

I think the Rams take the NFC West (of course I've said that three years in a row now)[/QUOTE]

But you never asked me, and I feel the Rams will take it this year. :D

I agree, the Skins are definitely a team to worry about.

I don't agree with the Titans, they are not going to do better than the 8 wins they had last year.

He makes a good argument about the Bucs...they only had 4 wins last year, so if they win 7, they are a sleeper team.

70Chip 08-31-2007 02:15 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;345958]Tampa Bay?!! Yeah I don't think so

I think the Rams take the NFC West (of course I've said that three years in a row now)[/quote]

I understand why people fall in love with the Rams. But, if you can't stop the run you're going nowhere.

Meks 08-31-2007 02:17 PM

bucs no, dolphins ehh not this year, rams a sleeper? .. i think they are a team with m ad potential, not a sleeper, titans i agree with as long as they found a replacment for pacman as a catalyst on D and S-T..... and yes of course, we a re a sleeper team to gosh darn worry about!

jsarno 08-31-2007 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=Meks;345968]bucs no, dolphins ehh not this year, rams a sleeper? .. i think they are a team with m ad potential, not a sleeper, titans i agree with as long as they found a replacment for pacman as a catalyst on D and S-T..... and yes of course, we a re a sleeper team to gosh darn worry about![/QUOTE]

A sleeper should be defined as a team that will make a noticable improvement from last year...3 games in a good indicator. The Rams could win 10 or 11, thus a sleeper. No freakin way the Titans win 10 or 11, therefore they will be a bust. They will be lucky to win 7 which would be a DECREASE from last year.

Warpath 08-31-2007 02:23 PM

How can STL be a sleeper team when every person I've heard on the radio has picked them to win the west? I'll take the 49ers with the Cards having serious potential.
The Skins have a good chance to do great things this year, because I do not believe that they are a 5-11 team and they got a 5-11 teams schedule this year. This will help out. Skins should win no less than 9 games this year. We should go at least 4-2 in the nfc east at worst and Im pulling for 5-1. Coutndown to kickoff is here!

jsarno 08-31-2007 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=Warpath;345974]How can STL be a sleeper team when every person I've heard on the radio has picked them to win the west? I'll take the 49ers with the Cards having serious potential.
The Skins have a good chance to do great things this year, because I do not believe that they are a 5-11 team and they got a 5-11 teams schedule this year. This will help out. Skins should win no less than 9 games this year. We should go at least 4-2 in the nfc east at worst and Im pulling for 5-1. Coutndown to kickoff is here![/QUOTE]

That's a very good post.
Now that you mentioned it, I am surprised that the 49ers and Cards aren't on that list...although the cards are always a sexy sleeper pick.

dall-assblows 08-31-2007 02:46 PM

i think dallass should be #1 on that list

Warpath 08-31-2007 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=dall-assblows;345982]i think dallass should be #1 on that list[/QUOTE]

They aren't a sleeper either, they've been picked to win the East.

SmootSmack 08-31-2007 02:50 PM

Rams might be getting Simeon Rice as well, according to the St. Louis Dispatch

jsarno 08-31-2007 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;345986]Rams might be getting Simeon Rice as well, according to the St. Louis Dispatch[/QUOTE]

That would be huge for the Rams, and that could make the Rams our enemy come NFC Championship time.

Joe Ribbs BBQ 08-31-2007 02:59 PM

I think we all knew we were a sleeper team before this came out..... I just think it should have included the 49ers and Cards as well.......... being the die hard that I am, I believe every year we will suprise, I think its the years that everyone that isnt a fan talks about the Skins doing well..... those are the years I am worried and for just cause, we have pretty much blew complete those years and some

paulskinsfan 08-31-2007 03:15 PM

[quote=70Chip;345966]I understand why people fall in love with the Rams. But, if you can't stop the run you're going nowhere.[/quote]

2006 Indianapolis Colts?

Hog1 08-31-2007 03:19 PM

John Clayton is my favorite............spooky looking dork