Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins are J. Clayton's #2 sleeper (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19547)

freddyg12 08-31-2007 02:04 PM

Skins are J. Clayton's #2 sleeper

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2997877]ESPN - Clayton: Five sleeper teams for 2007 season - NFL[/url]

I agree w/his first 2 teams.

SmootSmack 08-31-2007 02:06 PM

Re: Skins are J. Clayton's #2 sleeper

Tampa Bay?!! Yeah I don't think so

I think the Rams take the NFC West (of course I've said that three years in a row now)

jsarno 08-31-2007 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;345958]Tampa Bay?!! Yeah I don't think so

I think the Rams take the NFC West (of course I've said that three years in a row now)[/QUOTE]

But you never asked me, and I feel the Rams will take it this year. :D

I agree, the Skins are definitely a team to worry about.

I don't agree with the Titans, they are not going to do better than the 8 wins they had last year.

He makes a good argument about the Bucs...they only had 4 wins last year, so if they win 7, they are a sleeper team.

70Chip 08-31-2007 02:15 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;345958]Tampa Bay?!! Yeah I don't think so

I think the Rams take the NFC West (of course I've said that three years in a row now)[/quote]

I understand why people fall in love with the Rams. But, if you can't stop the run you're going nowhere.

Meks 08-31-2007 02:17 PM

bucs no, dolphins ehh not this year, rams a sleeper? .. i think they are a team with m ad potential, not a sleeper, titans i agree with as long as they found a replacment for pacman as a catalyst on D and S-T..... and yes of course, we a re a sleeper team to gosh darn worry about!

jsarno 08-31-2007 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=Meks;345968]bucs no, dolphins ehh not this year, rams a sleeper? .. i think they are a team with m ad potential, not a sleeper, titans i agree with as long as they found a replacment for pacman as a catalyst on D and S-T..... and yes of course, we a re a sleeper team to gosh darn worry about![/QUOTE]

A sleeper should be defined as a team that will make a noticable improvement from last year...3 games in a good indicator. The Rams could win 10 or 11, thus a sleeper. No freakin way the Titans win 10 or 11, therefore they will be a bust. They will be lucky to win 7 which would be a DECREASE from last year.

Warpath 08-31-2007 02:23 PM

How can STL be a sleeper team when every person I've heard on the radio has picked them to win the west? I'll take the 49ers with the Cards having serious potential.
The Skins have a good chance to do great things this year, because I do not believe that they are a 5-11 team and they got a 5-11 teams schedule this year. This will help out. Skins should win no less than 9 games this year. We should go at least 4-2 in the nfc east at worst and Im pulling for 5-1. Coutndown to kickoff is here!

jsarno 08-31-2007 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=Warpath;345974]How can STL be a sleeper team when every person I've heard on the radio has picked them to win the west? I'll take the 49ers with the Cards having serious potential.
The Skins have a good chance to do great things this year, because I do not believe that they are a 5-11 team and they got a 5-11 teams schedule this year. This will help out. Skins should win no less than 9 games this year. We should go at least 4-2 in the nfc east at worst and Im pulling for 5-1. Coutndown to kickoff is here![/QUOTE]

That's a very good post.
Now that you mentioned it, I am surprised that the 49ers and Cards aren't on that list...although the cards are always a sexy sleeper pick.

dall-assblows 08-31-2007 02:46 PM

i think dallass should be #1 on that list

Warpath 08-31-2007 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=dall-assblows;345982]i think dallass should be #1 on that list[/QUOTE]

They aren't a sleeper either, they've been picked to win the East.

SmootSmack 08-31-2007 02:50 PM

Rams might be getting Simeon Rice as well, according to the St. Louis Dispatch

jsarno 08-31-2007 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;345986]Rams might be getting Simeon Rice as well, according to the St. Louis Dispatch[/QUOTE]

That would be huge for the Rams, and that could make the Rams our enemy come NFC Championship time.

Joe Ribbs BBQ 08-31-2007 02:59 PM

I think we all knew we were a sleeper team before this came out..... I just think it should have included the 49ers and Cards as well.......... being the die hard that I am, I believe every year we will suprise, I think its the years that everyone that isnt a fan talks about the Skins doing well..... those are the years I am worried and for just cause, we have pretty much blew complete those years and some

paulskinsfan 08-31-2007 03:15 PM

[quote=70Chip;345966]I understand why people fall in love with the Rams. But, if you can't stop the run you're going nowhere.[/quote]

2006 Indianapolis Colts?

Hog1 08-31-2007 03:19 PM

John Clayton is my favorite............spooky looking dork

DEVIL'S OWN 08-31-2007 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=freddyg12;345957][url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2997877]ESPN - Clayton: Five sleeper teams for 2007 season - NFL[/url]

I agree w/his first 2 teams.[/QUOTE]

WHY DO WE GET HYPED UP AND BENT OUT OF SHAPE OVER PREDICTIONS, EVERYONE IS PREDICTING ON A PERFECT SEASON, NO INJURIES, SUSPENSIONS, ECT., TO BE HONEST, WERE A YEAR AWAY FROM BEING A PLAYOFF TEAM AND TWO FROM BEING A CONTENDER, BUT WE CAN OVER ACHEIVE THIS YEAR OR UNDER ACHIEVE, IF WE FINISH 8-8 AND DO OR DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFF'S BUT JASON CAMPBELL PROVES HE'S THE REAL DEAL AND A STAR IN THE MAKING, IM BE BLOWED FOR NEXT YEAR........ OH COURSE I WANT US TO BE THE BEST IN THE NFC EAST AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, BUT I RATHER FOR US TO PLAY AT OR PEAK AND NOT OVER ACHEIVE SO WE WONT MISS GETTING EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED IN THE DRAFT AND FA............ but john clayton makes good points and always a straight shooter

Monkeydad 08-31-2007 04:30 PM

[quote=dall-assblows;345982]i think dallass should be #1 on that list[/quote]

If it were a "Bust" list.

That Guy 08-31-2007 06:41 PM

i agree with the rams and skins. skins are very dependent on staying injury free though :(

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 08-31-2007 09:26 PM

[quote=DEVIL'S OWN;345994]WHY DO WE GET HYPED UP AND BENT OUT OF SHAPE OVER PREDICTIONS, EVERYONE IS PREDICTING ON A PERFECT SEASON, NO INJURIES, SUSPENSIONS, ECT., TO BE HONEST, WERE A YEAR AWAY FROM BEING A PLAYOFF TEAM AND TWO FROM BEING A CONTENDER, BUT WE CAN OVER ACHEIVE THIS YEAR OR UNDER ACHIEVE, IF WE FINISH 8-8 AND DO OR DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFF'S BUT JASON CAMPBELL PROVES HE'S THE REAL DEAL AND A STAR IN THE MAKING, IM BE BLOWED FOR NEXT YEAR........ OH COURSE I WANT US TO BE THE BEST IN THE NFC EAST AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, BUT I RATHER FOR US TO PLAY AT OR PEAK AND NOT OVER ACHEIVE SO WE WONT MISS GETTING EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED IN THE DRAFT AND FA............ but john clayton makes good points and always a straight shooter[/quote]

perhaps tone down the all caps...and I think if Jason Campbell turns out to be a star...that should bring in 10 wins all by itself

RobH4413 08-31-2007 11:30 PM

[quote=DEVIL'S OWN;345994]WHY DO WE GET HYPED UP AND BENT OUT OF SHAPE OVER PREDICTIONS, EVERYONE IS PREDICTING ON A PERFECT SEASON, NO INJURIES, SUSPENSIONS, ECT., TO BE HONEST, WERE A YEAR AWAY FROM BEING A PLAYOFF TEAM AND TWO FROM BEING A CONTENDER, BUT WE CAN OVER ACHEIVE THIS YEAR OR UNDER ACHIEVE, IF WE FINISH 8-8 AND DO OR DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFF'S BUT JASON CAMPBELL PROVES HE'S THE REAL DEAL AND A STAR IN THE MAKING, IM BE BLOWED FOR NEXT YEAR........ OH COURSE I WANT US TO BE THE BEST IN THE NFC EAST AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, BUT I RATHER FOR US TO PLAY AT OR PEAK AND NOT OVER ACHEIVE SO WE WONT MISS GETTING EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED IN THE DRAFT AND FA............ but john clayton makes good points and always a straight shooter[/quote]

Dude, all caps. Do you know how many internet etiquitte laws your breaking by doing this?

one.

your writing in all caps.

stop

70Chip 09-01-2007 01:02 AM

We jumped in the ESPN power poll as well? Somebody must be picking up a buzz from our pre-season opponents. Either that or SmootSmack is finally implementing his planned takeover of the Network by means of hypnotic mind control. These are good signs, I hope.

skinsdrivemecrazy 09-01-2007 02:36 AM

Got a crazy feeling

I haven't been this sure our team will succeed since '91. I just really believe Jason Campbell is going to have a magical season if Gibbs can trust him.

dmek25 09-01-2007 07:15 AM

welcome, and he trusts him enough to hand him the reins of the offense

Cowell 09-01-2007 10:50 AM

I really pretty much completely agree with that list. I think the Rams are going to turn some heads this year. And Tampa Bay might have a decent offense too.

backrow 09-01-2007 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=DEVIL'S OWN;345994]WHY DO WE GET HYPED UP AND BENT OUT OF SHAPE OVER PREDICTIONS, EVERYONE IS PREDICTING ON A PERFECT SEASON, NO INJURIES, SUSPENSIONS, ECT., TO BE HONEST, WERE A YEAR AWAY FROM BEING A PLAYOFF TEAM AND TWO FROM BEING A CONTENDER, BUT WE CAN OVER ACHEIVE THIS YEAR OR UNDER ACHIEVE, IF WE FINISH 8-8 AND DO OR DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFF'S BUT JASON CAMPBELL PROVES HE'S THE REAL DEAL AND A STAR IN THE MAKING, IM BE BLOWED FOR NEXT YEAR........ OH COURSE I WANT US TO BE THE BEST IN THE NFC EAST AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, BUT I RATHER FOR US TO PLAY AT OR PEAK AND NOT OVER ACHEIVE SO WE WONT MISS GETTING EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED IN THE DRAFT AND FA............ but john clayton makes good points and always a straight shooter[/QUOTE]

AWNB and Rob said not to use caps, but they meant to say the use of caps signifies SHOUTING!

BTW, we will do better than 8-8 imho.

LaRon + Sean = Hell 4 U 09-01-2007 03:09 PM

Redskins should be #1 the Rams are the talk of the NFL everyone is looking to see if Stephen Jackson will make a MVP run. You can't be a sleeper if you are been talked bout heavily.