Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The first Offensive Play of the Year (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19678)

Warpath 09-08-2007 02:27 PM

The first Offensive Play of the Year

What I want it to be: I want to see a deep ball thrown to Moss or Randle El hoping to beat the corners. Even if it is incomplete it will show the fins D that we will be taking shots down the field. I think we need to establish that we can and will go deep. Im worried that if we can't get this point across we may look like the saints did against the colts. They never took any shots downfield until late in the 4th quarter. Its much easier to defend if you don't have to worry about a pass longer than 12 yards.

What I think it will be: Portis up the middle for no gain.

I remember we had a thread like this last year, what do you guys want to see and what do you think actually happens?

wolfeskins 09-08-2007 02:39 PM

Re: The first Offensive Play of the Year

i know it won't happen but i'd like to see the skins come out in a no huddle offense with an attacking style to it. trying to establish an early passing game. throw some intermediate passes and like WARPATH said, try the deep ball as well.

it will prolly be a run though.

skins268 09-08-2007 03:14 PM

Portis counter tray to the right 3 yards....#2 a option pass to Cooley for 5 Yards

724Skinsfan 09-08-2007 03:17 PM

I say give it to #45 up the gut on the first play.

cpayne5 09-08-2007 03:17 PM

I want a 5+ yd run by Portis. That would be a great sign.

12thMan 09-08-2007 03:27 PM

Screen to Moss.

Write it down.

mooby 09-08-2007 03:29 PM

Going deep to Moss, especially if Will Allen is covering him. That would be so awesome if Moss caught it and ran it in for a touchdown. Did anyone see that Pitt-Indy game where Peyton went deep to Harrison on the first play and he burned the Pitt CB for a huge touchdown? Pittsburgh never recovered in that game lol.

70Chip 09-08-2007 03:38 PM

Singleback with Sellers and Cooley in 2 TE. Moss and El lined up together on the left. Portis clears the backield and goes in motion towards the right. Wr screen to Portis with Cooley kicking out from his TE spot and Jansen releasing downfield to block. A big big gainer, I tell you what.

Skinny Tee 09-08-2007 03:38 PM

Our first offensive play on Sunday is going to be Landry intereception on their 30 and taking it to the house for 6.

Oakland Red 09-08-2007 04:06 PM

Portis will get the call, run to the left and gain 6 yards.

Warpath 09-08-2007 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=Skinny Tee;348609]Our first offensive play on Sunday is going to be Landry intereception on their 30 and taking it to the house for 6.[/QUOTE]

That would be our first Defensive play, but then again a good defense is a good offense. I played the Broncos in Madden last night, and Landry returned an INT for a 99 yard TD! Id love to see that for real!

SmootSmack 09-08-2007 04:15 PM

Dump off to Ladell Betts (the Redskins will come out with Betts and Portis!) 12 yard gain

dmek25 09-08-2007 04:22 PM

whatever that play was the skins used a couple of years ago against Tampa. long run for a touchdown by Portis

Cowell 09-08-2007 04:43 PM

What I want it to be: Jason Campbell deep to Santana or Randle El (preferably Santana because he's on my fantasy team).

What it will be: A short out route or maybe a pass to Clinton in the flat.

Slinginsammy06 09-08-2007 05:30 PM

I don't think scoring early like that would benefit us in the long run. We have to get the running game going and tire out their D.