Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The week 1 "what the hell?" thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19707)

4mrusmc 09-09-2007 07:50 PM

Re: The week 1 "what the hell?" thread

[quote=Mattyk72;349495]Yep, bad call[/quote]
I think it is safe to say that this play will not be used again this year. Great design though.

Lady Brave 09-09-2007 07:54 PM

[quote=Southpaw;349499]Seriously... Lloyd's only real claim to fame other than his bitching is he can make the spectacular catch. Campbell tosses it up and gives him a chance to make a play, and he can't even keep it away from the defender.

[B]And Portis? Tendonitis my ass. What the hell[/B]?![/quote]

Yeah... and I was one of the first people during pre-season to suggest Portis suffered from "pre-seasonitis" instead of tendinitis and I got called out for it. WTH?!

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 09-09-2007 08:03 PM

ARE had half as many yards [I]in todays game[/I] as he did [I]all of last season[/I]. What the hell?

70Chip 09-09-2007 08:07 PM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;349523]ARE had half as many yards [I]in todays game[/I] as he did [I]all of last season[/I]. What the hell?[/quote]

This is what we needed. They try to take away Moss and Cooley (though Moss had some balls he should have caught) the other guy needs to step up. I wouldn't be looking for this every week, but, boy what if did step it up? Everybody would be singing a different tune about the Redskins.

Cowell 09-09-2007 08:08 PM

Now we need Lloyd to have a game like that when they take everyone away.

EARTHQUAKE2689 09-09-2007 08:08 PM

Jason Campbell first pass what the hell?

ArcticRed 09-09-2007 08:11 PM

Everytime the ref makes a call on the skins hes grinning from ear to ear? ..... What the hell? There were times I wanted to rip off his face!

Btw, nice call on number 44, numb nuts!

Chief X_Phackter 09-09-2007 08:15 PM

[quote=love them hogs;349491]Oh yeah I missed one.What the hell was up with us getting that B.S false start on the exact same motion play that we drew the other team offsides in the preseason.That exact same shift was not a penalty in the pre-season so why is it a penalty now?[/quote]

Because Sellers went in motion in the backfield at the same time. He tried to play it off, but you can't have two guys in motion like that once everyones set.

love them hogs 09-09-2007 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=ArcticRed;349533]Everytime the ref makes a call on the skins hes grinning from ear to ear? ..... What the hell? There were times I wanted to rip off his face!

[B]Btw, nice call on number 44, numb nuts[/B]![/QUOTE]

Yeah really,How many times have you heard of the refs having to correct themselves on which team the penalty is on.Maybe they will get the wrong number sometimes but not the wrong team.Oh well,I guess its the refs first game too.Lets hope we can get a better crew for monday night.

Southpaw 09-09-2007 08:17 PM

[quote=ArcticRed;349533]Every time the ref makes a call on the skins hes grinning from ear to ear? ..... What the hell? There were times I wanted to rip off his face!

Btw, nice call on number 44, numb nuts![/quote]

Yeah. I always try to avoid sounding like a dumbass and accusing the refs of intentionally making bad calls, but I swear it seems like the Redskins get the brunt of shitty calls every season(Rogers interference???). I'm glad Coach Gibbs goes over the calls every week, and calls out the officiating committee on the bad ones.

skinsfan69 09-09-2007 08:18 PM

Hey Smoot and Carlos! Play some damn bump and run. What the hell was that 10 yard cushion crap?

love them hogs 09-09-2007 08:24 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;349538]Because Sellers went in motion in the backfield at the same time. He tried to play it off, but you can't have two guys in motion like that once everyones set.[/QUOTE]

I believe that it is only considered motion if you are still moving when the ball is snapped.The ball hadnt been snapped yet when the d jumped offsides so it is considered a shift.I know that you can shift more than one player at a time because the Skins do it all the time.Like I said before,that exact same play was not a penalty in the pre-season.The refs huddled up and called the penalty on the D in the pre-season.

jsarno 09-09-2007 08:28 PM

1- Gibbs making a decision to keep in Betts (a fumbler from last year) at the end of the game instead of giving it to Portis who looked GREAT.
2- Gibbs calling a time out with around 1:15 minutes left in the game on a 3rd down which ultimately gave a lot of time to the Fins, luckily they sucked too much to do anything with it.
3- Portis was running wild, and instead of running it in OT, Gibbs goes for a FIRST DOWN 40 YARD FIELD GOAL??? With an unproven kicker none the less?

Campbell throwing a pick on the first pass play of the season!!!!

SmootSmack 09-09-2007 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=love them hogs;349550]I believe that it is only considered motion if you are still moving when the ball is snapped.The ball hadnt been snapped yet when the d jumped offsides so it is considered a shift.I know that you can shift more than one player at a time because the Skins do it all the time.Like I said before,that exact same play was not a penalty in the pre-season.The refs huddled up and called the penalty on the D in the pre-season.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this will help

[url=http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/positionofplayers]NFL Rules Digest: Position of Players at Snap[/url]

DynamiteRave 09-09-2007 08:36 PM

Someone (and no it wasn't me) said at halftime we should put Collins in the game.

What the hell?