Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   I Don't Know What To Do.... (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/1990-i-dont-know-what-to-do.html)

NY_Skinsfan 08-02-2004 12:27 AM

I Don't Know What To Do....

I have a dilemma. My wife's birthday is a week from Monday (Aug. 9th). She wants to go out to dinner. We have a one year old baby so getting out for us is a big treat. I wouldn't mind going to dinner but not next Monday...I tried to convince her to pick another night but she doesn't seem to understand the importance of seeing Joe Gibbs walk the sideline for the first time in 12 years...Any suggestions?

I am trying to get my wife more interested in football, particularly Washington Redskin football, but it's taking a while. What do I do?

1niksder 08-02-2004 12:31 AM

Dinner at a place thats showing the game ... or ...go to dinner early...

That Guy 08-02-2004 12:33 AM

oh man, either way, you lose... try an early dinner, 5-6pm, and you should be home in time. You could always tell her that you'd like her to watch it with you, but some people don't like answering questions while trying to watch a game... that's the best i can come up with though...

NY_Skinsfan 08-02-2004 12:34 AM

The place my wife wants to go is not all that fond of tv's...thought of that one.

Also...earliest we can go is 7:30.

That Guy 08-02-2004 12:46 AM

well, rework someones schedule, or get out a vcr/tivo/computer w/ tv tuner and set it to record for when you get back.

NY_Skinsfan 08-02-2004 12:55 AM

see here's the other problem...I work the help desk at a local college (RPI). I work nights so that means if I tape the game I won't be able to watch it until the next morning...well, since i work the help desk, summer's are boring so i surf the internet all night long...that means i will eventually find out about the game and i hate finding out about the game before i watch it...

cough cough....i think i am coming down with a cold. I don't think i can make it to work next monday...(that seems to be my only choice)

redrock-skins 08-02-2004 01:02 AM

I am excited to see Gibbs walk the sidelines too, but it is pre-season! I'll be more excited week 1 vs the Bucs. Not trying to understate how important this is to you, but for me pre-season is pre-season. Normally, I am excited to see any football in early August, but then it gives way to watching NFL Europe Scrubs playing out the 3rd and 4th quarters.

That Guy 08-02-2004 01:07 AM

got to do what you got to do ;)

SmootSmack 08-02-2004 01:56 AM

I've been in a similar situation, sans the baby though. It was our anniversary. Here's what I did. Gave my girl a home-cooked dinner. She thought it was all romantic that I made her dinner. Did the whole wine and candles thing. Finished dinner in time to turn the game on, can't remember now which one it was. Since I had actually made dinner, she was cool with me putting the game on for a couple of hours. Then my girl and I had some, um, "dessert". Flawless night

The food wasn't all that great though, I can cook but I'm no Emeril

NY_Skinsfan 08-02-2004 02:14 AM

i suppose i could give it a try....thanks smootsmack...any menu suggestions

SmootSmack 08-02-2004 02:27 AM

What can you make? I think I made some shrimp and pasta in alfredo sauce dish, with a salad appetizer

cpayne5 08-02-2004 09:32 AM

Here's what you do.
First, have a buddy tape the game, so you'll be able to watch it whenever you want. Next, take her out to dinner to whereever she wants to go. Don't look at your watch and don't talk about the game. Don't worry about missing the game, it's just a preseason game. When you get back, turn on the tv and see if you can catch the end or some highlights. If she realizes that you missed the game for HER, it may pay off for future big games! :D

Sammy Baugh Fan 08-02-2004 12:58 PM

You're gonna miss her for a while but you need to "take one for the Team".

Get yer priorities straight man!

lol
Did I mention I have been divorced twice? Taking my advice might not be the best idea.

Congrats!
peace mike

Skins fan 44 08-02-2004 01:14 PM

Well, like the rest of you are a huge fan. What is it going to be like the rest of the season? Is she a sports fan? Lets hope she understands your love for the Redskins. Like Mike I am divorced too. Part of the problem was she thought I watched too much sports. Best of luck, hope you watch the game(s) one way or another.

NY_Skinsfan 08-02-2004 05:23 PM

thanks for the input guys...i guess i am going to have to suck it up and watch the game in the morning...unfortunately she is not such a big sports fan so she doesn't really understand but i think that she is starting to realize how important this season is...only because that's all i talk about. Once I get my daughter to say Hail To The Redskins, it's all over for my wife...I can't wait.