Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Trade Help... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=20019)

bridaman51 09-25-2007 07:10 PM

Trade Help...

Scoring system is 10 pts. for every 10 yards receiving, and 6 for every touchdown. That is it for receivers.

I have been offered Steve Smith and Lee Evans for Marvin Harrison.

Should I give up Marvin for those two?

jsarno 09-25-2007 07:14 PM

Re: Trade Help...

First of all, is it 1 pt for every ten yards or 10 points? So if someone gets 100 yards receiving, they get 100 points?
If so, that makes TD's useless.

I don't care what league you're in, if someone offers Steve Smith AND Lee Evans for Harrison, you take it! Steve Smith will likely rival Harrison, if not beat him outright...and while Lee Evans has been sucking, he has waaaay too much talent to be kept down much longer. He has been unfortunate with the defenses and the fact that Losman has missed him on several plays. Losman is hurt, look for him to get big numbers this week.

jsarno 09-25-2007 07:21 PM

Keep in mind that Evans started last season (first two game) with only 4 catches and 44 yards.
In the one of those games he played New England...it was the first game and he had only 2 catches for 25 yards. The second time he played New England, he had only 1 catch for 10 yards.
So if you throw out those 3 games, he had 77 catches for 1238 yards and 8 tds in the other 13 games. That's an average of almost 6 catches, and 95 yards a game. Those are AMAZING fantasy numbers.
Lee Evans to this point has faced Denver (arguably the best secondary in the league), Pittsburgh (extremely tough D) and New England after the Belicheat scandal. He will come around.

bridaman51 09-25-2007 08:09 PM

It is 1 point for every 10 yards receiving so for 100 yds receiving it would be 10 points. And thanks for the feed back.

EARTHQUAKE2689 09-25-2007 08:50 PM

yes do it.

WillH 09-25-2007 09:01 PM

I have a fantasy question too, and I figured Id post it here rather then start a new thread.

I need to pick two out of the three following receivers to start next week:

Kevin Curtis
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall

Which two do you think I should start?

jsarno 09-25-2007 10:34 PM

[QUOTE=WillH;357363]I have a fantasy question too, and I figured Id post it here rather then start a new thread.

I need to pick two out of the three following receivers to start next week:

Kevin Curtis
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall

Which two do you think I should start?[/QUOTE]

Wayne and Marshall...Curtis, while he had a monster day, it was a fluke. Wayne and Marshall will be consistant. Marshall seems like he's the #1 option in Denver too.

SouperMeister 09-25-2007 10:39 PM

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. All three are clearly the #1 recievers on their respective teams, but Harrison shares a lot of scoring opportunities with Wayne, Dallas Clark, etc.

On another note, I've always thought that Santana Moss is just as good as Smith, but I'm baffled that Gibbs hasn't found a way to get him the ball in space 6-8 times a game the way John Fox does with Smith.

WillH 09-25-2007 11:33 PM

[quote=jsarno;357373]Wayne and Marshall...Curtis, while he had a monster day, it was a fluke. Wayne and Marshall will be consistant. Marshall seems like he's the #1 option in Denver too.[/quote]

Thanks man, my only concern with starting Wayne is that he is going up against Denver's D which is #1 against the pass thus far. Granted they haven't played great teams, but his production has dropped off the past couple weeks against worse pass D's.

As for Curtis, I figure last week was a fluke too, but they are going up against that terrible Giants pass D. I know they shut us down, but we have a less experienced QB and an inJured Oline. So these are the only reasons I have been thinking about Curtis over Wayne...I just keep going back and forth about it. AHH!!!

SmootSmack 09-25-2007 11:37 PM

[QUOTE=WillH;357383]Thanks man, my only concern with starting Wayne is that he is going up against Denver's D which is #1 against the pass thus far. Granted they haven't played great teams, but his production has dropped off the past couple weeks against worse pass D's.

As for Curtis, I figure last week was a fluke too, but they are going up against that terrible Giants pass D. I know they shut us down, but we have a less experienced QB and an inJured Oline. So these are the only reasons I have been thinking about Curtis over Wayne...I just keep going back and forth about it. AHH!!![/QUOTE]

Reggie Wayne torched the Broncos last year to the tune of 10 catches, 138 yrads, and 3 TDs

SmootSmack 09-25-2007 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=SouperMeister;357375]I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. All three are clearly the #1 recievers on their respective teams, but Harrison shares a lot of scoring opportunities with Wayne, Dallas Clark, etc.

On another note, I've always thought that Santana Moss is just as good as Smith, but I'm baffled that Gibbs hasn't found a way to get him the ball in space 6-8 times a game the way John Fox does with Smith.[/QUOTE]

Moss gets plenty of opportunities

jsarno 09-26-2007 01:45 AM

[QUOTE=WillH;357383]Thanks man, my only concern with starting Wayne is that he is going up against Denver's D which is #1 against the pass thus far. Granted they haven't played great teams, but his production has dropped off the past couple weeks against worse pass D's.

As for Curtis, I figure last week was a fluke too, but they are going up against that terrible Giants pass D. I know they shut us down, but we have a less experienced QB and an inJured Oline. So these are the only reasons I have been thinking about Curtis over Wayne...I just keep going back and forth about it. AHH!!![/QUOTE]

1- Well, if there is one thing you will never see me do, it's underestimate the Colts offense. I honestly feel it's the best offense year in and year out that the planet has ever seen. So I will always take the Colts offense vs any defense. We've seen them pick apart the best of defenses.

2- As SS pointed out, Wayne had a monster day vs Denver last year and that day he had the most catches, yards and TD's since 2004 vs Green Bay. (although it is worthy to note that the 3 td's was the only time in his career he scored 3 tds vs any team in his career)

3- Curtis had career highs last week. His previous career highs were in 05 with 9 catches and 105 yards. Also, that was his first multiple TD game in his career.

4- (a)That being said, Phily does not like to pick a #1 WR, they spread it around a lot. Look at 06, Reggie Brown had a career day 6 rec, 121 yrds, 2 tds, the next week he had 4 rec, 77 yards and 1 td, the next 4 weeks he had a total of 6 receptions.

4- (b)Stallworth had a couple great days as well, 6 rec, 141 yrds and 1 td, next game was 5 for 81, game after that was 1 for 26. He had another big game in 06 of 4 for 111 and 1 td, followed up by 3 for 31 and 1 td.

4- (c)Even T.O. in 05 had 11rec, 171 yds, and 1 td, then followed it up with 5 rec for 50 yards.

In other words, when Phily has a WR that has a career day, they shy away from them the next week. It's [i]POSSIBLE[/i] they will get another TD, but they clearly don't target them as much, and since Curtis is not a clear cut great WR, I am expecting them to spread it around, AND I am expecting that the defenses they will face will Target Curtis as their #1 which will severely limit his production.

5- Last but not least, you need to ask yourself what your willing to lose with. Would you be pissed if you did start Curtis and he got 2 catches for 40 yards, and Wayne was on your bench and had 7 catches for 110 yards and 2 tds? I know I'd rather lose with my best talent on the "field". I hate it when I think someone will have a great game and they don't and I lose because of it. Always use what got you there.

jsarno 09-26-2007 01:51 AM

I almost forgot.
6- While we have crowned the Broncos as the best secondary in the league (and stat wise, they are #1), they have faced the Bills, Raiders and Jags. All three have inferior passing games.

The Bills are 32nd in passing
The Raiders are 23rd in passing
The Jags are 21st in passing

The Colts are 4th in passing and likely going up.

The Broncos will be beat up by Peyton and company, especially since Bailey and Bly have not seen a duo like Harrison and Wayne all season, and will need to be one on one with them. Don't expect safety help cause Lynch has lost a step.

jsarno 09-26-2007 01:59 AM

Just in case you don't believe in the Colts offense...
Only 2 times since Manning joined the club in 98 (that's 10 seasons including this year) have they been worse than 5th in total offense. That was his rookie year (98) and when Dungy took over in 02.
That's right, 8 out of the last 10 years they have had at the very least, the 5th best offense.
You can't go wrong with the Colts.

WillH 09-26-2007 03:08 AM

[quote=jsarno;357408]Just in case you don't believe in the Colts offense...
Only 2 times since Manning joined the club in 98 (that's 10 seasons including this year) have they been worse than 5th in total offense. That was his rookie year (98) and when Dungy took over in 02.
That's right, 8 out of the last 10 years they have had at the very least, the 5th best offense.
You can't go wrong with the Colts.[/quote]

Thanks dude, You have me convinced. I'll be sure and give you grief if you're wrong though....ha ha

jsarno 09-26-2007 03:41 AM

[QUOTE=WillH;357414]Thanks dude, You have me convinced. I'll be sure and give you grief if you're wrong though....ha ha[/QUOTE]

No problem man, don't worry, you won't be giving me any grief! LOL.

jsarno 10-01-2007 03:10 PM

Wayne, 5 rec, 38 yrds, 1 td = 14 pts.
Curtis, 2 rec, 21 yrds, 0 td = 4 points.

You're welcome. :D