Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Meetup (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-meetup/)
-   -   Skins fans in Dallas (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-meetup/20209-skins-fans-in-dallas.html)

redskins5044 10-09-2007 09:25 PM

Skins fans in Dallas

i was wondering if we have any skins fans residing in dallas or fans going to make the trip down there on Nov 18? i was planning on trying to go down for the game.

SC Skins Fan 10-09-2007 09:53 PM

Re: Skins fans in Dallas

Anecdotally it seems like there are about 10,000 times more Cowboys fans in the DC area than there are Redskins fans in Dallas-Fort Worth. Bunch of locals in VA, MY, DC pull for the Cowboys (I guess they hated their fathers or something...or are just bandwagon folks more likely) but I don't think that is really the case in Dallas. Hope you can find someone to go with you, though. Tickets to that game are WAY cheaper than tix for the Skins-Cowboys at FedEx on Dec. 30 (I'll be there though, Sec. 434, already getting pumped).

skinsWill 10-09-2007 10:17 PM

Im a MD/VA native living just north of dallas in denton, one of my friends who is a cowgirls fan got 2 season tickets from his girls dad... i know they are awesome seats on the 50 yd line but i dont know if its visitors side or cowturd side but i am prepared to rock the B&G either way! i just hope none of the retarded drunk redneck fans decides to throw beer on my CP throwback... Ill have to kill someone!!!

jrocx69 10-10-2007 02:07 AM

there's plenty B&G fans here. i go to a bar here in plano (Dallas suburb) and we have a fan club of about 50 and thats just one little bar. most of the crew goes to the cowdungs home game against the skins and most sit together

freddyg12 10-10-2007 09:50 AM

[quote=SC Skins Fan;361959]Anecdotally it seems like there are about 10,000 times more Cowboys fans in the DC area than there are Redskins fans in Dallas-Fort Worth. Bunch of locals in VA, MY, DC pull for the Cowboys (I guess they hated their fathers or something...or are just bandwagon folks more likely) but I don't think that is really the case in Dallas. Hope you can find someone to go with you, though. Tickets to that game are WAY cheaper than tix for the Skins-Cowboys at FedEx on Dec. 30 (I'll be there though, Sec. 434, already getting pumped).[/quote]

One reason the Cowboys are so popular is that George Marshall, 1st owner of the skins, was one of the last (if not the last) owners to integrate his team w/black players. This caused many black DC area people to hate them & root for the boys. I always thought it seemed there were relatively few black Skins fans & I grew up in Va. Kind of ironic that they root for a team called the cowboys & not the minority.

As DC is obviously a political town this could've contributed to many whites not liking the skins as well. In addition, the cowboys have always been a marketing machine. They came into the league & w/the help of the nfl promoted themselves as the alternative to all the traditional franchises.

Back to the thread - I'm going to the game on 11/18 w/my wife for our 2nd anniversary - she's a cowpoke fan. I have 2 tickets I need to sell beforehand. I plan to put them on ebay & hope to get around $300.

kdogg3270 10-10-2007 09:53 AM

the above comment was right on..also, i live in texas and here in san antonio there are quite a BUNCH of redskins fans around..you can catch us at fasto's sports garden if you are in town....we sing the fight song and everything..

skinsWill 10-10-2007 11:07 AM

jrocx69,
What is the name of the bar?... i never knew there was a skins fans hang out!

dgack 10-23-2007 07:17 AM

I just moved from Baltimore to Austin and was contemplating trying to get tix to the game on the 18th but have *no* idea how to "do it right" so to speak. Is Texas Stadium as crazy as FedEx in terms of traffic, parking, etc?

FreddyG -- how much do those tix usually go for?

jbcjr14 10-23-2007 09:42 AM

I live in Austin as well. Tix for that game are fairly easy to get. Try [url=http://www.ticketcity.com]TicketCity.com - Rugby World Cup, College Football Tickets & NFL Tickets[/url] as they are the "local" stub hub around here for Cowpuke and Horns games. I usually just stay at home and watch my NFL Sunday Ticket. Getting to Dallas from Austin or any point south is a pain in the ass up I-35.

freddyg12 10-23-2007 10:10 AM

[quote=dgack;367933]I just moved from Baltimore to Austin and was contemplating trying to get tix to the game on the 18th but have *no* idea how to "do it right" so to speak. Is Texas Stadium as crazy as FedEx in terms of traffic, parking, etc?

FreddyG -- how much do those tix usually go for?[/quote]

I've only checked ebay this week & prices are getting up there, e.g. $400 for 2 tix in the upper section w/view to the side of the end zone. I saw some upper level end zone tickets going for over $400 for 2.

This will be my first time to texas stadium. I've been reading a lot on the logistics. It sounds just as messy as Fedex, but on a smaller scale as there are fewer seats. I hate most things suburban so we're staying downtown, but we'll have to find a way to the game. There's no rail or public bus on sundays to Irving, the stadium is right off the interstate.

I do recall reading that there is one exit you really need to take if you're driving to the stadium. I think Fans cautioned that a couple exits are nightmares to get in & out of.

On a positive note, people including Skins fans say that it is a great tailgate scene & the poke fans are cool.