Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://www.thewarpath.net/fantasy-football/)
-   -   Would You Take a Chance On...? (http://www.thewarpath.net/fantasy-football/20247-would-you-take-a-chance-on.html)

SmootSmack 10-11-2007 08:14 PM

Would You Take a Chance On...?

Bengals WR Chris Henry
Chiefs RB Priest Holmes

Both are due back in the next few weeks (two more weeks for Priest, four for Henry) from what I hear

Is either, particularly Holmes, worth a waiver wire pickup?

DEVIL'S OWN 10-11-2007 08:34 PM

Re: Would You Take a Chance On...?

yes on Henry at least he would come cheap, he's a very talented WR and he knows it would be his last dance in DC....and he's like 6"4

EARTHQUAKE2689 10-11-2007 08:40 PM

[quote=DEVIL'S OWN;362685]yes on Henry at least he would come cheap, he's a very talented WR and he knows it would be his last dance in DC....and he's like 6"4[/quote]

when you say DC you mean cincinatti right?

Slingin Sammy 33 10-11-2007 08:42 PM

Henry with a one year contract and see if he straightens out. If not, no loss.

SantanaMan 10-11-2007 09:02 PM

You guys realise this was a FANTASY football question?
Both players become available to play for their respective real world teams in a # of weeks and SmootSmack was asking would anyone take a flyer on either of them.

Possibly C.Henry as he is a good red zone target and may come in with a chip on his shoulder, defintely is an upgrade over Glen Holt but I think you'd have to be pretty short at wr to condier this move.

Priest, no way - if LJ can't do anything behind that o-line I don't see someone who has been out of football for near 2 years being able to come in and do anything worthwhile.

EARTHQUAKE2689 10-11-2007 09:06 PM

[quote=SantanaMan;362692]You guys realise this was a FANTASY football question?
Both players become available to play for their respective real world teams in a # of weeks and SmootSmack was asking would anyone take a flyer on either of them.

Possibly C.Henry as he is a good red zone target and may come in with a chip on his shoulder, defintely is an upgrade over Glen Holt but I think you'd have to be pretty short at wr to condier this move.

Priest, no way - if LJ can't do anything behind that o-line I don't see someone who has been out of football for near 2 years being able to come in and do anything worthwhile.[/quote]

yeah I knew that that Is why I asked if he meant Cincy?

SmootSmack 10-11-2007 09:08 PM

[QUOTE=SantanaMan;362692]You guys realise this was a FANTASY football question?

Priest, no way - if LJ can't do anything behind that o-line I don't see someone who has been out of football for near 2 years being able to come in and do anything worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Cowell 10-11-2007 09:40 PM

I would take a shot at Henry, if you are that desperate at WR. Not Holmes though, he might be used as a limited 3rd down back if that. Maybe Holmes production will pick up later in the season, but keep in mind he hasn't played in 2-3 years. The Bengals always seemed to like Henry and I think even on his first week back he could have a nice game and consistently get points.

EternalEnigma21 10-12-2007 03:16 AM

henry maybe, but who would you be dropping to get him? thats the question... does he improve your team over the already taken roster spot?

Soup's Uncle 10-12-2007 10:29 AM

Henry yes, no on Holmes. He's one direct hit away from being retired permanently.

ArtMonkDrillz 10-12-2007 10:32 AM

Gibbs would never want Henry.... j/k

I think he's a decent pick up if you need another WR.

That Guy 10-12-2007 08:06 PM

henry, but he's a screw up.