Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=20355)

724Skinsfan 10-17-2007 05:53 PM

Re: Canadian Healthcare from a Canadian...

[quote=jsarno;365785]Thanks for the link...that pisses me off...she e-mailed it to me like she wrote it. Damn plaugerism!!!!
I just sent her an e-mail about it...she even signed it like it was hers.[/quote]

I sent that letter to a friend at work to ask what he thought of it and he sent me the link in like 5 minutes. He said it smelled kind of fishy to him so he copied it into a search engine.

This is a classic example of why I take everything with a grain of salt unless I am the one with first-hand experience. Heresay from passionate people can often times confuse the issue. The world and it's going's-ons are not clear cut or black and white. Canadian health-care isn't a utopian system nor is it veiled attempt at genocide. It's somewhere in the middle with it's pro's and con's just like most everything else. To me, it all depends on how the topic of discussion personally affects you.

dmek25 10-17-2007 07:34 PM

i cant believe I'm talking to educated people that really think our health care system is fine. the kinds of things that our politicians should be doing, like trying to fix this mess, they avoid like the plague. but steroids in baseball, now that's something important to capital hill. what a joke. people are always screaming on the democrats for not having any ideas. but when someone like Hillary Clinton proposes a new health care idea,its basically shot down without any real discussion

dmek25 10-17-2007 07:36 PM

and jsarno, nice try. but i thought you would be above posting propaganda around here. nothing like the facts, huh?

djnemo65 10-17-2007 07:48 PM

LOL, I guess your friend has a lesbian gf or sister named Shirley huh Jsarno?

FRPLG 10-17-2007 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;365849]i cant believe I'm talking to educated people that really think our health care system is fine. the kinds of things that our politicians should be doing, like trying to fix this mess, they avoid like the plague. but steroids in baseball, now that's something important to capital hill. what a joke. people are always screaming on the democrats for not having any ideas. but when someone like Hillary Clinton proposes a new health care idea,its basically shot down without any real discussion[/QUOTE]

I am on board with you here. Not Hillary's plan but the fact that our politicians are worried more about things that don't affect us is what pisses me off. Our health care system is broke for a variety of reasons. Mostly due to the meddling and stupidity of politicians who were too dumb to understand what they were doing at the time. Now, today, we have politicians who are too lazy or too worried about poll numbers to do anything about anything that matters. Healthcare being one of the big ones.

jsarno 10-18-2007 01:12 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25;365851]and jsarno, nice try. but i thought you would be above posting propaganda around here. nothing like the facts, huh?[/QUOTE]

If a friend of your sent you an e-mail, wouldn't you trust the person thinking it was ACTUALLY FROM THEM?
I still haven't gotten an e-mail back about this. I'm still pretty pissed about it. Made me look like an idiot. I guess you can't trust anyone.

MTK 10-18-2007 08:21 AM

LOL this reminds me of a situation I had in a company I used to work for.

One day we got this company wide email from a higher up exec, warning us of gas stations where people hid needles infected with AIDS on the pump handles and people were getting pricked and getting infected.

LOL we knew right away that this person had fell for one of those email forwards, except it was pretty bad that he sent it to the entire company across the NATION!! A few minutes later he sent an apology saying he didn't realize it was one of those urban legend email forwards. And this was a company that had a pretty tight email policy, I'm sure he caught some hell for it.

It still cracks me up to this day!

Sammy Baugh Fan 10-18-2007 08:35 AM

I have no idea about the email so my only comment will be this.

We already pay enough taxes that it should cover a National Health Care System. I don't claim to have the answer I just know what the goal is and that should be a start. Don't raise my taxes and quit wasting it on Bridges in yer names and monuments and crap and cover everyone with a good Health Care System. I "think" most would aggree with that.

Have a great day guys
peace
mike

Hog1 10-18-2007 09:04 AM

I got that email as well.
A friend of mine (who I forwarded it to) recently married a woman from Quebec. According to him, she completely disputes this, saying the healthcare system is quite good.
I don't personally know

BleedBurgundy 10-18-2007 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=jsarno;365779] I will have new healthcare in 1 month though due to a new full time job. [QUOTE]

Congratulations on that. I hope it was what you were looking for. I know you were pretty stressed in that situation.

firstdown 10-18-2007 09:48 AM

[quote=dmek25;365849]i cant believe I'm talking to educated people that really think our health care system is fine. the kinds of things that our politicians should be doing, like trying to fix this mess, they avoid like the plague. but steroids in baseball, now that's something important to capital hill. what a joke. people are always screaming on the democrats for not having any ideas. but when someone like Hillary Clinton proposes a new health care idea,its basically shot down without any real discussion[/quote]
I do not have a problem with someone wanting to make health care more affordable and more efficient but it seems everytime that the goverment gets involved the opposite happens. Just look at medicare and social security and the financial problems in those programs. If you think lobbiest are running the country now the problem will become twice as bad. Eveyone will be lobbing to get this or that covered. Politicians will run on platforms saying they will get this or that covered and so on. The problem will just get worse and worse. One of the problems with health insurance now is that the goverment mandates that ins. company cover things that I do not need to purchase which drives up my cost for coverages I do not need.

jsarno 10-18-2007 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=BleedBurgundy;365986][QUOTE=jsarno;365779] I will have new healthcare in 1 month though due to a new full time job. [QUOTE]

Congratulations on that. I hope it was what you were looking for. I know you were pretty stressed in that situation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it will be a great position for me. A lot less stress, good benefits, and no one above me, it's my store 100%. My Boss lives and works in another state, and he's cool as anything. (younger than me actually which is a first for me) I am actually kissing his ass a little because he went to bat for me for more money from the start which he didn't have to do. I know Tom and Mike Glavine (I went to High school with Tom's brother Mike) and my new boss is a HUGE braves fan and loves Glavine, so I got them to send me an autographed baseball of Tom's. My new boss has no idea it's coming, he'll be pleasantly surprised.

jsarno 10-18-2007 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan;365967]I have no idea about the email so my only comment will be this.

We already pay enough taxes that it should cover a National Health Care System. I don't claim to have the answer I just know what the goal is and that should be a start. Don't raise my taxes and quit wasting it on Bridges in yer names and monuments and crap and cover everyone with a good Health Care System. I "think" most would aggree with that.

Have a great day guys
peace
mike[/QUOTE]

It seems everyone in the world agrees the government is misspending the tax money and wasting it. Someone should run on that platform.

jsarno 10-18-2007 03:26 PM

I did get a response from my friend,

[i]Hi Joel,
I’m sorry to upset you with that e-mail, but I want you to know that I sent it because for the most part, I agree with it. A lot of people think we have excellent healthcare up here and it’s really horrible. Sick people will pay American doctors to do their surgeries so they won’t die waiting for the healthcare system to get around to them. This happens more than people think.
Again, I am sorry. I know you hate forwarded e-mails, and you would not have even opened it had it been a forward.
I hope you’re not really that upset at me, you’re a good friend, and I love and miss you. [/i]

BigSKINBauer 10-18-2007 03:34 PM

Now no system is perfect. It is important to take the good from many systems and make it an american system. I am fine with allowing people to choose private healthcare with some sort of tax break.

The problem is, health care is something that a government should supply to its people. As hard it is to achieve, in my mind it is as simple as that. We don't worry about paying the fire department and the police. This is part of our safety and it should be covered.

Taxes may be higher but this is a basic service that a government should be providing. It seems all major industrialized countries, except for america, have been able to understand that