Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TE Jim Kleinsasser a Vikings (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=206)

Ghost 03-03-2004 12:20 AM

The Redskins will probably trade down for Wilfork or Grove and pick up some extra draft picks. I'm betting Gibbs will find a couple blue collar blocking TEs among the undrafted rookie FAs, maybe sign some vet we've never heard of. Kellen Winslow isn't known for his blocking and it would be a waste for him to do so in Gibbs' system. He's a real long shot, in my opinion. Same with Taylor, as much as I like him. If they stay at #5, I can see them taking Udeze, who is a freak and will shoot up draft boards if he has a good workout. I think they're going to load up on the DL.

Daseal 03-03-2004 12:39 AM

I'm really suprised at this move, I thought Kleisner was as good as ours. Well, it's not suprising the vikes who are way under the cap want to keep him, but it was almost a done deal he was outta there. Shame.

Ghost 03-03-2004 12:43 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]I'm really suprised at this move, I thought Kleisner was as good as ours. Well, it's not suprising the vikes who are way under the cap want to keep him, but it was almost a done deal he was outta there. Shame.[/QUOTE]

Me too. He would have been a good fit. Too bad. Now Kinney is locked up too.

BrunellFan 03-03-2004 03:04 AM

We've still got that 5th round pick... trade anyone?

AnonEmouse 03-03-2004 08:59 AM

I'd agree with signing Rasby and drafting Taylor. I think the latter could have more impact on a Williams D than Winslow on a Gibbs O. Remember the impact Attwater had for the Broncos?

IowaSkinsFan 03-03-2004 11:08 AM

A move that went under the radar:

The Redskins recently paid a $500k roster bonus to.....Byron Chamberlain. He will be given the chance to get his fat arse in shape and it is hoped that he can still get down the seams and occupy the safties, thereby opening things on the outside for Cole and Gardner underneath!

Your TE's for next year will be Chamberlain, Royal and......Mike Sellers, who has already signed!

cpayne5 03-03-2004 11:15 AM

I like the idea of bringing in Walter Rasby, Stephen Alexander, and Ken Dilger to fight it out. I think that TE could be one of the best camp battles (albeit not something that will get lots of media attention) this year.

EEich 03-03-2004 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Well, if we had a TE like Winslow then I think he'd get the ball, he's not a bad blocker either. I think he'd be a good fit. That said, I'd only take him if Taylor is gone. Taylor is my guy right now. I dont think the pick is worth Harris or Wilfork.[/QUOTE]
I agree talent-wise he'd be a good match... But personality-wise i think he'd be a problem. He wouldn't be happy being used primarily as a blocker and he's not the type to keep his mouth shut.

jsarno 03-03-2004 11:39 AM

I just don't think the TE position in the gibbs system is that important. We need more of a blocker than a pass catcher. Really what we have is sufficient, and I think the roster bonus of Chamberlain shows that.

cpayne5 03-03-2004 11:44 AM

In order to get Winslow, we'd have to pick him over Sean Taylor, and I'm not ready to do that. I think having a safety like Taylor will go a long way to shoring up our pass and run defense.

diehardskin2982 03-03-2004 11:53 AM

Rasby, Chambelain and Royal will battle it out. I see Rasby starting uless Chamberlain can get his act together

EEich 03-03-2004 11:53 AM

I wanted Taylor too until the combine, but now I'm not so sure. Word is that he came to Indianapolis fat and out of shape and that he faked a hamstring injury to excuse his lousy performance. I'm sure he'll still be a stud, but now his motivation and attitude comes into question.

MTK 03-03-2004 12:24 PM

I think Rasby and Dilger would be great fits here as the blocking TE's.

If motivated Chamberlain could be a darkhorse as the pass catching TE. But I'm not counting on Chamberlain at all. I could easily see him being a camp cut. But with a bonus of $500k to keep him around, he's worth a look I guess.

I'd pass on Alexander, he's constantly banged up and even when healthy he has underacheived.