Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/)
-   -   Are all these College Football upsets getting annoying? (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/20734-all-these-college-football-upsets-getting.html)

Campbell17 11-10-2007 12:45 PM

Are all these College Football upsets getting annoying?

I am a Badger fan as much as a skins fan, and right now they're beating Michigan 7-0, but some of the upsets are annoying, Appalachian State-Michigan, Stanford-USC, Colorado-Oklahoma, Auburn-Florida, etc. Is this making College Ball better or worse?

BigSKINBauer 11-10-2007 02:00 PM

Re: Are all these College Football upsets getting annoying?

It makes it much more exciting and fun to watch. It also makes more of a reason for a playoff system because just because a team is undefeated doesn't mean they are better than many teams with one loss. I like the upsets but i still want a playoff system.

Daseal 11-10-2007 02:10 PM

Yeah, I think over the next 10 years the NCAA will have some sort of system for college football playoffs. Keep rankings the same, and the top 16 get to go into a playoff bracket, and the rest of the teams can get BCS bowls so there isn't a ton of money lost.

RobH4413 11-10-2007 03:01 PM

[quote=Daseal;375736]Yeah, I think over the next 10 years the NCAA will have some sort of system for college football playoffs. Keep rankings the same, and the top 16 get to go into a playoff bracket, and the rest of the teams can get BCS bowls so there isn't a ton of money lost.[/quote]
I've always wondered why they don't just make each playoff game similar to that of a bowl game. Have the Tostito's wild card bowl or something like that.

Keep the sponsorships as a central theme of the games, and the highest bidder gets the championship.

Obviously it's either too risky, or wont make as much money... because otherwise I'm sure we'd be seeing a playoff. Personally, I would be more inclined to watch a playoff series, than any bowl games... but that's just me I guess.

RobH4413 11-10-2007 03:08 PM

[quote=BigSKINBauer;375733]It makes it much more exciting and fun to watch. It also makes more of a reason for a playoff system because just because a team is undefeated doesn't mean they are better than many teams with one loss. I like the upsets but i still want a playoff system.[/quote]
I know one team that won't be going to any bowl games this year...

You going to the game tonight BSB? I've got tickets, I'm just not sure I can get out of work tonight. It's my cousins (TE Haynos) last game and I'm trying to make it down there... It's def. going to be a hell of a party and I'm really thinking about calling in sick.

Redskins247 11-10-2007 07:03 PM

Add another one to the list as #1 Ohio State falls today! I love the upsets....this year it has been "Any Given Saturday" in college football!

Definitely needs to be some sort of playoff system....at least a plus one game.

Skins fan 44 11-10-2007 09:03 PM

Way to go ILLINI.

EARTHQUAKE2689 11-10-2007 09:41 PM

Yes LSU number 1 again

Campbell17 11-10-2007 10:15 PM

What about the Badgers upsetting Michigan?

Hail2theskins 11-11-2007 12:49 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;375790]Yes LSU number 1 again[/quote]

Not so fast, Oregon could easily jump past LSU for the number 1 spot. Playing LA tech could easily lower LSU strength of schedule enough for them to get passed by, but it doesnt really matter as long as you're 1 or 2.

RobH4413 11-11-2007 01:18 AM

How bout them terps babay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M-A-R-Y-L-A-N-D Maryland FOOOTBALL!

time to get slammered.

EARTHQUAKE2689 11-11-2007 01:29 PM

[quote=Hail2theskins;375821]Not so fast, Oregon could easily jump past LSU for the number 1 spot. Playing LA tech could easily lower LSU strength of schedule enough for them to get passed by, but it doesnt really matter as long as you're 1 or 2.[/quote]

LSU is number 1 man and Wisconsin beating Michigan is not an upset

BigSKINBauer 11-11-2007 01:43 PM

[quote=RobH4413;375822]How bout them terps babay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M-A-R-Y-L-A-N-D Maryland FOOOTBALL!

time to get slammered.[/quote]

Hell yeah. did you get to go to the game? I didn't know haynos was your cousin. He was hit really hard on one play down the middle yesterday. He does a great job at TE for us.

How does maryland lose to UNC and beat BC? This is maryland football.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-11-2007 08:50 PM

And if VT didn't blow it to BC they'd be in the championship talk... :doh:

Campbell17 11-11-2007 10:00 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;375883]LSU is number 1 man and Wisconsin beating Michigan is not an upset[/quote]
Why isn't it, they aren;t the team that they were last year, and Michigan was favored by 4 points, on the road at Camp Randall Stadium.