Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kudos...Every Day Nice People (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=20924)

saden1 11-22-2007 11:15 AM

Kudos...Every Day Nice People

It seems that we always talk about stuff that upsets us in the F threads. Following the same model I would like to start "K...XYZ" threads which are positive in nature.

Kudos to nice people who go the extra mile to serve you. Kudos to the coffee-stand lady in my neighborhood that always tries to give me free biscuits or significantly reduce her asking price for a cup of coffee.

EternalEnigma21 11-22-2007 11:35 AM

Re: Kudos...Every Day Nice People

I love that lady...

Sammy Baugh Fan 11-22-2007 12:09 PM

There really are some super nice folks out there. To find them I try and be super nice and I find them quick.

Kudos to Nice Folks!

SmootSmack 11-23-2007 12:28 AM

Kudos...saden1 for starting this thread and a new concept here. Nicely done

dmek25 11-23-2007 06:20 AM

one of my favorite movies is pay it forward, with Kevin Spacey. i always try to do at least one nice for someone, each day

Schneed10 11-23-2007 07:38 AM

I love it when my lunch costs $5.06, and I hand over a 10-spot, and the lunch cashier lady hands me back a 5 spot. The six cents is a little too much for give a penny take a penny, but she hooks me up anyway. Who wants to carry around 94 cents in change? She's considerate like that. It's the little things in life.

Schneed10 11-23-2007 07:39 AM

[quote=dmek25;381459]one of my favorite movies is pay it forward, with Kevin Spacey. i always try to do at least one nice for someone, each day[/quote]

Great movie. Made me cry like a little girl.

BrudLee 11-23-2007 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25;381459]one of my favorite movies is pay it forward, with Kevin Spacey. i always try to do at least one nice for someone, each day[/QUOTE]

Then F... dmek25. That movie was ten kinds of horrible.

[QUOTE=Schneed10;381462]Great movie. Made me cry like a little girl.[/QUOTE]

You [U]are[/U] a little girl.

Actually, I probably shouldn't talk. I've cried at McDonald's commercials.

[I]"You go Calvin. Make Momma proud![/I]

dmek25 11-23-2007 10:06 AM

brud, coming from you that hurts:(

saden1 11-23-2007 11:48 AM

[quote=Schneed10;381462]Great movie. Made me cry like a little girl.[/quote]

I guess that means you heart [I]Pay It Forward[/I]? LOL

MTK 12-04-2007 09:47 AM

Random acts of kindness are really underrated.

I appreciate the person in traffic that lets you merge without it being a freaking fight for your life.

dmek25 12-04-2007 10:16 AM

that's me Matty. but then i have a question for you. when you are let in a long line, do you acknowledge the person? because when i let someone in, and they don't wave, it pisses me off. i don't have to do it, i want to

MTK 12-04-2007 11:13 AM

I definitely wave if someone lets me in.

If I have to force my way in, I don't wave.

saden1 12-04-2007 01:16 PM

[quote=dmek25;388657]that's me Matty. but then i have a question for you. when you are let in a long line, do you acknowledge the person? because when i let someone in, and they don't wave, it pisses me off. i don't have to do it, i want to[/quote]

General policy is if I'm coming out of ramp and merging into the highway I don't wave. I'll wave now and then on the rare occupation that someone lets me in instead of having to force my way in.

Hog1 12-04-2007 02:04 PM

I must admit to being a little disappointed in a allegedly "Positive" thread, to a disgraceful level of disrepect directed toward little girls being tolerated!
Please Mods................handle it

SmootSmack 12-04-2007 10:12 PM

On a somewhat related note, here's a nice little piece on the Washington Wizards

[url=http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2007/12/touching_moment_at_verizon_cen.html]Touching moment at Verizon Center today - Wizards Insider[/url]

FRPLG 12-05-2007 12:35 AM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;388992]On a somewhat related note, here's a nice little piece on the Washington Wizards

[url=http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2007/12/touching_moment_at_verizon_cen.html]Touching moment at Verizon Center today - Wizards Insider[/url][/QUOTE]

That's one of the reason I actually get into the Wiz. It seems like a bunch of real good guys. I often wonder what is up with Brenda Haywood though. After hearing about how wordly and thoughtful Etan is it I am confused what got those two into such a battle. I don't know that Brenda is rough one or not but it seems odd that Etan would get so worked up over something trivial.

724Skinsfan 12-05-2007 09:34 AM

Kudos to my 3-tiers-above-me-boss for buying my co-worker's and my lunch after we bumped into him in a restaurant yesterday. After I ordered my meal, he steps in and swipes his card before I could protest or anything. Nice thing to do for us pittance earning underlings.