Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Black Friday (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/20932-black-friday.html)

FRPLG 11-23-2007 08:09 AM

Black Friday

Anyone else participating in this today? Anybody get any good deals? I don't mind getting up early but the people standing in line at Best Buy LAST NIGHT at 5 make me wonder.

dmek25 11-23-2007 08:39 AM

Re: Black Friday

no way would ever go anywhere near that disaster. besides, im leaving for Tampa today:)

BrudLee 11-23-2007 08:44 AM

There are a ton of Outlet stores in my hometown. I was at Starbucks a few days ago, and they were opening at 3 am today to accomodate the shoppers.

Three. A. M.

Frost 11-23-2007 10:03 AM

i went last night to compUSA,, they had the deals from 9pm to 12am, i got there around 8:30 there were around 300 ppl in line, it was pretty crazy but i managed to buy a 500GB external drive for 80$

Schneed10 11-23-2007 10:20 AM

You couldn't pay me enough to go out shopping today. Being in a mall, even when it's a weekday in July, actually drains the life out of me. Ugh.

I'm a 100% online shopper.

mooby 11-23-2007 10:49 AM

I just got off work, i worked from midnight to 10 a.m. today. It was the first time i've worked in retail on a black friday, and lemme tell you, it absolutely sucked. When the doors opened at 5, people just came running in, and one of them was like, WHERE ARE THE ZUNES???????? because we had brown zunes on sale for 80 bucks, but she was shit out of luck because my fellow employees gobbled them up before any customer had a chance to get one, and then another chick ran it screaming AGHHHHHHHHH, and i was just like, yeah that's not gonna help you find what you want.

Overall the day was fast paced and it went by pretty quickly, but i was busy 100% of the time, i had my own little two man crew to help me out in my section that i was assigned to, and overall i managed to keep the hot items on the floor, but it was very hectic and overall i was glad that it's a one time a year thing, because i don't have to deal with this again until next year, and that's only if i'm working in retail again. The only break i got was five minutes to eat a donut n drink a soda, n then i had to get back to work again. They promised us lunch but they didn't deliver.

saden1 11-23-2007 11:43 AM

The online revolution is wonderful. Point, click, buy! Got myself a Shoei motorcycle helmet, a Canon Rebel XTi SLR camera, and I finally pulled the trigger on a Garmin Nuvi 660.

EternalEnigma21 11-23-2007 12:16 PM

im going to lowes later, but im dreading it... I buy for my kids, draw names between my sisters and their spouses (100 buck limit only one person) and buy for everyone in my wife's family...

Usually I do most of my shopping online, but I'll hit the toy stores and the fun ones, like sharper image and spencers (though I don't usually buy anything there... i just like to look...)

saden1 11-23-2007 12:37 PM

[quote=canthetuna;381497]im going to lowes later, but im dreading it... I buy for my kids, [B]draw names[/B] between my sisters and their spouses (100 buck limit only one person) and [B]buy for everyone[/B] in my wife's family...

Usually I do most of my shopping online, but I'll hit the toy stores and the fun ones, like sharper image and spencers (though I don't usually buy anything there... i just like to look...)[/quote]

Your sisters are getting a raw deal. lol.

As for buying toys, it's probably prudent to go to the toy store and make sure the label doesn't say "Made in China" first hand.

724Skinsfan 11-23-2007 08:44 PM

I'm with Schneed and saden (not literally- that would not be cool). I wholeheartedly refuse to go out shopping on Black Friday and just about any other day unless it's for me and an emergency. Online shopping works for me!

htownskinfan 11-24-2007 01:44 PM

I hit Sears about 7 am for a camera for my daughter,it was a madhouse but somehow I managed to be out of there within 10 minutes with the camera

love them hogs 11-24-2007 04:33 PM

A little fun "fact" I just heard yesterday was that it is called black friday because this is the first day of the year that retail companies are operating "in the black" as opposed to "in the red" .Anyone else heard that before?

Sammy Baugh Fan 11-24-2007 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=love them hogs;381598]A little fun "fact" I just heard yesterday was that it is called black friday because this is the first day of the year that retail companies are operating "in the black" as opposed to "in the red" .Anyone else heard that before?[/QUOTE]
Yes,

I scored a PHAT Laptop at Sams club but didn't heve to get up early. Just went in and bough at 10am Friday. Nice HP Wide Screen.

Gonna but $1,000 worth of lumber to build myself my Shop I had started next.
She gets a laptop and I get WOOD. lol Same as it ever was.

peace

saden1 11-25-2007 06:11 AM

[quote=love them hogs;381598]A little fun "fact" I just heard yesterday was that it is called black friday because [B]this is the first day of the year that retail companies are operating "in the black" as opposed to "in the red" [/B].Anyone else heard that before?[/quote]

This isn't true for most retails. Though Black Friday boosts their overall annual profits most public retails operate in the black when you look at their quarterly reports.

skinsguy 11-25-2007 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan;381602]Yes,

I scored a PHAT Laptop at Sams club but didn't heve to get up early. Just went in and bough at 10am Friday. Nice HP Wide Screen.

Gonna but $1,000 worth of lumber to build myself my Shop I had started next.
She gets a laptop and I get WOOD. lol Same as it ever was.

peace[/QUOTE]

LOL! That's funny! Well, I did go out on Black Friday, but not because I wanted to. I needed to purchase a new fridge and oven for the house I'm moving into, and Sears had some great deals that day. Actually, when I was in there, they were having some awesome deals on LCD and Plasma TVs, but alas I didn't get one. Kind of kicking myself over that, but I'm sure they will have some good deals closer to Christmas time.