Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thank You Sean Taylor Thread... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=20995)

BigSKINBauer 11-27-2007 09:06 AM

Re: Thank You Sean Taylor Thread...

Sean Talor really is the nicest person you could have met. I thank him for keeping us entertained but the fact that he spoke to me longer than any other redskin also says a lot.

I remember the day i met him. It was just a year and a half ago but i have grown up so much since. I was so excited to meet him. This is what I wrote on here after meeting him

[quote]Sean BTW is the nicest guy in the world. He hasn't signed in the past but i really don't care much for autographs. He wants to talk to the fans and that is the cool thing. He was especially nice to the girls we brought along. They just gave him a hand shake and he made them do it again by inter locking the thumbs then pulling back and interlocking the fingers, if you know what I am talking about. He looked at another girls pink jersey and said in a girls voice, 'i like pink' and started to laugh. I talked shit about TO and he kept quiet but smiled. After we waited for a bit and he went to the parking lot. When we were walking back, my friend and his girlfriend went over to say bye one more time. At that time, sean, according to my friend, leaned back and "checked [his] girlfriend's ass out" when they were walking away. This made him very, very happy and he(and she) felt it gave him some bragging rights.

I yelled to taylor, that i would see him at camp. Normally the players would just wave or something. He actually walked towards me and said that he was looking forward to it and that it would be 'hot'. He told me that I should definately come and that he is going to work hard. I left but came back minutes later to get a picture. Taylor spoke with me for a few minutes which was very surprising. He asked about where I was going next year and about my major. I told him business and he said what kind and i told him i wasn't too sure. He started to talk about how you don't work towards your major till your junior year and what not. I told him to have a good year but he went right back to the college stuff telling me i needed a good first year. Just saying he is a good guy and it is just so wierd that he could pull a gun on someone. Not many people want to joke and talk with random fans.[/quote]Now honestly, he was the nicest redskin i've ever met. Looking back on that i can't believe that he took the time out of his day to talk to me and my friends. He was talking and taking pictures with everyone. Great guy. I can't believe that he is gone. I'll never forget the first thing he said to us. Talking to my friend with a pink jersey, "I like pink". He said that in a girly voice and started just laughing like an old man. The hand shake thing was really funny and i didn't describe it well up there. My friends gave him a week girly hand shake and he made them do it again and again until they got it right.

I would have NEVER expected that he would even come up to us let alone give us the time of day. Clinton portis was there and didn't talk to us at all. He was on his phone off to the side texting some people.

MOst importantly, he talked to me about me. He took an interest in me, 100 times more than any other redskin ever has. He didn't want to talk about football. He wanted to talk about my first year of college that was coming up in 3 months.

THat is by far my most rememberable moment of sean taylor and it is among my favorite moments as a redskin fan. I can't believe that he is gone. RIP and thank you.

BringBackJoeT 11-27-2007 09:08 AM

What a player. What a man. Thanks, Sean.

Jamaican'Skin 11-27-2007 09:08 AM

I woke up this morning and could not believe the news. Sean Taylor gone, at such a young age. A young man who was in his prime. I never met him, and he never met me, but he was a member of my family. He was my older brother Sean, my superman. I was never worried when he was in the game. I knew he had the opposing receivers covered.

I remeber being on this site in the days coming up to our drafting him. Guys wanted KWII, but the majority of us wanted Sean. I wonder if we saw the greatness in this player from back then? It's sad to see a man die for no reason. A man that had so much potential, a man that had accomplished so much in life, a man who was truly becoming a man.

Sean Taylor, we will miss you. We will miss you because you were great, as a man and as a player. We as Redskins fans, your extended family, know that you are in a better place. May God Bless you, your family and your brothers on the team.

RIP Big Bro

MTK 11-27-2007 09:10 AM

Thanks for the memories ST. You will be missed.

jaheem 11-27-2007 09:12 AM

I remember all the great plays that Sean Taylor made...the interceptions..the fumbles...the hits...but my favorite play.....was one that many people may not think about....this preseason in the scrimmage against the Ravens....Sean had a clean lane to Steve McNair...if he had hit him with the force that we all know he was capable of he would have ended McNair's career right there....he didn't.....though he made the tackle....he didn't destroy him like he could have....this showed to me the new level of maturity that Sean had reached.....someone who had finally understood and learned to control his ferocity....thank you Sean for these years...and you will live on many more in the hearts of Redskins fans

SouperMeister 11-27-2007 09:20 AM

[quote=BigSKINBauer;384016]Sean Talor really is the nicest person you could have met. I thank him for keeping us entertained but the fact that he spoke to me longer than any other redskin also says a lot.

I remember the day i met him. It was just a year and a half ago but i have grown up so much since. I was so excited to meet him. This is what I wrote on here after meeting him

Quote:
Sean BTW is the nicest guy in the world. He hasn't signed in the past but i really don't care much for autographs. He wants to talk to the fans and that is the cool thing. He was especially nice to the girls we brought along. They just gave him a hand shake and he made them do it again by inter locking the thumbs then pulling back and interlocking the fingers, if you know what I am talking about. He looked at another girls pink jersey and said in a girls voice, 'i like pink' and started to laugh. I talked shit about TO and he kept quiet but smiled. After we waited for a bit and he went to the parking lot. When we were walking back, my friend and his girlfriend went over to say bye one more time. At that time, sean, according to my friend, leaned back and "checked [his] girlfriend's ass out" when they were walking away. This made him very, very happy and he(and she) felt it gave him some bragging rights.

I yelled to taylor, that i would see him at camp. Normally the players would just wave or something. He actually walked towards me and said that he was looking forward to it and that it would be 'hot'. He told me that I should definately come and that he is going to work hard. I left but came back minutes later to get a picture. Taylor spoke with me for a few minutes which was very surprising. He asked about where I was going next year and about my major. I told him business and he said what kind and i told him i wasn't too sure. He started to talk about how you don't work towards your major till your junior year and what not. I told him to have a good year but he went right back to the college stuff telling me i needed a good first year. Just saying he is a good guy and it is just so wierd that he could pull a gun on someone. Not many people want to joke and talk with random fans.
Now honestly, he was the nicest redskin i've ever met. Looking back on that i can't believe that he took the time out of his day to talk to me and my friends. He was talking and taking pictures with everyone. Great guy. I can't believe that he is gone. I'll never forget the first thing he said to us. Talking to my friend with a pink jersey, "I like pink". He said that in a girly voice and started just laughing like an old man. The hand shake thing was really funny and i didn't describe it well up there. My friends gave him a week girly hand shake and he made them do it again and again until they got it right.

I would have NEVER expected that he would even come up to us let alone give us the time of day. Clinton portis was there and didn't talk to us at all. He was on his phone off to the side texting some people.

[B]MOst importantly, he talked to me about me. He took an interest in me, 100 times more than any other redskin ever has. He didn't want to talk about football. He wanted to talk about my first year of college that was coming up in 3 months.[/B]

THat is by far my most rememberable moment of sean taylor and it is among my favorite moments as a redskin fan. I can't believe that he is gone. RIP and thank you.[/quote]Thanks for sharing a personal moment Bauer. Taylor was intensely private with the press, so most of us never got to see this side of the man. The more you hear about his personable side, the more you see that his persona perpetuated by the press was 180 degrees off base. Just seeing Gregg Williams almost lose it yesterday shows how much he was loved by his team.

12thMan 11-27-2007 09:25 AM

I remember Taylor's game against the Arizona Cardinals couple a few years ago. He was still wearing #36. He almost single handedly beat the Cards. He had a flying interception. And then there was J.J. Arrington- he'll never forget Taylor. If someone has the Youtube video, bring it up. But Arrington had a nice lane, and Taylor came barreling in his direction and Arrington ducked and fell to the ground before Taylor could lay the wood on him. Taylor has his heart the entire game.

skinsguy 11-27-2007 09:29 AM

We will never forget you Sean Taylor, quarterback killer #21. You were a true Redskin in the hearts of all Redskins fans. You were taken away from us much too soon. I will continue to remember your family in prayer. Thank you for the memories.

RIP Sean Taylor - Safety Washington Redskins

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 11-27-2007 09:33 AM

R.I.P. Sean Taylor. May God bless your soul. Thank you for all the memories.

WillH 11-27-2007 09:33 AM

I loved you Sean. Noone here will ever forget you. Thankyou for all the memories.

Cormanicus 11-27-2007 09:35 AM

Hey guys, I've been a long time admirer of this site. I've been a Skins fan for 25+ years now. And I'm just totally floored by this news. This is tragic on so many levels that it's to difficult to describe. He was no doubt the best saftey in the NFL, I remember when Greg Williams said that he could possibly be the best to ever play the position. R.I.P Sean, Your family, friends, and fans will miss you dearly.

Oakland Red 11-27-2007 09:39 AM

God bless you, Sean. We all love you. Thank you for being the special and good man that you are, and we will always remember you. Though you leave us in this life, life is not over for you. Our lives are everlasting, only changing in shape. For myself, I believe you will be with us again in another incarnation someday, perhaps soon. You have inspired us all with your spirit and your growth. Godspeed, and thank you for inspiring us with a life well lived.

SouperMeister 11-27-2007 09:43 AM

[quote=12thMan;384038]I remember Taylor's game against the Arizona Cardinals couple a few years ago. He was still wearing #36. He almost single handedly beat the Cards. He had a flying interception. And then there was J.J. Arrington- he'll never forget Taylor. If someone has the Youtube video, bring it up. But Arrington had a nice lane, and Taylor came barreling in his direction and Arrington ducked and fell to the ground before Taylor could lay the wood on him. Taylor has his heart the entire game.[/quote]That was a 4th down play on Arizona's last chance drive. Arrington was too afraid to meet Taylor head on to try to get the game saving first down. Not that it matters, but Taylor was wearing #21 by then.

ArtMonkDrillz 11-27-2007 09:55 AM

I remember a game against the vikings a few years back where Sean had one of his signature hits; I think it was the game that Randy Moss left the field early and everyone made a big deal out of it.
I wish i could remember who the viking's running back at the time was, but I know he was a big bruiser type (maybe Moe Williams or Onterio Smith) and Taylor just laid him out. I remember he stopped the guy on the goal line and the announcer went nuts saying that although Redskin's fans migth not realize it the running back that Taylor man-handled was known for being able to run over just about anyone.
I don't know if anyone else remembers this, if they do they might want to clarify it a bit better than I did, but it was just another example of how great ST could be.
I'm seriously going to miss the man.

dragontat7169 11-27-2007 10:02 AM

I haven't posted here in quite a while because of my lack of enthusiam for the Skins because of coaching and players. It has seemed as if they have been lacking something over the last couple years. Now they have lost one person, who in my opinion, has actually been holding this team together. But more importantly, his family has lost his love, his support, his guidance and so much more. While I feel bad for the Skins, I feel horrible for his family. I am not a religous person, but I do believe that God for some unknown reason to us all as decided it was his time. I do hope that God also helps the authorities find the individual who did this. While Sean was not a perfect person (but who really is), he did not deserve this..nor did his family.

To his family, I am really sorry for your loss. I know that this is a difficult time for you and remember that there are probably a million Skins fans here for you and hoping the best for you not to mention the millions of other NFL fans and just ordinary people who looked up to and admired Sean.

May you Rest in Peace Sean!