Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lavar's speech (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21206)

SFREDSKIN 12-03-2007 09:11 PM

Lavar's speech

I heard that he said some things that made it sound like he was regretting burning his bridges with the Skins. Anyone know what he said? Could he be trying to redeem himself and try a comeback with the Skins?

skinsguy 12-03-2007 09:14 PM

Re: Lavar's speech

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;388449]I heard that he said some things that made it sound like he was regretting burning his bridges with the Skins. Anyone know what he said? Could he be trying to redeem himself and try a comeback with the Skins?[/QUOTE]

His knee is shot. There's no way he'll ever come back to football. If he does, he'll wind up in a wheelchair. If he was the Lavar of old, I'd be all for it!

rypper11 12-03-2007 09:20 PM

I think it was just looking back on his mistakes in general. It's the old adage of "youth being wasted on the young."
BTW Looking at him today during the funeral I'd think that he might be able to spot play end. Dude is looking thicker than before and lower body strength and speed isn't as necessary for an end as it is for a LB.

Riggo44 12-03-2007 09:23 PM

I thought Lavar gave a great speech. It brought a tear to my eye. He was a great Redskin during his time here. I for one would welcome him back with open arms. I still like the guy.

21InOurHearts 12-03-2007 09:45 PM

Is there any way that Lavar could come back for league minimum specifically for special teams? Or is his knee just flat out done? He and Champ Bailey basically gave us reasons to watch for a couple years, Redskins fans should never forget that.

ncskinsfanec 12-03-2007 09:47 PM

I have never been a Lavar Arrington fan, but his speech was really touching today.

jgalecpa 12-03-2007 09:53 PM

Basically, in the past, when he went from one thing to another (like leaving the skins, I inferred), he wouldn't look back, wouldn't day goodbye.
[INDENT]But he realized that you need to not leave things unsaid.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]You need to say good bye.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]You need to tell the people that mean a lot to you that you love them.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]You never know when you won't get the chance.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]You will regret that for the rest of your life.[/INDENT]It was touching and could've have been written by Keats, or Yeats, but it was right out of LaVar's heart.

Well done. young man. Well Done.

J-Dawg.

GMScud 12-03-2007 10:05 PM

His speech was one of the few parts of the funeral I saw. I was touched. He said, "when Sean came to the Redskins I kind of thought I was his guardian angel." Then he teared up and said, "turns out, Sean is my guardian angel." Wow. Great speech LaVar.

As far as him playing again, his knee was shot before the Giants signed him, then he ruptured his achilles, and then he REALLY messed his leg up in that motorcycle accident. He's done as far as playing is concerned. He made tens of millions in the NFL and is a smart, well spoken guy. If I was LaVar I'd chill with my NFL riches and work as an analyst and broadcaster. He can still be around the game.

SkinsLove24/7 12-03-2007 10:53 PM

He poured his heart out and it brought a tear to my eye. He was kind of in that same image as Taylor as being a true Redskins and a flat out baller. Hearing him talking, I missed him being in a Skins uniform. This whole process has really brought back some memories and brought a lot of people closer.

SFREDSKIN 12-03-2007 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=SkinsLove24/7;388489] This whole process has really brought back some memories and brought a lot of people closer.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! This tragedy has made this franchise a family, this is why is so important for Gibbs to return. Once the pain and grieving passes, this team can do some especial things when healthy next year. They can come inspired and motivated with a lot to prove.

dmek25 12-03-2007 11:09 PM

i really think after hearing that speech that lavar wished he had stayed a redskin. don't know if im reading into it or not

Sammy Baugh Fan 12-03-2007 11:11 PM

I liked what Levar had to say.

Tell friends/family how much they mean to you.

I took a whack and didn't die [only good die young] so live life living for today and telling folks what they mean to mean.

Jackie's sister said some of the best stuff. wow

RIP ST #21
mike

GMScud 12-03-2007 11:19 PM

On a side note, anyone watching the MNF game??? The Ravens are looking great. I can't believe this. Ray, Willis, and Ed Reed all having big games. They dedicated their effort tonight to Sean. It would be amazing if they ended the Pats streak in memory of #21.

SFREDSKIN 12-03-2007 11:25 PM

[QUOTE=GMScud;388496]On a side note, anyone watching the MNF game??? The Ravens are looking great. I can't believe this. Ray, Willis, and Ed Reed all having big games. They dedicated their effort tonight to Sean. It would be amazing if they ended the Pats streak in memory of #21.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been thinking but did not want to post till it's over.

SkinDogg 12-03-2007 11:38 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;388493]i really think after hearing that speech that lavar wished he had stayed a redskin. don't know if im reading into it or not[/QUOTE]

I read the same thing -- so touching.