Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Draft Day Thoughts (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21365)

Campbell17 12-11-2007 10:32 AM

Draft Day Thoughts

Well, the draft day is months away, and if we drop one more game, we can start to really discuss who we pick. Being a total pessimist, I am going to start thinking about the draft. My thoughts are begining with picking a player in a certain position. Likely a replacement for #21 ST, but we have laron, so we have a little room to breathe. Other than a safety, where are we gonna look to improve. With Lloyd, McCardell, and maybe randle el leaving, we could look to improve with wr. Thoughts?

EARTHQUAKE2689 12-11-2007 10:33 AM

Re: Draft Day Thoughts

too early wait until we are eliminated from the playoffs.

MTK 12-11-2007 10:40 AM

Yeah let's wait until we should officially be discussing next year. Our draft forum will open then. Until then we have 3 games to win.

SFREDSKIN 12-11-2007 11:41 AM

Well, we need the following in order.

DE (most important)
WR "a big receiver" (second most important)
OL or DB
S

skins268 12-11-2007 01:47 PM

all this negativity is hurting my head lol,we have a chance at the playoffs!!

Bozzy 12-11-2007 01:53 PM

All we need is an offensive line. Build that up. It'll make every player on the team better.

Bozzy 12-11-2007 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;391969]Well, we need the following in order.

DE (most important)
WR "a big receiver" (second most important)
OL or DB
S[/QUOTE]

How can you put WR ahead of OL? We have receivers but our QBs do not have much time to get them the ball. We need to build up the offensive line.

SFREDSKIN 12-11-2007 02:05 PM

[QUOTE=Bozzy;392030]How can you put WR ahead of OL? We have receivers but our QBs do not have much time to get them the ball. We need to build up the offensive line.[/QUOTE]

Because Jansen and Thomas will be back healthy next year, we have Stephon Heyer who's just gonna get better, Pucillo is decent. I say a 3rd and or 4th round pick for a guard is pretty good. Look at Russ Grimm he was a 3rd round pick, Tre Johnson a 2nd round, etc. You can find value at the C and G position within those rounds.

Beemnseven 12-11-2007 02:23 PM

There are only three areas where we are fine -- QB, RB, and LB.

Apart from that, we can use help just about anywhere.

BleedBurgundy 12-11-2007 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=Beemnseven;392051]There are only three areas where we are fine -- QB, RB, and LB.

Apart from that, we can use help just about anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I'd take a mid round running back. CP looked like he had maybe 1-2 yrs left at best this year. Hope I'm wrong.

Beemnseven 12-11-2007 02:36 PM

I figure we could make it one more year with Portis and Betts as long as we have a healthy O-line. Maybe find a Kenny Watson-type guy through undrafted free agency.

I just think Secondary, O-line, wide receiver, and defensive end is a far greater need right now.

BleedBurgundy 12-11-2007 02:39 PM

One more year is def. possible, but if there's someone there that the staff feels strongly about, we'd be wise to pick him up. I'm on record as saying first round pick should be d line and second should be right tackle. Wide receiver- eh... we'll see. DB we might, MIGHT be able to swing in free agency through the miracle of our capologist.

BleedBurgundy 12-11-2007 02:39 PM

Oh, and I totally ganked your inspiration for a signature.

BringBackJoeT 12-11-2007 03:03 PM

Here's Yahoo Sports projection for our decision. [url=http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=749667]Rivals.com College Football - Early look: NFL Mock Draft[/url]

mheisig 12-11-2007 03:16 PM

Somewhere, right about now, jsarno's head is exploding over the sheer pessimism of this thread.