Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nice Game Skins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21437)

Giantone 12-17-2007 05:46 AM

Nice Game Skins

Wanna bet I don't see any "Joe Gibbs" needs to retire threads Today!
I won't throw this on Eli ........Coughlin does'nt have this team ready.......Gibbs did a great job.We got:spank:!

BleedBurgundy 12-17-2007 06:43 AM

Re: Nice Game Skins

Giants fans > Eagles Fans

Nice Post! Unless Eli can somehow make the football adhere to the hands of his receivers, there's no way that is his fault...

Giantone 12-17-2007 10:25 AM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;393864]Giants fans > Eagles Fans

Nice Post! Unless Eli can somehow make the football adhere to the hands of his receivers, there's no way that is his fault...[/quote]

Madden said it best ,"just becuase you make the playoffs does'nt mean your a playoff team".I blame Coughlin .

MTK 12-17-2007 10:36 AM

Not sure if Giants fans feel the same way, but my main gripe with Coughlin is the way he's constantly pouting and swearing up a storm on the sidelines. It seemed like anytime something didn't go the Giants way last night, they would cut to Coughlin dropping F bombs left and right.

I think behavior like that trickles down to your team. When your coach can't even hold it together, it's a good indicator that when times are tough the players will probably fold too.

Giantone 12-17-2007 10:42 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;393991]Not sure if Giants fans feel the same way, but my main gripe with Coughlin is the way he's constantly pouting and swearing up a storm on the sidelines. It seemed like anytime something didn't go the Giants way last night, they would cut to Coughlin dropping F bombs left and right.

I think behavior like that trickles down to your team. When your coach can't even hold it together, it's a good indicator that when times are tough the players will probably fold too.[/quote]

I would like to see Jason Garrett ,Jon Fox,Bill Cowher.

Monkeydad 12-17-2007 12:02 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;393991]Not sure if Giants fans feel the same way, but my main gripe with Coughlin is the way he's constantly pouting and swearing up a storm on the sidelines. It seemed like anytime something didn't go the Giants way last night, they would cut to Coughlin dropping F bombs left and right.

I think behavior like that trickles down to your team. When your coach can't even hold it together, it's a good indicator that when times are tough the players will probably fold too.[/quote]

Plus, he makes ingenious decisions like burning all 3 timeouts with 5+ minutes left on the clock. :D

BDBohnzie 12-17-2007 12:06 PM

Can't blame Eli for the combination of wind and drops. The Skins put pressure on him as well all night.

Coughlin is a quality ball coach, as the Giants are 9-3 in their last 12. But he tends to break under pressure. Hence why he was ousted in Jacksonville, and will soon be ousted in New York (especially if they somehow don't make the playoffs).

SC Skins Fan 12-17-2007 12:10 PM

My wife suggested that you could make a drinking game out of it by drinking every time Coughlin dropped an f-bomb. In that game you'd be f-ed up big time by the 4th quarter, Coughlin is crazy with the language.

Redskin#46 12-17-2007 02:02 PM

Coughlin just acts all negative during the entire game. Even if their up by 21 or something he is just cussing out the refs and shaking his head alot. This rubs on his team. You can see it with Eli Manning and his body language. The Giants never seem to be having fun. Look at Romo or Favre their having the time of their lives and producing wins. I really dont think New York will go deep this year because they just can't have fun.

redsk1 12-17-2007 02:10 PM

[quote=Giantone;393996]I would like to see Jason Garrett ,Jon Fox,Bill Cowher.[/quote]

I'm just not sold on Jason Garrett yet. I'm mean he's done great things w/ Dallas, but he's only been an OC for 1 year (correct me if i'm wrong).

In addition, it's a little easier to have a great offense when you have Romo, Witten, TO and a talented o line. I really like their offense but lets face it, its a little more difficult when you don't have a top 5 NFL qb and less talent (i'm speaking in general not directly about the gmen).

In NY, i do think they have top 10 talent on offense, so hecould do some good things w/ NY as an o-coord. The question is what he would do as a leader.

Giantone 12-17-2007 06:47 PM

[quote=SC Skins Fan;394065]My wife suggested that you could make a drinking game out of it by drinking every time Coughlin dropped an f-bomb. In that game you'd be f-ed up big time by the 4th quarter, Coughlin is crazy with the language.[/quote]

Tell your wife not to stand anywhere near the O line coach of the Skins then if she gets that upset.

skinsguy 12-17-2007 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=Giantone;393863]Wanna bet I don't see any "Joe Gibbs" needs to retire threads Today!
I won't throw this on Eli ........Coughlin does'nt have this team ready.......Gibbs did a great job.We got:spank:![/QUOTE]

Gibbs normally has his teams ready to play, especially in December when it's all or nothing. Eli is an average QB at best, but it's hard for him to improve when his receivers are dropping balls left and right.

Anyways, this could get really interesting heading into the final game of the season.

SmootSmack 12-17-2007 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;393991]Not sure if Giants fans feel the same way, but my main gripe with Coughlin is the way he's constantly pouting and swearing up a storm on the sidelines. It seemed like anytime something didn't go the Giants way last night, they would cut to Coughlin dropping F bombs left and right.

I think behavior like that trickles down to your team. When your coach can't even hold it together, it's a good indicator that when times are tough the players will probably fold too.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But then you have people who say that just means he's passionate. And if only Gibbs was as emotional and passionate. There's something to be said for acting like a composed adult under durress though.

Giantone 12-18-2007 03:33 AM

[quote=skinsguy;394292]Gibbs normally has his teams ready to play, especially in December when it's all or nothing. Eli is an average QB at best, but it's hard for him to improve when his receivers are dropping balls left and right.

Anyways, this could get really interesting heading into the final game of the season.[/quote]

Then explain to me all the threads here about the game passing "Joe" by when the Skins lose?

TheMalcolmConnection 12-18-2007 08:59 AM

[quote=Giantone;394422]Then explain to me all the threads here about the game passing "Joe" by when the Skins lose?[/quote]

As a Giants fan, how do you feel about how they "boo" when ANYTHING goes wrong? I don't watch a lot of their games because I don't hate them like the Cowboys and Eagles.

As a Redskins fan, I'd be embarrassed to be there when my nine win team was getting booed off the field at halftime. Just par for the course or was that a random game?