Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Benazir Bhutto Assassinated (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21625)

saden1 12-27-2007 01:35 PM

Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

The Pakistani opposition leader was callously assassinated today ([URL="http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20071227/450_ap_pakistan2_071227.jpg"]graphic image of the aftermath[/URL]).

12thMan 12-27-2007 01:55 PM

Re: Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

Very sad indeed. I wonder if Musharraf had a hand in this?

saden1 12-27-2007 01:59 PM

[quote=12thMan;397879]Very sad indeed. I wonder if Musharraf had a hand in this?[/quote]

He's playing the "This is a National Tragedy Card" and I doubt we'll ever find out.

BleedBurgundy 12-27-2007 02:04 PM

What a shame. This world is a fucked up place. What makes you a) kill someone you don't know for believing differently than you do and b) willing to blow yourself up?

12thMan 12-27-2007 02:05 PM

I'm hearing that Al Queda may have played a role.

BleedBurgundy 12-27-2007 02:09 PM

That wouldn't necessarily be a big surprise... I wonder what the effects of this are going to be...

saden1 12-27-2007 02:13 PM

[quote=12thMan;397885]I'm hearing that Al Queda may have played a role.[/quote]

You can blame everything on Al Queda these days. The real question you have to ask is what vested interest do they have in killing Bhutto and are they the primary suspects?

MTK 12-27-2007 02:15 PM

An ugly situation bound to get worse.

12thMan 12-27-2007 02:17 PM

[quote=saden1;397888]You can blame everything on Al Queda these days. The real question you have to ask is what vested interest do they have in killing Bhutto and are they the primary suspects?[/quote]

I would say they are the primary suspects, but who knows what they're motive really is.

But it definitely brings more instability to that region.

Monksdown 12-27-2007 02:20 PM

Didnt we just allot funds to Pakistan to help secure their borders more effectively? ( i f'ing hate alot of our foreign policy btw)

If i heard the report correctly, then i don't think it's a stretch to assume that played a motivating role in his murder.

Maybe the deal is we take out the competition, or provide the intel and support to execute. And we give a big check, and they help us crack down on border security.

Just ignorantly speculating.

BleedBurgundy 12-27-2007 02:26 PM

I don't think that the individuals currently in charge of our foreign policy have anywhere near the skills to manipulate ANY world events through means other than blatant military aggression. I have a hard time believing that anyone other than some radical group is responsible for this. Al Qaeda, or whoever else, it really doesn't matter. Someone was killed for their ideas today and that's a horrible thing.

12thMan 12-27-2007 02:38 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;397899]I don't think that the individuals currently in charge of our foreign policy have anywhere near the skills to manipulate ANY world events through means other than blatant military aggression. I have a hard time believing that anyone other than some radical group is responsible for this. Al Qaeda, or whoever else, it really doesn't matter. Someone was killed for their ideas today and that's a horrible thing.[/quote]

Yeah, I get the feeling it was a small radical group. I still think they are ,perhaps, loosely affiliated with Musharraf and/or Al Queda. But still, this will reverberate here in the U.S. as candidates are ramping up for the primaries in the next week or so.

Monksdown 12-27-2007 02:40 PM

You are correct about who is likely responsible, ie a fringe group. And i agree with you wholeheartedly about the trajedy of losing another life to an idea. It does go to show you however the power behind an idea. We've built our civilization on ideas. And im sure ive seen more than one movie preaching that a great idea is greater than a single great human life.

And i hesitate to point this out, but i enjoy being the devil's advocate. Our moronic figurehead's top advisor(daddy) ran the the CIA for a few years, and may have a more devious personality than the idiot. Not likely, but don't forget.

dmek25 12-27-2007 03:59 PM

[quote=saden1;397888][B]You can blame everything on Al Queda these[/B] [B]days[/B]. The real question you have to ask is what vested interest do they have in killing Bhutto and are they the primary suspects?[/quote]
im sure this administration will tie the two together. just more reasoning to keep our boys in the middle east. i cant believe the American public hasn't put its collective foot down and called for an end to this craziness

12thMan 12-27-2007 04:27 PM

[quote=dmek25;397929]im sure this administration will tie the two together. just more reasoning to keep our boys in the middle east. i cant believe the American public hasn't put its collective foot down and called for an end to this craziness[/quote]

the public has put their foot down, congress(dems) keeps allowing the funding to pass through.