Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFC Playoff Predictions (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21688)

EternalEnigma21 12-30-2007 10:43 PM

NFC Playoff Predictions

Just wondering how we think the NFC playoff picture, particularly the Redskins, will play out...

Here's how I see it:

Week 1, Wild Card Round:

Skins 27 Sehawks 17

Giants 21 Tampa 19

Week 2 Divisional Round:

Skins 24 Cowboys 21

Packers 31 Giants 16

Week 3 Conference Championship:

Skins 21 Packers 18

I really don't see any team beating us the way we're playing right now, and I'm being generous with their points because we're playing on the road...

I think we're superbowl bound! What do you think?

SouperMeister 12-30-2007 10:55 PM

Re: NFC Playoff Predictions

No team in the NFC should strike fear in the Skins. We should have beaten GB at Lambeau and Dallas earlier in the year. We gave the first Giants game away. We gave the TB game away with turnovers. It's a tough winning 3 straight on the road, but the Skins match up well with every team in the NFC post-season. In 2005, we knew that injured Mark Brunell was a liability in the post-season. With the hot hand Todd Collins is playing with, who knows how far we can go. Getting to the Super Bowl would not shock me at this point.

Gmanc711 12-30-2007 11:03 PM

Well, I am alot more encouraged after seeing how we played Dallas today. I'm sure they didnt have some great gameplan coming in, but we pretty much dominated their starters from start to finish. Obviously they were without a few key guys as well....I love our chances vs Seattle, and think we can win there...than the next week will be huge if we can make it there. It will be much much closer obviously, but theres no team in the NFC that I dont think we CAN beat....obviously that doesnt mean we will beat anyone, but theres not a team that I'm like "Damn, were screwed"....

At this point, its all icing on the cake at this point. Just an incredible season.

pg86 12-30-2007 11:08 PM

I dunno if we can make it past the wild card...and if we do I really aint so sure about playing against dallas or if by some miracle we make it to the championship round...

however in any case you have to applaud how this team has come through! My question is...what would the skins do if they made it to the big one...??

dgack 12-30-2007 11:16 PM

Odds are not with us on advancing to the big dance from the #6 wildcard seed, but OTOH I don't ever remember an NFC title picture quite as shaky as this one. As Soup says, there isn't a team in the hunt that we haven't either already beaten once this season or had the lead on and just squandered in the second half.

And it certainly does seem like we're peaking at exactly the right time: hot QB, healthy WR and RB again, O-Line is playing (reasonably) well, defense is playing inspired ball and role players and new guys are really stepping up. We've developed a killer instinct, and the team certainly has that "team of destiny" vibe going for them, as so many of Joe's earlier championship squads had.

I always said if the Skins make it to the Super Bowl again in my lifetime I was going to take out some money and go, no matter what the cost, because who knows when it'll happen again, and seeing Joe coach a SB team before he retires or passes on is kind of like having the chance to see the Beatles or Pink Floyd one last time before they broke up ;)

Of course with the way the Pats shellacked us this year, assuming they are gimme's for the SB, I'm not sure it would be worth the cost to go...

sancho2613 12-30-2007 11:44 PM

I think the skins are playing extremely well and i believe they'll put up a fight with any team in the NFC but i honestly don't think they'll be able to beat Green Bay, I think they can beat the cowboys again in the playoffs but i really don't see them beating the packers. I'm not just saying it as a packer fan but the packers are hot with the passing, rushing, and defense playing like crazy right now. That's just my opinion but either way it's gonna be a hell of a game no materr who the skins play because they are a good football team right now.... (They're gona have to go to the Frozen Tundra if they want to make it to the big one)

dgack 12-30-2007 11:49 PM

You've got a good-looking squad up there, Sancho, and I think it's awesome that Brett is having such a storybook year this season. That said, didn't you guys just get rolled last week by the Bears? It was a long time ago, but we were "that close" to sealing the deal against the Pack as well, so all I can say is... Any Given Sunday.

Still, if there's a team in the NFC I'd rather lose to, it'd be the Pack.

EternalEnigma21 12-30-2007 11:51 PM

[quote=sancho2613;399396]I think the skins are playing extremely well and i believe they'll put up a fight with any team in the NFC but i honestly don't think they'll be able to beat Green Bay, I think they can beat the cowboys again in the playoffs but i really don't see them beating the packers. I'm not just saying it as a packer fan but the packers are hot with the passing, rushing, and defense playing like crazy right now. That's just my opinion but either way it's gonna be a hell of a game no materr who the skins play because they are a good football team right now.... (They're gona have to go to the Frozen Tundra if they want to make it to the big one)[/quote]

I def. think it will be a good game. We beat ourselves at your house in horrible conditions last time, and I don't think we'll do that again... Our guys are playing out of their minds right now across the board. What we did to Dallas's starters today was nothing short of outstanding, and this team has completely convinced me it can go all the way. It looks like we've learned how to close out games.... look out NFL.

heybigstar 12-30-2007 11:52 PM

[quote=sancho2613;399396]I think the skins are playing extremely well and i believe they'll put up a fight with any team in the NFC but i honestly don't think they'll be able to beat Green Bay, I think they can beat the cowboys again in the playoffs but i really don't see them beating the packers. I'm not just saying it as a packer fan but the packers are hot with the passing, rushing, and defense playing like crazy right now. That's just my opinion but either way it's gonna be a hell of a game no materr who the skins play because they are a good football team right now.... (They're gona have to go to the Frozen Tundra if they want to make it to the big one)[/quote]

You know -- thats my prediction too. You do not sound like a homer in the least bit for GB -- Portis predicted NFC Championship game preseason, and i think we will make it there and lose. Green Bay does have it going on all cylinders and its in GB...

atomicnixon 12-31-2007 12:03 AM

I think we are definitely a stronger team this year (we're way more balanced) than we were in 2005. It is SOOOOO exciting to think how far this team can go. We could beat Dallas again, no problem.

hurrykaine 12-31-2007 12:10 AM

IMO - Here's the reason we're dangerous in the playoffs - we have an accurate QB that's extremely comfortable in the complex offensive system we run. Single biggest difference vs previous years.

Of course, it helps that CP and Moss are healthier. O-line is playing better, D-line is f...g stellar right now. Springs is money!

EternalEnigma21 12-31-2007 12:23 AM

[quote=hurrykaine;399422]IMO - Here's the reason we're dangerous in the playoffs - we have an accurate QB that's extremely comfortable in the complex offensive system we run. Single biggest difference vs previous years.

Of course, it helps that CP and Moss are healthier. O-line is playing better, D-line is f...g stellar right now. Springs is money![/quote]

Yup... i've been amazed at Shawn Springs the last few weeks. He looks like a spring chicken... he's flying around all over the place pickin off balls, stopping people short of the first... I don't remember who he hit to knock the ball loose but i had to make sure it was him and not a safety at one point.

bigSkinsfan61 12-31-2007 12:39 PM

this win against the cowturds is just a late christmas present. All i really wanted for was a Playoff berth...And i Got It!!!!! lets not talk too much smack about seattle and go in there and get a solid game all around and see how it feels after that.....Optimism

Ocliw 12-31-2007 01:07 PM

If we do get to the packers and especially if we get an early lead,farve will damn sure be good for a couple of picks.

GusFrerotte 12-31-2007 01:13 PM

We get to the NFC Title Game against the Pack, but after that just have to watch. It will be in Lambeau, no biggie for us, but the Pack will be ready. Right now the Pack and the Skins are the best of the NFC. Dallas is on a downhill slide at the wrong time. We wasted Romo and the Dallas running game in the first half. Don't see why we can't do it again in a couple weeks.