Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   What have Skins Fans been doing different? (Warning Superstitious Content) (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/21699-what-have-skins-fans-been-doing.html)

KLHJ2 12-31-2007 02:37 AM

What have Skins Fans been doing different? (Warning Superstitious Content)

I normally do not believe in superstition or any of that other nonsense, but irony has struck in the head over the passed 4 weeks.

I went to 2 games back to back this season against the Bills and the Bears. At the Bills game I wore my Redskins Hoodie that I had been wearing since it got cold outside. Ironically, it was around the same time that we started a 4 game slide. Because I didn't want to wear the same thing to a game that I had wore the previous week, I did not wear my hoodie to the Bears game. As everyone knows we beat the Bears. Out of sheer morbid curiosity I decided to not wear the Hoodie the following week against the Giants, and again the Skins won. I accidentally but it on briefly the day we played the Vikes, but ripped it off as soon as I realized what I had done. The Vikes almost made a comeback, but still we won. This past week I left my hoodie laying at the bottom of my dirty laundry pile and we stomped a mud hole in Dallas. I am never wearing that damn hoodie again. I do not normally believe in superstition, but I think that there may be something to this.

My question for you guys is "What have you been doing different during this 4 game winning streak?"

gibbsisgod 12-31-2007 05:33 AM

Re: What have Skins Fans been doing different? (Warning Superstitious Content)

The only thing I have done differently is listen to the entire pregame on the radio. It started on the Thursday night game. I was stuck in traffic so I was able to hear the whole thing. That was the last game I attended so i was sure not to mess it up and have been lstening ever since.

I was almost anal about it yesterday. I had it on surround sound in my living room, on a small clock radio in the basement, and on a small radio I keep in my garage so I was sure not to miss anything.

Daseal 12-31-2007 10:36 AM

Haven't lost since I wore my ST jersey. The first week after his death, I accidentally grabbed MWash, not ST.

Redskins_P 12-31-2007 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal;399587]Haven't lost since I wore my ST jersey. The first week after his death, I accidentally grabbed MWash, not ST.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm not taking off my ST jersey for the rest of the season.

jamf 12-31-2007 11:33 AM

I shaved my balls...

DynamiteRave 12-31-2007 02:16 PM

I've had my best friend watch the past 4 games with me. Bears + Giants + Vikes + Boys. And ever since she's been watching, we've won!

12thMan 12-31-2007 03:57 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;399742]I've had my best friend watch the past 4 games with me. Bears + Giants + Vikes + Boys. And ever since she's been watching, we've won![/quote]

Rave, I thought I was your best friend?

theBIGC_1982 12-31-2007 03:57 PM

I've been watching in the den, sitting on the same end of the couch. Before, I had been watching some games in the living room.

Yesterday, my son talked me into watching one of his hamsters during the game. Everything was going fine until the damn thing got loose. While we were looking for it, the defense committed those 2 penalties(the Smoot interference series). Once we found it and I got back to my spot, things settled back down. So the hamster is officially banned during Skins games!

DynamiteRave 12-31-2007 04:27 PM

[quote=12thMan;399804]Rave, I thought I was your best friend?[/quote]

You are. :) We'll meet up and have a couple of brews and watch the Skins! :food-smil

Lady Brave 12-31-2007 04:38 PM

[quote=jamf;399624]I shaved my balls...[/quote]
Well, I guess every little bit helps.

12thMan 12-31-2007 04:42 PM

We should get some warpathers together for the Seattle game - ESPN zone?

DynamiteRave 12-31-2007 04:59 PM

[quote=12thMan;399835]We should get some warpathers together for the Seattle game - ESPN zone?[/quote]

That would be awesome if I wasn't working. I'm gonna see if I can BS my way out of work on Saturday though. So maybe it could work. Should start a thread devoted to getting people together.

12thMan 12-31-2007 05:10 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;399845]That would be awesome if I wasn't working. I'm gonna see if I can BS my way out of work on Saturday though. So maybe it could work. Should start a thread devoted to getting people together.[/quote]

I'll do that.

BDBohnzie 01-02-2008 09:24 AM

My 3 month old daughter has a Redskins cheerleader outfit...that she hasn't worn since the Bills game.

They had lost 3 straight while she wore it, so we decided she wouldn't wear it for the Bears game. Then she didn't wear it for the Giants game...and now she won't wear it again. I wanted to burn it as a sacrifice to the Football gods, but my wife decided maybe we could keep it and put it in a shadowbox to hang on the wall...

TheMalcolmConnection 01-02-2008 09:41 AM

[quote=Redskins_P;399622]Same here. I'm not taking off my ST jersey for the rest of the season.[/quote]

Also, same here. My Taylor jersey is 4-0.