Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Exploiting Sean's Death? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21787)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-04-2008 10:47 AM

Redskins Exploiting Sean's Death?

A reporter for The News Tribune (a Washington State paper) wrote an [URL="http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/story/245460.html"]article[/URL] implying that the Redskins are exploiting Sean's death. Nice.

As you will note, the d-bag noted that the Redskins are seeking good luck from a man "who was neither lucky nor charmed." Made my blood boil.

cpayne5 01-04-2008 10:50 AM

Re: Redskins Exploiting Sean's Death?

Here's his contact info for anyone who wants to tell him how you feel...

John McGrath: 253-597-8742, ext. 6154

[email]john.mcgrath@thenewstribune.com[/email]

MTK 01-04-2008 10:54 AM

What a turd.

Let the team and players grieve and honor Taylor in whatever way they see fit.

This happened what, 6 weeks ago? And this d-bag is basically telling the team they should just "move on"?

Who does this guy think he is? What an idiot.

SmootSmack 01-04-2008 10:56 AM

Clare Farnsworth from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer was on First Take this morning to discuss the Seahawks' mentality going into this game, and in his failed attempt to say no one is really giving Seattle a chance said (and I'm very slightly paraphrasing here) "The Seahawks have decided to cancel the game because of Sean Taylor's death...no, but seriously."

F him

BDBohnzie 01-04-2008 10:56 AM

The way I see it, this guy just exploited Sean's death by writing a biased and totally slanted article, so that it would be picked up by the AP and run across the country. Pot, meet Kettle...

12thMan 01-04-2008 10:57 AM

Really. If they want to grieve, talk about it, or do whatever let them do it. I think in all that they are doing, they're simply trying their humanly best to honor a friend and teammate.

I think the bigger message the Redskins are sending is that with Sean or without Sean, this playoff run is because of Sean.

DynamiteRave 01-04-2008 10:57 AM

What a douche. I don't wish ill will on others, but I hope when/if someone close to him dies tragically and when he tries to honor their memory, some cantankerous a-hole like himself, comes around and spits on his spirit. This whole article almost sounds like he's been conspiring with Michael Wilbon. Reminds me of something he would say.

McGrath and Wilbon = Tools.

dblanch66 01-04-2008 10:59 AM

They're scared. They know they are getting ready to go face first into a buzz saw. Screw 'em.

MTK 01-04-2008 11:01 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;401377]Clare Farnsworth from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer was on First Take this morning to discuss the Seahawks' mentality going into this game, and in his failed attempt to say no one is really giving Seattle a chance said (and I'm very slightly paraphrasing here) "The Seahawks have decided to cancel the game because of Sean Taylor's death...no, but seriously."

F him[/quote]

Seattle doesn't have a chance?

Lately it seems all the predictions I'm hearing are in favor of Seattle.

TheMalcolmConnection 01-04-2008 11:02 AM

WHAT a douche. I basically just wrote him an email saying that you're a total asshole and I hope the Redskins pound the shit out of the stupid Seahawks.

"Breaking down his tendencies as we speak." Well great for you asshole.

BleedBurgundy 01-04-2008 11:04 AM

Motivation- check.

jsarno 01-04-2008 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;401375]What a turd.

Let the team and players grieve and honor Taylor in whatever way they see fit.

This happened what, 6 weeks ago? And this d-bag is basically telling the team they should just "move on"?

Who does this guy think he is? What an idiot.[/QUOTE]

This guy was likely never on a team for any extended period of time. It's extremely tough to lose a teammate, especially one that has been around you on the road and the lockerroom for many years like Taylor. This is like losing a spouse since they spent more time with Taylor than they did with thier spouse. Even tougher for guys like Portis and Moss since they played with him in college. Had this guy been someone that regularly played on a traveling team in high school, or even college, he'd know this.

mredskins 01-04-2008 11:10 AM

In the world there is always the 1% who can never go with the flow. Just ignore the article, save yourself the angry. Just like I ignored the punk on XBOX who told me he was going to kill me like Sean Taylor in Halo. My tag name is mredskins.

Bstanley 01-04-2008 11:13 AM

[quote=dblanch66;401384]They're scared. They know they are getting ready to go face first into a buzz saw. Screw 'em.[/quote]

:goodjob: