Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ESPN reports skins have "no chance" (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21790)

chrisl4064 01-04-2008 02:04 PM

ESPN reports skins have "no chance"

Intersting, however i think he should at least put us in the "punchers choice" section we are on a hot streak right now...

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080104&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1]ESPN Page 2 - Simmons: Back to NFL basics[/url]

MTK 01-04-2008 02:08 PM

Re: ESPN reports skins have "no chance"

How many more wins is it going to take for people to believe what Collins is doing is not some sort of fluke?

I'm surprised as all hell too, but I've sucked it up and admitted I was dead wrong on him.

chrisl4064 01-04-2008 02:12 PM

Another thing i thought was interesting was when he said dallas didnt try againsed us, thats total BS they kept Romo in until the 4th. He also said we had an easy schedule down the stretch.... we beat the Vikings who were fighting for a playoff slot, and 2 division rivals, whats easy about that?

Redskins_P 01-04-2008 02:13 PM

Its just Bill Simmons. He's been picking against during this whole 4 game winning streak.

RobH4413 01-04-2008 02:21 PM

He basically bases his entire opinion on the Todd. From the distance, you can't really argue with him there

Look closer, and you'll see that Todd Collins is a system guy in his system. He will beat you because he knows how to. He's not a physical dominator, he's not Michael Vick, but his head is as good as any QB could be for this team right now.

He makes quick reads, and hasn't panicked under pressure. When he feels the pressure, he's made the correct hot read. You can bet that he'll be rushed, but he knows where to put it. Obviously, we'll have to wait and see how he fairs. (Remember... we've faced a pretty nasty NY pass rush.. and handled it quite well)

I think as Campbell learns the system more (this injury may be a blessing in disguise), and has a healthy team around him... he'll be twice the QB TC is right now. Sorry, I went off on a bit of a tangent... but I digress.

As far as this article goes, I think putting Seattle ahead of Washington and NY is just wrong. To each his own, but I really disagree.

MTK 01-04-2008 02:29 PM

In the end who cares. Just another moron to prove wrong.

hail_2_da_skins 01-04-2008 02:34 PM

Bill Simmons is an idiot and obviously have not watched a single Redskin game. The Redskin have gone 4-0 for more reasons than just Todd Collins. Todd Collins has been a big part of the success but Clinton Portis has averaged 100 yards and a touchdown in each game. The defense has played at a tremendous level, holding both the rookie of the year Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor under 100 yards rushing, holding Dallas with pro-bowler Shawn Barber and Julius Jones to 2 yards rushing and winning the turnover battle versus the Giants, Vikings and Cowboys. That was a pretty lame analysis to say the Redskins don't have a chance and only talk about the quarterback. I guess when Trent Dilfer led the Ravens to the Super Bowl he picked against the Ravens because Dilfer is a career backup. Idiot!

GoSkins! 01-04-2008 02:40 PM

Mr ESPN report's record speaks for itself:[B][I]

Last Week: 8-8
Season: 118-129-9[/I][/B]

MTK 01-04-2008 02:41 PM

[quote=GoSkins!;401491]Mr ESPN report's record speaks for itself:

[I][B]Last Week: 8-8[/B][/I]
[I][B]Season: 118-129-9[/B][/I][/quote]

Wow, I'm guessing that's straight up and not against the spread.

That's a god-awful record for picking straight up.

Any moron who knows football should be able to hit on about 60% straight up.

Last week against the spread I think I hit 11 right.

Daseal 01-04-2008 02:42 PM

I notice no one mentions that the Seahawks have beat exactly one team with a winning record all season.

dmek25 01-04-2008 02:43 PM

as much as i love ESPN, its turning into more show then go. for some reason they are leaning towards people that have more style then substance. 20 years ago did we get every-ones opinion on everything? now everyone is an expert. and there's a heck of alot more yelling and arguing going on. how about they clean it up alittle bit, and get back to reporting, not just putting on a show?

MTK 01-04-2008 02:43 PM

[quote=Daseal;401493]I notice no one mentions that the Seahawks have beat exactly one team with a winning record all season.[/quote]

Yeah exactly, or the fact they play in a horrible division and had a cakewalk schedule.

12thMan 01-04-2008 02:49 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;401496]Yeah exactly, or the fact they play in a horrible division and had a cakewalk schedule.[/quote]

The last time they beat a team with a winning record was week five.

BleedBurgundy 01-04-2008 03:00 PM

Only part of that whole article that I liked was Todd Collins = a real life Shane Falco.

mlmpetert 01-04-2008 03:03 PM

His final score is crazy too. Who handicaps a game with a crazy score like 30-15 in the possible pooring rain and extreme wind - a feildgoal bananza with a maybe a saftey or missed point after mixed in?

I didnt know Settle had that good of a home game % with Matt on their side. Thats pretty good.