Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Suisham = Momentum Killer (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21830)

skinsfan69 01-05-2008 10:46 PM

Re: Suisham = Momentum Killer

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;402606]YEP!

Normally I'd like to say, well at least we lost to the guys who won the Superbowl...or at least we lost to the guys who lost to the guys who won the Superbowl...but unfortunately these Seahawks aren't going to get past the next round. I really feel like we've been robbed. I am having a hard time going to bed because I feel like I HAVE BEEN ROBBED, I find myself looking for my wallet over and over....Damn It.[/quote]

Seattle was the better team today and they are a good football team. Especially at home. They earned the right to play a playoff game at home. Josh Brown made his FG's, our kicker did not. Our O-line got pushed around all game long, Seattle gave Hasselback time. Our wr's dropped some passes, Seattle's did not. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the other team.

Chief X_Phackter 01-05-2008 10:47 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;402683]Why are you so insistent on blaming someone?[/quote]

Am I?

I clearly blame the loss on Suisham.

There were opportunities beyond that, but that missed FG really screwed us!

THE TRUTH DETECTOR 01-05-2008 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=BigSKINBauer;402623]cooley dropping the ball on that same series was horrible. He catches that and 75% we get that TD. 21-13./[/QUOTE]

He drops a lot of balls

Chief X_Phackter 01-05-2008 10:51 PM

[quote=jsarno;402687]well he certainly did kill the momentum, no doubt about that. But he did not throw 2 ints, nor did he stop running a route that had a ball coming to him, nor did he get bitched slapped all day on the oline.[/quote]

THANK YOU!!!

No, he didn't throw 2 ints. Hell, if he did, they would have been evened out by the two int's Landry got tonight. RIGHT? LOL

NYCSkin 01-05-2008 10:51 PM

[quote=jsarno;402687]well he certainly did kill the momentum, no doubt about that. But he did not throw 2 ints, nor did he stop running a route that had a ball coming to him, nor did he get bitched slapped all day on the oline.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I think the biggest reason we lost this game was our O line play.

But for me, the game swung, despite our bad O line play, when Suishank missed that kick. A four point lead at that point would have, I think, led to a win for us...

Big C 01-05-2008 10:54 PM

suisham should have nailed the fg yes, but man our offense got the ball on like the 12 and we couldnt get it in, or even get a first down. thats not gonna win u playoff road games period.

Chief X_Phackter 01-05-2008 10:54 PM

[quote=NYCSkin;402703]Don't get me wrong, I think the biggest reason we lost this game was our O line play.

But for me, the game swung, despite our bad O line play, when Suishank missed that kick. A four point lead at that point would have, I think, led to a win for us...[/quote]

thus, the name of the thread.

MTK 01-05-2008 10:58 PM

If we had scored a TD, forget about it game over. But yeah I agree, the missed FG took the wind out of our sails and you could see that the Seahawks knew they just dodged a serious bullet and they went there and took advantage. Great job by them for seizing the moment.

Chief X_Phackter 01-05-2008 11:02 PM

Yep...good for them for siezing the moment.

We should have put them away, but we didn't. PERIOD!

Man, next year is going to be even more brutal...Guarantee it!

cpayne5 01-05-2008 11:07 PM

Suisham is a bit of a paradox. He seems to be great when we don't expect it, while missing the one we believe to be chipshots. He has missed quite a few of these short little dinks (and a PAT, for goodness sakes!) while nailing 40+ yarders in 150mph winds in the Meadowlands and in downpours at FedEx last week.

Who knows, maybe he becomes a consistent, all-pro kicker, but he sure makes me beat my head into walls right now.

SouperMeister 01-05-2008 11:07 PM

[quote=CPAlltheWay012;402601]the SAME THING happened in 2005 when John Hall missed a field goal in the same kinda of situation...

SUCKS but w/e..[/quote]I said the exact same thing the moment he missed. While Suisham made some big kicks, I never fully trusted him. From 30 yards in, you MUST be automatic.

It's too bad it came to that kick anyway - Cooley dropped a very well thrown ball that should have given us 1st and goal at the 3.

jsarno 01-05-2008 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=Chief X_Phackter;402723]Yep...good for them for siezing the moment.

We should have put them away, but we didn't. PERIOD!

Man, next year is going to be even more brutal...Guarantee it![/QUOTE]

Isn't that the story of our season? We had a chance to win almost every game we were in except the pats game. Had we been a team that seized the opportunities given to us, we'd have been 15-1. Oh well.
Seattle outplayed us, and again I tip my hat.

WaldSkins 01-05-2008 11:14 PM

why dont we draft a kicker late, robbie gould drafted to years ago was taking late, and hes been clutch for the bears in a windy city like chicago

SouperMeister 01-05-2008 11:16 PM

[quote=jsarno;402729]Isn't that the story of our season? We had a chance to win almost every game we were in except the pats game. Had we been a team that seized the opportunities given to us, we'd have been 15-1. Oh well.
Seattle outplayed us, and again I tip my hat.[/quote]That has been a huge recurring story for this team before blowing teams away during the 4 game run. How many times did the Skins fail to extend leads and eventually lose? I've been saying all year that we need a bigger WR for red zone passing packages. Perhaps Mix will be that guy someday.

jsarno 01-05-2008 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=WaldSkins;402735]why dont we draft a kicker late, robbie gould drafted to years ago was taking late, and hes been clutch for the bears in a windy city like chicago[/QUOTE]

It's just hard to find a solid college kicker. No matter how we look at it, we'll be taking a chance. Remember when Janikowski was supposed to be the best kicker EVER? He misses more than normal. Point is, good reliable kickers are not that easy to find.