Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Collin's Good Backup nothing more (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21835)

railcon56 01-06-2008 10:08 AM

Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Todd proved there was a reason why he is a career backup.... He has terribly weak arm .... and is the slowest "Turtle Like QB " I have ever seen.... I even saw him throw a few temper tantrums Sunday.... He threw bad passes.... And his lack of mobility made him an easy Target.....Funny how 3 good Games was enough to have many people on this board turn on Campbell... But The Seahawks played Collin's like you should play a slow weak armed QB.... NO WAY HE WILL BE BACK... That was obvious Sunday.... Oh and he waited till the most important game of the year To have turnovers....

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 01-06-2008 10:17 AM

Re: Collin's Good Backup nothing more

Are you serious in your argument? This was not Collins' fault by any means. The OL played like shit. He did not any time at all. Yes Seattle schemed us pretty darn good but we should have the same. Collins is good qb for this offensive system. I like Campbell but he needs more time before he can be the qb that we know he can be. Just Collins start next season and then give the reins to Campbell. Campbell was rushed into game instead of letting Collins start last season. Believe this--Collins will be back-whether as a backup or the starter for the upcoming season.

Schneed10 01-06-2008 10:20 AM

[quote=railcon56;402902]Todd proved there was a reason why he is a career backup.... He has terribly weak arm .... and is the slowest "Turtle Like QB " I have ever seen.... I even saw him throw a few temper tantrums Sunday.... He threw bad passes.... And his lack of mobility made him an easy Target.....Funny how 3 good Games was enough to have many people on this board turn on Campbell... But The Seahawks played Collin's like you should play a slow weak armed QB.... NO WAY HE WILL BE BACK... That was obvious Sunday.... Oh and he waited till the most important game of the year To have turnovers....[/quote]

I think you're absolutely crazy, have no "big-picture" perspective, and are flat out wrong in saying he won't be back.

He'll be back as Campbell's backup. Campbell will still be the starter, as he should. But I'll bet you he comes back.

But man, how can you come down hard on the guy? He hadn't played in 10 years and he leads us to the playoffs with four straight wins, and you show no love? That's harsh. Cambpell's mobility and strong arm are certainly upgrades, but how many backups in the NFL could come in and play like that? We're lucky to have him and would be crazy to let him go.

BrunellMVP? 01-06-2008 10:23 AM

way off base. collins played great...our line just couldn't give him time and our receivers didn't want to catch...

what a grab by coooooooley though...

Ocliw 01-06-2008 10:40 AM

As good as Brady is (dammit) he would have struggled behind our O line last night. The best QB in the world has to have just a little time back there.

chantilly101 01-06-2008 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=railcon56;402902]Todd proved there was a reason why he is a career backup.... He has terribly weak arm .... and is the slowest "Turtle Like QB " I have ever seen.... I even saw him throw a few temper tantrums Sunday.... He threw bad passes.... And his lack of mobility made him an easy Target.....Funny how 3 good Games was enough to have many people on this board turn on Campbell... But The Seahawks played Collin's like you should play a slow weak armed QB.... NO WAY HE WILL BE BACK... That was obvious Sunday.... Oh and he waited till the most important game of the year To have turnovers....[/QUOTE]

we were playing against a SUPER BOWL team!!
this season is the first time he played in 10 years. atleast give him some credit for not sucking. and nobody really turned against campbell. jason was going to start next seson regardless.

Rock31 01-06-2008 11:00 AM

By no objective means was it Collins' fault for the performance yesterday. Simply put, the O-line had nothing for the pass rush. It was more remarkable to me how he bounced back late in the game to throw 2 TDs, one in an extremely accurate spot to Moss. He should be commended for his play, not derided for it.

You've got to push Campbell hard this offseason to learn every aspect of the offense. He doesn't have to perfect it....no one will, not even Collins after years of studying. If Campbell can improve his decision-making, especially in the red zone, that is a much-needed boost. If he can become the next David Garrard, but with more accuracy and deep-ball potential, Jason is automatically a premier QB in the league next season. I thought that 35-yard run by Garrard to set up the game-winning field goal against Pitt was emblematic of what is to come for Jason. Now imagine Jason with a much better grasp of the Saunders' O and the play-making abilities of Garrard. Watch out NFL!

onlydarksets 01-06-2008 11:05 AM

I think what this proved is that Saunders' system can work here, if he is allowed to implement it fully. With JC back there running the [U]full[/U] system, I think good things will happen.

malo12124 01-06-2008 11:12 AM

Not Collins fault in any way, no help from the O-line. Heck Portis didn't even have help. If Todd sucked witch he doesn't we would have found out before yesterday. You don't win at NY, at Min, vs Dallas back to back to back if you suck. I hope he is back next year at least to help Jason along a bit.

Seahawks_Fan 01-06-2008 11:27 AM

I have to say that even though the Redskins lost yesterday, I was impressed with Todd Collins. Do you think he will start for the Redskins next year?

Remember when career journeyman Rich Gannon bounced around the league forever, then late in his career he really blossomed for the Raiders. He was NFL MVP and took the Raiders to the Super Bowl in 2002.

EternalEnigma21 01-06-2008 11:40 AM

Well, I was very disappointed with him letting his frustrations get to him yesterday. He seemed to get miffed very early. I heard all these stories about him keeping things loose, but yesterday he seemed to lose his composure early. That has to have a negative effect on the team around you.

On that note, I always wondered if the coaching staff would've changed their philosophy while Campbell was QB, if we would've seen similar or better results. Everyone assumes Collins played better than Campbell would have, but if you look at Campbells stats,to me it seems like most of his interceptions came at the end of games, when we had already squandered thin leads. I wonder if we hadn't gone conservative with slim leads, and just played the regular game plan, if Campbell wouldn't have been forced to try to lead us back from behind and force throws, if he would actually thrive in this system.

onlydarksets 01-06-2008 11:41 AM

No chance. JC has at, IMO, at least 2 full seasons to prove himself. He's shown nothing but promise this year. I have no clue what Collins will do next season. I have a feeling his strength is in his preparation, so I'm not sure how he'd do on another team.

MTK 01-06-2008 11:51 AM

Dumb thread.

He will be back, and he's a quality backup to have around.

Not much anyone could have done yesterday against that pressure.

SmootSmack 01-06-2008 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=railcon56;402902]Todd proved there was a reason why he is a career backup.... He has terribly weak arm .... and is the slowest "Turtle Like QB " I have ever seen.... I even saw him throw a few temper tantrums Sunday.... He threw bad passes.... And his lack of mobility made him an easy Target.....Funny how 3 good Games was enough to have many people on this board turn on Campbell... But The Seahawks played Collin's like you should play a slow weak armed QB.... NO WAY HE WILL BE BACK... That was obvious Sunday.... Oh and he waited till the most important game of the year To have turnovers....[/QUOTE]

He waited to have turnovers? Like he was trying to sabotage the team? That comment alone makes anything else you're trying to say not worth reading.

wolfeskins 01-06-2008 12:17 PM

todd played well when he had protection and not so well when he didn't. pretty simple really. i'd like to see him as the backup again next season. let brunell go and keep a young kid as the 3rd qb