Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who caught the Joe Gibbs presser today at 5pm? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21875)

skinsfan_nn 01-07-2008 06:05 PM

Who caught the Joe Gibbs presser today at 5pm?

[URL="http://www.redskins.com/"]Washington Redskins[/URL]

Sounds like alot going on at Redskin park.

Joe and Dan need to talk about Joes future, hopefully get it ironed out in the next week or sooner.

The QB situation they really want Todd back, he would not commit as to who would be the starter in 2008.

Check it out.

Thoughts?

Redskins_P 01-07-2008 06:16 PM

Re: Who caught the Joe Gibbs presser today at 5pm?

He also never stated that he was coming back for sure. It almost sounded like he maybe leaning towards retirement, but thats just me.

Southpaw 01-07-2008 06:26 PM

[quote=Redskins_P;403879]He also never stated that he was coming back for sure. It almost sounded like he maybe leaning towards retirement, but thats just me.[/quote]

I got that impression too, and he even got a bit agitated when the press kept pressing the issue.

And I got a bit annoyed when Gibbs skirted the question of the starting quarterback for next season, and proceeded to fellate Todd Collins for 90 seconds...

skinsfan_nn 01-07-2008 06:29 PM

[quote=Redskins_P;403879]He also never stated that he was coming back for sure. It almost sounded like he maybe leaning towards retirement, but thats just me.[/quote]

When he said he hoped to start talking with Dan tonight, I really could get no real feel either way. Very hard to read him on this one.

The reporters tried there best to get him to say he was going to live up to the 5 year deal and they just came up short ( Not a NO but not a YES). He stated countless times that was something him and Dan would have to work through, the process at the end of the season?

SmootSmack 01-07-2008 06:34 PM

It's not surprising that he said "we'll review everything, etc." He always says that. But I'm a bit suprised that he didn't add his usual "I fully expect to fulfill my contract through its term."

I think he'll stay though. If he leaves it would be because all the real life tragedies that have befallen him and this team over the past year have reminded him that there are far more important things for him at this stage in his life than coaching a football team.

Redskins_P 01-07-2008 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;403886]It's not surprising that he said "we'll review everything, etc." He always says that. But I'm a bit suprised that he didn't add his usual "I fully expect to fulfill my contract through its term."

I think he'll stay though. If he leaves it would be because all the real life tragedies that have befallen him and this team over the past year have reminded him that there are far more important things for him at this stage in his life than coaching a football team.[/QUOTE]

What if he decides to step down as Head Coach, but continues being the Team President? Do you think thats a possibility?

MTK 01-07-2008 06:40 PM

He's coming back.

I'm really not concerned.

SmootSmack 01-07-2008 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P;403889]What if he decides to step down as Head Coach, but continues being the Team President? Do you think thats a possibility?[/QUOTE]

I've got no doubt he's coming back as Team President and fairly confident he'll return as head coach.

I'm supposed to talk with JD sometime this week I think-'cause that's how I roll-should I hear anything, I'll let you know. And maybe some other people here as well.

MTK 01-07-2008 06:44 PM

Gibbs mentions 'getting something hashed out'.

Sounds like a contract extension to me, but maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear.

SFREDSKIN 01-07-2008 06:47 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;403892]Gibbs mentions 'getting something hashed out'.

Sounds like a contract extension to me, but maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could be a fly on the wall during their meeting, you know Danny will beg him to comeback at any cost. We are an off season away from the SB, he has to comeback.

skinsfan_nn 01-07-2008 06:50 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;403890]He's coming back.

I'm really not concerned.[/quote]

I really hope and have thought the same, that he would come back and coach at least one more year.

However, the presser left me not as certain as I was a couple of days ago. He did say he made a trip home to a family event. I'm sure his mind is made up one way or the other. Hopefully we won't have to wait long to get the news.

Did you catch the presser?

Redskins_P 01-07-2008 06:52 PM

I hope he comes back as well. He just left me a little puzzled after that press conference. Maybe he just wants to make sure that he gets that extension before he announces that he's staying.

NinjaLink 01-07-2008 07:05 PM

I want Gibbs to come back. I don't think the Redskins would be the same without Gibbs. He is like a father figure to all the players including us (fans). Even when the Redskins had tough times or made mistakes, he would never yell like other coaches do. I would miss that if he left. He is a nice guy, and I want him to stay.

skinsfan_nn 01-07-2008 07:31 PM

For those that missed the presser:

[url=http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=33838]Gibbs Discusses Coaching Future[/url]

Redskins_P 01-07-2008 08:10 PM

Here's JLa's take on the press conference......

[QUOTE]People inside the organization were definitely thrown off by Gibbs's noncommittal nature, but no one has seen indication that he will actually leave.
Everyone I spoke to thinks this is a bit of a negotiationing process here, and Joe doesn't want to say much he gets something worked out with Snyder on an extension - assuming they do get it worked out.[/QUOTE]

[url=http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/01/coach_joe.html#comments]Coach Joe - Redskins Insider[/url]