Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thank you to Joe Gibbs (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21893)

Skinsfan1967 01-08-2008 05:04 PM

Re: Thank you to Joe Gibbs

Thank-you coach. Best wishes in retirement. You are a living legend and your immortallity is assured in this realm as well as the next.

henry12portis26 01-08-2008 11:30 PM

Thanks for 4 AWESOME years and getting the team back into contention for the Superbowl .... Thanks for the great memories ... I wish him the best of luck and hopefully everything goes well with his family.

BrudLee 01-08-2008 11:52 PM

I was in my car driving from Rehoboth to Baltimore when I heard this. (The only upside was that it put me in Redskins Radio range).

We were broken in 2003. We're a lot closer to fixed now - in so many ways. Your steadying hand helped heal an organization.

In this year, when we suffered so greatly, you helped our players remain strong and steadfast - which helped the rest of us heal as well. You gave hope to the hopeless in a dire time.

Thank you.

Luxorreb 01-09-2008 04:54 AM

Thank You Joe Gibbs!
I grew up with Gibbs as coach... 9 years old when he started and almost 21 when he finished his first tenure. Only real playoff or winning the Redskins have ever done has been under Gibbs (other than the 99 Norvel Tampa trip)... I understand him stepping down and I truly appreciate him coming back. Gibbs has given validity to the Snyder era and put us on a course for which we should all be thankful. Gone are the career 'enders' Deion, Bruce Smith. We have veterans like Godfrey, McCardell, Caldwell who are still impact players while filling the team with youth. Landry, Rogers, McIntosh, Campbell. I would bet that Joe Gibbs would grant an interview by the redskinswarpath rep in some capacity... HTTR!!! In Gibbs We Trust!

PIG#1 01-09-2008 08:54 AM

thank you joe well for being the man you are and being the best coach in the world.best of luck to you in the future.

whummel 01-09-2008 09:50 AM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;404450]Thank you Coach Gibbs for:
-Not once, but twice saving this franchise from mediocrity.
- John Riggins, 70 Chip moment is SB XVII.
- Doug Williams 2nd Qtr of SB XXII
- 1991 Skins dominant season and SB XXVI
- Darrell Green's body slam of Jerry Rice in the 1992 playoffs
- Two miraculous drives to the playoffs in the last three years.
- Being able to have 3 Superbowl pictures on my walls
- Being able to trash talk about 8 Broncos fans out the room during SB XXII
- Being able to argue the 1991 Skins were the best ever.
- Being the guiding hand of faith, composure and comfort during the difficult time of Sean Taylor's death.
- Cultivating and showing the world the talents of: Sean Taylor, Laron Landry, Chris Cooley, Jason Campbell, Darrell Green, Art Monk, Joe Jacoby, Russ Grimm, Charles Mann, Neal Olkewicz, Joe Theisman, John Riggins, Dexter Manley, Jeff Bostic, Gary Clark, Earnest Byner, Mark May, Joe Bugel, Richie Pettibone and so many others.
- For 18+ hour days and countless hours away from your family so the Redskins could be successful.
- For helping Dan Snyder grow as an owner and person.
- For "fighting your guts out" every day not only to win on the field but to make the lives of everyone around you better.
- For being an inspiration for all of us to make the choice to do the right things, the right way rather than the quick and easy way.
-For bringing honor, respectablity and class to the Redskins now and always. You will always be the face of the Redskins.
Thank you for all these things and bringing enjoyment and passion to all true Redskins fans' hearts. May God Bless you and your family as you move forward to the next phase of your life.[/quote]
amen to all the facts above he will be sorely missed as a head coach but lets keep continulity and keep greg and al andthe rest of the players and staff. hail to the skins all the way in 08 and may god bless joe and his g/son and family

msm1971 01-09-2008 11:59 AM

Wow, all great stuff in here, Slingin Sammy had some great moments in his post. I have been a skins fan since age 4 and am now 36, What else can I say that hasn't been said. I think all of the players during all of those years had someone in their life that they can appreciate not only for football but for life. As a fan I can say that I was always proud of the titles more than any other fan from any other team, to some franchises it seems to be expected but I think Joe always kept everything in perspective and was probably one of the greatest leaders in sports period. Joe thanks for all of the moments, the memories and the superbowls. You will be greatly missed.

troy 01-09-2008 09:08 PM

coach gibbs, good luck on your retirement. for everything that you've done, i offer you a heart felt thank you. you will alway's be the face of the washington redskins!!! you will be missed

lespaul 01-10-2008 12:49 AM

Gibbs really rubbed me wrong several times the past few years as a football coach,but as a person? It would be an honor just to meet him. Strong faith,family man,just basically one hell of a human being. I wish him and his family the very best. God bless them and all of us on this forum.

skinsguy 01-10-2008 11:15 PM

Just think. The last win Joe Gibbs gave us as the Redskins' head coach was a big win over our rivals, The Dallas Cowboys. Thank you Joe Gibbs! A fitting end to a glorious career.

SteveR3d 01-11-2008 07:53 PM

Thank you, Joe Gibbs. Because of your faith, life and witness, my life is different. With a 3 yr old granddaughter who is having medical issues as well, I fully understand and repect your decision to be closer to your family.

God's peace and grace to you in retirement.

cwboyh8ter 01-11-2008 08:14 PM

Matty you nailed it! Coach thank you for being you Coach! We will all miss you, thanks for sharing yourself with us again!

Lady Brave 01-11-2008 08:52 PM

Joe Gibbs...

You are a constant in my most cherished memories of this team. You were a role model and father figure to those of us who had none. You didn't just care only about your position or your players, you cared about us. We, the fans, always mattered to you. So much so, you returned to try and restore to us what had been lost for so long. I will always be grateful to you for that. Your legacy should not be remembered for only what you accomplished on the field, but what you accomplished in the hearts of every Redskins fan as well.

I wish God's blessings upon your life and we welcome you home with open arms. Wherever God leads you in the remainder of your journey, I hope you'll always carry us with you.

[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/riggins44/14.jpg[/IMG]

kdogg3270 01-11-2008 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;404277]He may never see this thread but I just wanted to send out my own personal thanks to Coach Gibbs and give everyone here the chance to do the same.

Thank you for coming back and attempting to restore some order to a franchise that was in disarray since you left in '92. Thank you for guiding the team through one of it's darkest hours during the tragic death of Sean Taylor. And thank you for giving us one last ride with a true coaching legend. Even though you were unable to bring another Super Bowl title back to D.C., your efforts are appreciated and the franchise appears to be on much more solid ground today than it was 4 years ago.

Thank you for being a true Washington Redskin. You will forever be [I][U]the[/U][/I] coach of the Washington Redskins.[/QUOTE]

i am bumpin' this thread as i was gonna post the same thing... regardless of what went right or wrong with the team, gibbs brought back stability and he got us back to beating Dallas again. Nobody can take that away from him. I am a child of the 80's and i must admit all that success back when i was in my school years got me (and most of us) spoiled, but ups and downs notwithstanding thank you for pointing this franchise in the right direction. I sincerely hope Snyder does'nt mess this up. A new system would probably sabotage Jason Campbell's development. the skins are not too far away from the promised land in my opinion - lets keep this going. G. Williams should get it. if Shwartz gets it i think williams is gone. why would he work UNDER the man who succeded him at Tennessee? Lets pray for the best here. but whatever happens we are NOT back to square one, as some people have told me...anybody agree with me here?