Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Possible move on Garrett? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21942)

Skinny Tee 01-10-2008 09:30 PM

Possible move on Garrett?

[URL="http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/01/jim_schwartz.html"]Redskins to Meet With Jim Schwartz - Redskins Insider[/URL]

-Possible theory on the Schwartz interview-

What about this...in Snyder's skewed thinking that to keep continuity on the team that we hire Schwartz as Def-Coor, and then hire Jason Garrett away from the Cowboys as head coach, thus dealing a blow to the most hated Cowboys. The hiring of Schwartz in Snyder's twisted thinking would maintain the continuity of the defense by having a coordinator in the same mold as Gregg Williams, thus backing his statements at the Gibbs resignation conference.

Just a thought...and a stretch at that...but I thought that since the first person was from a team that just got eliminated that the Skins were looking at active playoff coaches for potential interviews.

That and it's weird that they are interviewing someone that essentially is Gregg Williams Lite when the original is in the building.

Schneed10 01-10-2008 09:32 PM

Re: Possible move on Garrett?

I still can't figure out why Schwartz would be interested in a lateral move when he's a viable head coaching candidate in Baltimore, Miami, and Atlanta.

BleedBurgundy 01-10-2008 09:35 PM

That seems like a lot of conjecture and little substance. I've seen similar theories begin here on the warpath...

skinsfan_nn 01-10-2008 09:39 PM

[quote=Schneed10;405860]I still can't figure out why Schwartz would be interested in a lateral move when he's a viable head coaching candidate in Baltimore, Miami, and Atlanta.[/quote]

Just a guess but I think you can scratch Schwartz off the Baltimore and Miami list.

And who in there right mind would take Atlanta?

SmootSmack 01-10-2008 09:43 PM

This is JLC's theory or yours? I didn't see it on Insider

Schneed10 01-10-2008 09:45 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;405868]This is JLC's theory or yours? I didn't see it on Insider[/quote]

It's definitely the poster's threory. JLC said all indications were that this was a HC interview with Schwartz.

Skinny Tee 01-10-2008 10:00 PM

You can't tell me that this wouldn't be a Snyder type of move. Especially since any hire that is not Gregg Williams means that he is going to hit the road. If he leaves that would open the volitility gates and unfortunately it looks as if its going that way.

SmootSmack 01-10-2008 10:04 PM

I think we're greatly exaggerating the situation here. Hiring Schwartz or any other outsider doesn't automatically mean Armageddon. The way some people are talking a swarm of locusts is about to descend upon FedExField.

dmek25 01-10-2008 10:06 PM

as much as i don't think Greg Williams is head coach material, he seems to be the best choice for the skins. continuity means everything in today's nfl. as for Schwartz, nothing has been confirmed. i really don't see the reasoning behind it. unless Williams would like him as HIS defensive coordinator

Paintrain 01-10-2008 10:21 PM

Jason Garrett=Norv 2.0

Sorry, had to be done.

SFREDSKIN 01-10-2008 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=Paintrain;405891]Jason Garrett=Norv 2.0

Sorry, had to be done.[/QUOTE]

Do you have proof?

Skinny Tee 01-10-2008 10:30 PM

I don't want Garrett so much as I don't want him back on the Cowboys. I think Romo is a product of his system and Owens ability.

MTK 01-10-2008 10:58 PM

[quote=Paintrain;405891]Jason Garrett=Norv 2.0

Sorry, had to be done.[/quote]

Based on what?

Sounds a little premature to make that call.

skinsguy 01-10-2008 11:11 PM

I'd be willing to give Jason Garrett a try.

Manusky91 01-10-2008 11:12 PM

[quote=Skinny Tee;405897]I don't want Garrett so much as I don't want him back on the Cowboys. I think Romo is a product of his system and Owens ability.[/quote]

I think it's more Owens ability than anything else. The Cowboy offense wasn't exactly a juggernaut the last game of the season without him.