Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you trust Snyder? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=21946)

Paintrain 01-11-2008 08:33 AM

Do you trust Snyder?

Based on past history and what Snyder claims that he has learned from Gibbs tenure, do you trust him to do the right thing in the coaching search? (mods can you do a yes/no poll)

I'm not a huge fan of Gregg Williams, but all the players seem to support him and Bill Cowher's not walking thru that door people. For the sake of continuity and locker room politics it seems like Grilliams is the way to go, but will Snyder do the right thing?

killromo 01-11-2008 08:42 AM

Re: Do you trust Snyder?

I am all for continuity. Can Al saunders and gregg williams just be dual head coaches? I think we are starting to grasp the offense that saunders has brought and I like what GW did this year on defense. But i don't think GW can effectively be the D coordinator and head coach. and is it me or does gregg williams just not seem to have that leadership feel? I guess GW should have the chance to be head coach as much as anyone since everyone is a wild card at this point and he keeps the most continuity.

SmootSmack 01-11-2008 09:00 AM

I'd do a poll but I'm unclear on the question on you're asking. Is it "Will Snyder Do the Right Thing?" or "Will Snyder Name Williams Head Coach?" Those aren't necessarily the same thing

Paintrain 01-11-2008 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;405995]I'd do a poll but I'm unclear on the question on you're asking. Is it "Will Snyder Do the Right Thing?" or "Will Snyder Name Williams Head Coach?" Those aren't necessarily the same thing[/QUOTE]

Will Snyder do the right thing.

SmootSmack 01-11-2008 09:13 AM

Pretty loaded question I'd say

Coff 01-11-2008 09:22 AM

[quote=Paintrain;405996]Will Snyder do the right thing.[/quote]

Possibly. But we need to define "the right thing." For Snyder, as for any other owner, doing the right thing means delegating the decisions to someone who knows what they are doing. In other words, making the decision himself would not be doing the right thing.

MTK 01-11-2008 09:25 AM

No matter what he does there will be a bunch of fussing from people. I can see it starting already. A lot of people are already set on Williams and anything else is a huge mistake. My advice is to keep an open mind and relax. The process has just begun.

12thMan 01-11-2008 09:29 AM

But couldn't Snyder just play along for once? What's all the suspense about? He could nip this right in the bud quickly, I would think.

dmek25 01-11-2008 09:29 AM

Snyder will definitely do what he thinks will help the redskins win. whether or not its the right thing......

MTK 01-11-2008 09:31 AM

[quote=12thMan;406005]But couldn't Snyder just play along for once? What's all the suspense about? He could nip this right in the bud quickly, I would think.[/quote]

You know it's funny. Snyder stated that one of the things he has learned from Gibbs is patience. Some of us applauded that, but now here we are begging for him to make a quick decision. LOL

JoeRedskin 01-11-2008 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;406008]You know it's funny. Snyder stated that one of the things he has learned from Gibbs is patience. Some of us applauded that, but now here we are begging for him to make a quick decision. LOL[/QUOTE]

Hey hey HEY!!! Stop with the demand for logic and consistency. Jeez, next you'll want everyone to be rational.

I prefer obtuseness, it promotes discussion and gives me something to do in the offseason.

Coff 01-11-2008 09:48 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;406008]You know it's funny. Snyder stated that one of the things he has learned from Gibbs is patience. Some of us applauded that, but now here we are begging for him to make a quick decision. LOL[/quote]

Ha! That is funny. It is true, the guy just can't win with the fans, regardless of what he does. However, the reason he can't win is because he hasn't won, and the longer he goes without fielding a championship-caliber team, the more his judgments will be questioned.

firstdown 01-11-2008 10:12 AM

[quote=Coff;406000]Possibly. But we need to define "the right thing." For Snyder, as for any other owner, doing the right thing means delegating the decisions to someone who knows what they are doing. In other words, making the decision himself would not be doing the right thing.[/quote]
He is the freaking owner of the team and I have never heard of an owner turning over hiring of his head coach to someone else. so Thats crazy to think doing the right thing is letting someone else hire your coach. Yes I'm sure Gibbs will have a hugh role in thid decision but it all comes back to Snyder for the final say.

firstdown 01-11-2008 10:17 AM

[quote=Coff;406021]Ha! That is funny. It is true, the guy just can't win with the fans, regardless of what he does. However, the reason he can't win is because he hasn't won, and the longer he goes without fielding a championship-caliber team, the more his judgments will be questioned.[/quote]
Well he hired Gibbs to field that championship team and Gibbs failed to get us their but he was looked at as a success. So what are the standards to judge a coach? I'm sure if GW takes over the team and leads us to a few playoff games and an over all loosing record he will not be looked at as a success.

skinsnut 01-11-2008 10:19 AM

I say yes and no.

Yes, he will hire GW as head coach...good move for consistancy.

No, he will blow the golden opportunity to get a GM in here to fix team for the long haul