I know that this type of discussion is typically reserved for the Parking Lot Forum, but I think Madden 2005ís release warrants an exception to the rule.
If anyone else has the game, itís great huh? For those of you that do not have the gameÖÖgo get it. The improvements that I noticed last night were:
1. You can change a playerís position on a team. I converted LB Jonathan Vilma from MLB to OLB and his rating went from 81 to 88 immediately.
2. You are not required to carry as many players on your roster (i.e. you only need 2 QBs now, instead of 3).
3. The players seem more agile (they seem to lean to the side if you are making a hard break to either side).
4. The players look more realistic (even if looks arenít as important as the ďtechnical details.Ē)
5. The franchise mode is more detailed (you have to contend with player morale, newspaper articles and emails detail whatís going on in the locker room etc.)
6. The game is more difficult (Iím no longer winning every game by 4-5 TDs on All-Pro and 1-2 TDs on All-Madden)
7. The hits are bigger (itís always fun to knock someone upside-down).
8. Iím sure there is a lot more but Iíve only played it for about 4 hours.
The only thing that sucks is that it is going to take me a long time to create all the formations and plays I had on Madden 2004.
RF, we already have a few madden '05 discussions going on
I agree with everything you said, but watch out for the 2K people ;)
I just picked it up on my lunck break!! :headbange I can't wait to get home and try it!! :Smoker:
I'm not sure about Vilma, or any one else on another team. I do know if you start Bowen (FS) at SS his OVR drops from 80 to 75 as his AWR.
Anyone know of any website that has printable playbooks for Madden 2005?
Here's a good article for all the Madden fans:
[QUOTE=CrazyCanuck]Here's a good article for all the Madden fans:
thats a funny article. dead on too. Madden does improve the way move around 12% each year. i'd also be curious to hear what ESPN has to say about ...ESPN??
OK, here's my only question. Remember, I've played Madden once, and that was years ago and I didn't really like it.
I loved the simplicity of Tecmo Super Bowl. Plus, I liked the horizontal view in playing mode (endzones on the right and left of the TV screen). I HATE the QB view. Somebody told me that's the only view you have in Madden. Is that true?
you have 1st and 3rd person views... 3rd person is a bit above and a little ways behind the QB... at least on the PC version.
have you played a game thats not 2d? becuase it would be really, really, really hard to run with a horizontal view. you couldnt see wholes or anything. Yea it was great in the old days but not so hot now.
the camera angles/views on madden (even in AI vs AI matches as a spectator) have been really good for a couple years at least. I assume espn has mastered that too... either way, I don't think you'll see that as a weak spot in many games... not now, 3d's matured a lot since tecmo came out ;)
As a tie in to another thread, I think it's dead wrong that Madden isn't in the Hall of Fame. For those of use 35 and under (or thereabouts) I don't know who has done more to teach us the game of football than John Madden. From the time I was nine, I learned more about football from him calling games than I ever did from the pee-wee coaches I had. The video games became a suped-up telestrator for me insofar as learning the nuances.
Granted, it's kind of simplistic to listen to him now, but for those 10 year olds out there today, there's no one better to learn about the game from. After a while, they'll graduate to Jaws, too!
doesnt he have a 75% win percentage as a head coach? thats damn impressive.
I had no idea until this weekend that Madden wasn't in the Hall of Fame. That's ridiculous! Dare I say even more ridiculous than Art Monk not being in there.
I don't know what more he had to, over 100 wins, Super Bowl champ, had Joe Gibbs as an assistant
His game is in the Hall but not him, doesn't make sense. Then again, not making sense is what the HOF voters are all about.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.