Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Josh McDaniels a real possibility? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22239)

IggyG 01-28-2008 05:02 PM

Is Josh McDaniels a real possibility?

If memory serves me correct, I thought I read somewhere or heard something that Josh McDaniels could get an interview from DS. I keep hearing about Steve Spagnoulo having an interview after the SuperBowl but I think JM would be a great candidate to become our next head coach. He obviously has received some extensive tutoring via Coach Belichick and has shown he can help run an effective offense. This would definitely be an upgrade... well at least on the offensive side of the ball. It would be a nice change in my opinion to have a young coach making the calls.

steveo395 01-28-2008 05:08 PM

Re: Josh McDaniels a real possibility

I don't want Josh McDaniels. He's too young and he's only been a coordinator for one year. He's been calling the plays for one of the most talented offenses in NFL history. Anybody could do what he has done this year.

SmootSmack 01-28-2008 05:19 PM

With Zorn I don't see the advantage of having McDaniels

IggyG 01-28-2008 05:20 PM

Steveo...get your story straight. JM has been the Patriots offensive coordinator for the last 2 seasons. He was also the QB coach for the 2 years before than. In 2005 when the Patriots went throught the season "without a OC" it was said that he actually ran the offense that season as well. JM should be considered at least. Remember, the offensive side of the ball is where we struggled last year. What would be better than to have an offensive minded coach.

Slingin Sammy 33 01-28-2008 05:21 PM

McDaniels has only two years & Spags has only one year as a Coordinator. Neither are ready for a Head Coaching position IMO.

Plus I agree w/Steveo, give me Brady, Moss, Welker, Watson, Maroney and the Pats OL and I'm sure I could've gotten them to the SB too.

IggyG 01-28-2008 05:22 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;414510]With Zorn I don't see the advantage of having McDaniels[/quote] I see your opinion but with all the other names being thrown at there for head coach, none really stand out IMO.

WillH 01-28-2008 06:29 PM

[quote=steveo395;414504]I don't want Josh McDaniels. He's too young and he's only been a coordinator for one year. He's been calling the plays for one of the most talented offenses in NFL history. Anybody could do what he has done this year.[/quote]

I think he has been the coordinator for two years, and seemingly has been calling the plays for 3 years. Im not sure if thats true just what i read.

Edit: sorry started typing this half an hour ago

Longtimefan 01-28-2008 06:35 PM

Josh McDaniels has about the same chance of becoming the next HC of the Redskins as the Queen has of becoming the next King...............Not Going To Happen.

goingdeep 01-28-2008 06:37 PM

no way rather have fassell

Kronz21 01-28-2008 07:09 PM

Not enough experience and why would he leave a franchise that has it together to one with no structure.

Dirtbag59 01-28-2008 07:10 PM

When I first saw this thread I thought you were making a case for some draft prospect named Josh McDaniels. I mean to me the guy is known as the Patriots O-Coordinator. Anyway I think there to many factors working against this.

1. The guy is old enough to be a player
2. The hire wouldn't really be the "sexy" kind of hire that Snyder is known for.
3. As someone pointed out Bellicheck would probably advise McDaniels against taking the Redskin job
4. You already got Zorn and on that note the HC would have to mesh with Zorn in terms of offensive phillosophy (Fassel and Mooch).

and on a personal note I don't rush the gun to call a guy an offensive genius that has had the type of pieces that McDaniels has had to work with especially when hes only been working as a coordinator for two years and an offensive coach for 4.

IggyG 01-28-2008 07:59 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;414560]When I first saw this thread I thought you were making a case for some draft prospect named Josh McDaniels. I mean to me the guy is known as the Patriots O-Coordinator. Anyway I think there to many factors working against this.

1. The guy is old enough to be a player
2. The hire wouldn't really be the "sexy" kind of hire that Snyder is known for.
3. As someone pointed out Bellicheck would probably advise McDaniels against taking the Redskin job
4. You already got Zorn and on that note the HC would have to mesh with Zorn in terms of offensive phillosophy (Fassel and Mooch).

and on a personal note I don't rush the gun to call a guy an offensive genius that has had the type of pieces that McDaniels has had to work with especially when hes only been working as a coordinator for two years and an offensive coach for 4.[/quote]

no offense to the case your making but your basically saying that if the Patriots win the Superbowl that McDaniels wouldn't be a "sexy" hire? C'Mon, and Fassell is? I understand that the Patriots have great offensive targets on the field for Tom Brady but look at last year and the previous year. I wouldn't say their offense sucked. Del Rio, Gruden were both young when they started and looked how they helped turn their franchises around. And last, I was just stating that he would be a good candidate to interview, simply that. I'm not stating that he should be our head coach but just merely a candidate.

Warpath 01-28-2008 09:12 PM

Out of McDaniels, Fassell, and Spagnulo JM is my top choice. Through Mucch into the mix and Id be ok with either. Im just saying I prefer JM over Fassell and Spags. Give it a go with a young guy with new ideas. Can you imagine an offense where everyone gets the ball? God what a dream. Im ok if DS hires him.

Beemnseven 01-28-2008 09:22 PM

Unless McDaniels will bring Tom Brady with him, my guess is that he'll be a complete bust wherever he goes.

Similar to Norv without Aikman, Smith and Irvin.

RedZone 01-28-2008 09:45 PM

McDaniels lacks head coaching experience. Doesn't it make sense (in the Skins' case) to have a seasoned head coach who has worked with a full staff under him -- and with an owner over him?