Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Armed Robbery; Cowards, face me again. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22264)

KLHJ2 01-30-2008 05:10 AM

Armed Robbery; Cowards, face me again.

This evening, I left an establishment that served me alcohol until closing time at 1:00 AM. I left from there to a 7-Eleven, where I bought a pack of cigarettes. My boy and I proceeded from there to his house. Upon getting out of our cars at that destination, we were followed by 2 men wielding weapons. The first man was holding a plastic 38 revolver and his buddy had a shotgun (Which I believed to be also fake). After his friend arrived with a toy shotgun, the guy with the 38 moved over to me.

At the same time both men were requesting our wallets from both of us. I told him that I had no cash, but if he wanted my wallet he had to get it out of my pocket. He refused and said "no, you give me your wallet". I told him once again, that "I am not reaching for anything, but if you want my wallet; then he would have to reach for it". He proceeded to snatch the cigarettes from my hand and run away. In the meantime, my buddy had given the assailant his wallet.

The whole time I could tell that both weapons were fake, but there was no need to push the issue. In the end two men made off with a wallet (bearing no cash) and a pack of Newports. I really wish that the guy had dug into my rear pants pocket so that I could catch him off guard, but he didn't. We knew that the weapons were fake and that we could take them in an instance, but rather than chance it, we let them get away. For how long their escape will last is another story, because we have his credit cards being watched.

If those guys get away clean, then they made off with a $5.00 pack of cigarettes. If they get caught, they go to jail for 5 years for armed robbery, over a $5.00 pack of cigarettes. Is it really worth it?

In all reality we could have [B]killed[/B] those kids, but over what? A wallet and a pack of citgarettes? It wasn't worth it for us either. I just hope that those kids gain some sense before they get hurt.

hooskins 01-30-2008 10:26 AM

Re: Armed Robbery; Cowards, face me again.

It is still the principle of things. If they are comfortable robbing people for small sums of money then they will move on to larger. Any asshole that robs should be jailed.

Schneed10 01-30-2008 10:36 AM

[quote=angryssg;415190]This evening, I left an establishment that served me alcohol until closing time at 1:00 AM. I left from there to a 7-Eleven, where I bought a pack of cigarettes. My boy and I proceeded from there to his house. Upon getting out of our cars at that destination, we were followed by 2 men wielding weapons. The first man was holding a plastic 38 revolver and his buddy had a shotgun (Which I believed to be also fake). After his friend arrived with a toy shotgun, the guy with the 38 moved over to me.

At the same time both men were requesting our wallets from both of us. I told him that I had no cash, but if he wanted my wallet he had to get it out of my pocket. He refused and said "no, you give me your wallet". I told him once again, that "I am not reaching for anything, but if you want my wallet; then he would have to reach for it". He proceeded to snatch the cigarettes from my hand and run away. In the meantime, my buddy had given the assailant his wallet.

The whole time I could tell that both weapons were fake, but there was no need to push the issue. In the end two men made off with a wallet (bearing no cash) and a pack of Newports. I really wish that the guy had dug into my rear pants pocket so that I could catch him off guard, but he didn't. We knew that the weapons were fake and that we could take them in an instance, but rather than chance it, we let them get away. For how long their escape will last is another story, because we have his credit cards being watched.

If those guys get away clean, then they made off with a $5.00 pack of cigarettes. If they get caught, they go to jail for 5 years for armed robbery, over a $5.00 pack of cigarettes. Is it really worth it?

In all reality we could have [B]killed[/B] those kids, but over what? A wallet and a pack of citgarettes? It wasn't worth it for us either. I just hope that those kids gain some sense before they get hurt.[/quote]

Assuming you were 100% sure the weapons were no threat, I'd say shoulda killed 'em. Seriously. You could have easily said you thought the weapons were real and justified it as self defense.

Glad you're OK.

ArtMonkDrillz 01-30-2008 10:47 AM

Glad you're okay.

This reminds me of my favorite scene from the movie Snatch, which I just happened to watch on Monday for about the 1,000th time: A couple of what-to-be bad guys try to rob a hitman (Vinnie Jones) with replica guns and he can tell right away that they're fake.
this is from imdb
[QUOTE][B]Bullet Tooth Tony:[/B] So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. There are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls.
Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties mangled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun...
[I][Zoom in on the side of Sol's gun, which indeed has "REPLICA" etched on the side; zoom out, as they sneak peeks at the sides of their guns] [/I]
[B]Bullet Tooth Tony:[/B] And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O"...
[Withdraws his gun and puts it on the table]
[B]Bullet Tooth Tony:[/B] Written down the side of mine...
[I][They look, zoom in on the side of his gun, which indeed has "DESERT EAGLE .50" etched on the side] [/I]
[B]Bullet Tooth Tony:[/B] Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off! [/QUOTE]

Monkeydad 01-30-2008 12:13 PM

This should teach you...quit smoking. :D

Glad you're OK.

DynamiteRave 01-30-2008 12:47 PM

I'm glad you decided not to uh, kill them. If I was you and I was absolutely, without a doubt positive they were fake. I would've done some reverse psychology shit and been like, "Go ahead and shoot me." And then I would've done White Lotus kung-fu on them and had them laid out. :D

jsarno 01-30-2008 01:42 PM

[QUOTE=angryssg;415190]This evening, I left an establishment that served me alcohol until closing time at 1:00 AM. I left from there to a 7-Eleven, where I bought a pack of cigarettes. My boy and I proceeded from there to his house. Upon getting out of our cars at that destination, we were followed by 2 men wielding weapons. The first man was holding a plastic 38 revolver and his buddy had a shotgun (Which I believed to be also fake). After his friend arrived with a toy shotgun, the guy with the 38 moved over to me.

[b][i]In all reality we could have [B]killed[/B] those kids, but over what? A wallet and a pack of citgarettes? It wasn't worth it for us either. I just hope that those kids gain some sense before they get hurt.[/b][/i][/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that man. I am assuming everyone is OK.

To answer your question of "but over what". You're right, it is just a pack of cigs...for now. The NEXT time, and YES, there WILL BE a next time, they will get braver, and they could hurt someone, or even kill someone. I'd rather see two thugs like that get killed, then to see any innocent person get hurt for any reason. Our system won't correct them, but vigalante justice would.
I know that sounds harsh, but if we don't stop it, who will? Just like what I've said many times before, if someone broke into my house, I shoot first, ask questions later...you may ask "was it worth their life", I'd say absolutely.

jsarno 01-30-2008 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=Buster;415290]This should teach you...quit smoking. :D
[/QUOTE]

LOL...that's funny. I thought that, but decided not to say it.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 01-30-2008 01:44 PM

IMO, the best policy is to give in and give them what they want. F pride, give them what they want and be on your way. Your life is not worth $50 or whatever you've got in your wallet. Being a hero and giving would-be robbers a smack-down is nice, but, in real life, heros often end up in the morgue.

jsarno 01-30-2008 01:50 PM

[QUOTE=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;415321]IMO, the best policy is to give in and give them what they want. F pride, give them what they want and be on your way. Your life is not worth $50 or whatever you've got in your wallet. Being a hero and giving would-be robbers a smack-down is nice, but, in real life, heros often end up in the morgue.[/QUOTE]

You make a strong case if the guns were real.

mredskins 01-30-2008 01:50 PM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;415321]IMO, the best policy is to give in and give them what they want. F pride, give them what they want and be on your way. Your life is not worth $50 or whatever you've got in your wallet.[/quote]

Could not have said it better. Nothing in life is more valuable then your life. Without it everything else is useless.

onlydarksets 01-30-2008 01:57 PM

angry - glad to hear you guys are ok.

[quote=jsarno;415325]You make a strong case if the guns were real.[/quote]

You never know if they are. Even if you [U]know[/U] (which I seriously doubt 99.9% of the population could in that situation), do they have a friend waiting around the corner with a real gun? Do they have knives? I'm with SGG on this one.

DynamiteRave 01-30-2008 03:32 PM

[quote=jsarno;415318]Sorry to hear that man. I am assuming everyone is OK.

To answer your question of "but over what". You're right, it is just a pack of cigs...for now. The NEXT time, and YES, there WILL BE a next time, they will get braver, and they could hurt someone, or even kill someone. I'd rather see two thugs like that get killed, then to see any innocent person get hurt for any reason. Our system won't correct them, but vigalante justice would.
I know that sounds harsh, but if we don't stop it, who will? Just like what I've said many times before, if someone broke into my house, I shoot first, ask questions later...you may ask "was it worth their life", I'd say absolutely.[/quote]

But what if it's someone you know? My friend's brother was away at college and didn't have a key to the house and at the middle of the night he practically broke in. Granted, it wasn't the smartest thing for his brother to do instead of just calling and waking everyone up, but my friend was startled and kicked the shit out of him only to realize it was his brother.

Now if he had had a gun. Who knows what would've happened.

KLHJ2 01-31-2008 02:40 AM

In reponse to all of you, yes we are both OK. My buddy spent the entire day trying to get a new drivers license. I am glad that we reacted the way that we did. Dymamite, yes we could have killed them, but I am glad that we didn't. As it turns out in that situation, they have more rights than we do. Had we injured or killed them, they could have gotten off and sued us, as long as they never fired a shot. We learned this from my buddy's father-in-law, who is a PG county cop.

In retrospect we did the right thing. The cops pulled the videotape from both the establishment we were at, and the 7-eleven that we went to. They ran the tags from the vehicle description that I gave them (which happened to be present at both locations). The culprits were caught. My friends wallet was tossed out their window and could not be found. We have no word on whether or not the weapons were real. It is in our best intrest to believe that they were.

In the end we lost nothing, and gained a headache, which is more welcomed than death. More than likely, they will recieve fair punishment.

firstdown 01-31-2008 12:22 PM

My buddy pulled in his driveway one night and when he got out of his truck he had two guys standing in front of him with a gun. They told him to turn over all his money and he reach into his front pockets pulling the inside out and said if I had money do you think I would live in this neighborhood. The two guys got this look on them as to think he was right and just ran off. My buddy then said he had $450.00 in his wallet from some rent he had just collected.