Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Tyree Catch Greatest Clutch Catch in SB? (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/22356-tyree-catch-greatest-clutch-catch-sb.html)

jsarno 02-03-2008 11:10 PM

Best play in the Super Bowl all time???

What is the greatest play in the history of the Super Bowl?

If I had to vote, I'd say the Eli scramble to avoid a sack and completion to Tyree using his helmet. Amazing.

SFREDSKIN 02-03-2008 11:12 PM

Re: Best play in the Super Bowl all time???

[QUOTE=jsarno;416890]What is the greatest play in the history of the Super Bowl?

If I had to vote, I'd say the Eli scramble to avoid a sack and completion to Tyree using his helmet. Amazing.[/QUOTE]

I second that. The catch by Tyree was the most amazing catch ever, he should have been the MVP for that catch and the TD he caught earlier.

Paintrain 02-03-2008 11:14 PM

It was an amazing play, but not better than Mike Jones tackle at the goal line to stop a potentially game tying TD as the clock ran out..

jamf 02-03-2008 11:14 PM

pfft, Its john riggins run!

Come on guys ;)

SFREDSKIN 02-03-2008 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=jamf;416900]pfft, Its john riggins run!

Come on guys ;)[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you but we didn't beat an undefeated team that almost everyone claimed as the best ever.

jsarno 02-03-2008 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=jamf;416900]pfft, Its john riggins run!

Come on guys ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL. I just still can't believe they pulled that play off. Best play of all time.

GTripp0012 02-04-2008 12:07 AM

I think this was the greatest SB ever (not sure what I'll think in the morning), so I guess I'll give the nod to that play for greatest in SB history.

It sure will be legendary.

FRPLG 02-04-2008 12:09 AM

[QUOTE=Paintrain;416898]It was an amazing play, but not better than Mike Jones tackle at the goal line to stop a potentially game tying TD as the clock ran out..[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say this was a better play just a more obviously game outcome determinant. In terms of shear spectacle and athletic skilll achievement the Manning/Tyree play was better.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 02-04-2008 12:09 AM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;416957]I think this was the greatest SB ever (not sure what I'll think in the morning), so I guess I'll give the nod to that play for greatest in SB history.

It sure will be legendary.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I think the last 3 minutes were pretty awesome, but otherwise it was pretty dull. I thought the Pats-Panthers Super Bowl was among the best.

GTripp0012 02-04-2008 12:14 AM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;416961]I dunno. I think the last 3 minutes were pretty awesome, but otherwise it was pretty dull. I thought the Pats-Panthers Super Bowl was among the best.[/quote]It was a defensive struggle, but I thought that was great simply because the Pats were playing in it.

I dunno, dull is totally subjective, but I was expecting a total snoozer of a game, and I got shocked.

jsarno 02-04-2008 12:18 AM

[QUOTE=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;416961]I dunno. I think the last 3 minutes were pretty awesome, but otherwise it was pretty dull. I thought the Pats-Panthers Super Bowl was among the best.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with Gtripp. There weren't a slew of mistakes, so it wasn't sloppy, it was a defensive struggle which made it a great game. Look at how many tipped passes there were and how much pressure there was on both sides of the ball. I think it was the best super bowl ever too. Great game.
Throw in the fact that they were 14 point underdogs, and not given a chance and you have the best SB ever.

WestCoastSkinsFan 02-04-2008 12:38 AM

That entire play to Tyree was amazing. Just absolutely incredible. It's probably the best that I'VE ever seen in a Super Bowl, but I'm not sure that it'd be the best ever. I think time will tell, but I'd be surprised if it weren't at least in the conversation.

If that play were the one for the go-ahead TD, then yes, I think you have the best play in Super Bowl history without too much of an arguement.

sancho2613 02-04-2008 02:47 AM

I'm not sure if it's the best ever but it's probably the best one i've seen or i guess the best that comes to mind....

Monkeydad 02-04-2008 08:24 AM

Re: Tyree Catch Greatest Clutch Catch in SB?

[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/208tavb.jpg[/IMG]

That play was two of the most amazing plays I've ever seen combined into one play.