Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   UMD football fans. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22372)

GTripp0012 02-04-2008 03:47 PM

Re: UMD football fans.

He was a solid 4 year contributor in my madden skins franchise. Best use of a 6th round pick yet.

We do need a TE with some size on this team, who isn't as old as Yoder. People know I'd be totally cool with this.

WillH 02-04-2008 03:57 PM

[quote=RobH4413;417402]It will be interesting to see when he gets drafted. I've seen him ranked as high as a top 3 TE and as low as 15th. So it really depends on how he does in the combine. Rumor has is they (trainers) think they can get him to run a 4.75... That would be huge.

It's crazy to think that no matter what you did during your four year college career, lots of times the difference in hundreds of thousands of dollars rely solely on a tenth of a second in a 40 yard dash. I'd probably shit myself while running from being so nervous.

I've also been faced with the hypothetical of all hypotheticals. What to do if he's drafted by the Cowboys or Eagles?[/quote]

Ewwww...Yeah that would be a blower. I guess he'd be disowned, maybe he'd have to hold out and demand a trade . . . ha ha ha

Anyways, if I were to guess Id say he'll go somewhere between late 4th-early 6th.

ArtMonkDrillz 02-04-2008 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=RobH4413;417402]It will be interesting to see when he gets drafted. I've seen him ranked as high as a top 3 TE and as low as 15th. So it really depends on how he does in the combine. Rumor has is they (trainers) think they can get him to run a 4.75... That would be huge.

It's crazy to think that no matter what you did during your four year college career, lots of times the difference in hundreds of thousands of dollars rely solely on a tenth of a second in a 40 yard dash. I'd probably shit myself while running from being so nervous.

[B]I've also been faced with the hypothetical of all hypotheticals. What to do if he's drafted by the Cowboys or Eagles?[/B][/QUOTE]That would be upsetting for a number of reasons.
I remember when it looked like the cowboys might draft Merriman a few years ago; the thought had me sick.
This would be even worse.

RobH4413 02-04-2008 04:44 PM

[quote=WillH;417414]Ewwww...Yeah that would be a blower. I guess he'd be disowned, maybe he'd have to hold out and demand a trade . . . ha ha ha

Anyways, if I were to guess Id say he'll go somewhere between late 4th-early 6th.[/quote]
All I want to know is two questions...

1) Where is the Draft party?
2) Will it be open bar?

#2 need apply especially if he gets drafted on day 2... I'll need a two day bender especially if I have to listen to Mel Kiper Jr. for that long.

But in all honesty... What do you guys think about the Redskins picking up a big TE in the draft. If not Haynos, then maybe Brad Cottam from Tenn?

I think with a young QB especially, we need a big blocker who can sneak out into the flats and present a big target. How high of a pick would we realistically want to spend on someone like this?

WillH 02-04-2008 04:51 PM

[quote=RobH4413;417455]All I want to know is two questions...

1) Where is the Draft party?
2) Will it be open bar?

#2 need apply especially if he gets drafted on day 2... I'll need a two day bender especially if I have to listen to Mel Kiper Jr. for that long.

But in all honesty... What do you guys think about the Redskins picking up a big TE in the draft. If not Haynos, then maybe Brad Cottam from Tenn?

I think with a young QB especially, we need a big blocker who can sneak out into the flats and present a big target. How high of a pick would we realistically want to spend on someone like this?[/quote]

Well, we certainly have bigger needs (DE, DT, G, T, WR, CB, etc.), but given the right FA moves, I'd say no higher then our 5th. I would consider our 4th, problem is we dont have one. 3rd seems too high considering we probably pickup a D-lineman, an O-lineman, and either a WR or CB with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

SFREDSKIN 02-04-2008 06:09 PM

[QUOTE=Bill B;417397]Sfredskin - did you go to Wootton? Just curious - I went there a while back and graduated in 1992.[/QUOTE]

Yep, long time ago. Class of '77.