Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   No Reservations (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/22446-no-reservations.html)

Mattyk 02-08-2008 04:10 PM

No Reservations

Anyone else into this show with Anthony Bourdain? It's on the Travel channel. I think it's one of the better shows on TV.

skinsguy 02-08-2008 04:12 PM

Re: No Reservations

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;419447]Anyone else into this show with Anthony Bourdain? It's on the Travel channel. I think it's one of the better shows on TV.[/QUOTE]

Man this is scary! I just got through talking to a co-worker about this show about five minutes ago. I caught it a couple weeks ago. It's very interesting to say the least.

FRPLG 02-08-2008 04:15 PM

The guy irks me a little for some reason. Seems like a big jerk to me. Plus they're always eating weird ass food. Not a big fan of weird ass food.

Mattyk 02-08-2008 04:20 PM

Yeah I found him a bit abrasive at first too, but he's really an interesting guy. He certainly has an open mind when it comes to food. I can't believe some of the stuff he eats sometimes, but I guess it's just an issue of mind over matter.

There's another show called Bizarre Foods that is really gross when it comes to weird food. I can't even watch that show sometimes.

Hijinx 02-13-2008 08:27 PM

This guy is one of my favorite people on TV. I have been a fan of this guy since his first book(a fun read). There are a ton of chefs/ex-chefs/wannabes on TV and this is the only guy that people in the business likes. Every time someone asks me about what I do I let them borrow my copy Kitchen Confidential (the book).

BTW the episode in Beirut(season 2) is amazing and my favorite.

TheSmurfs22 02-13-2008 08:32 PM

I love No Reservations! Big Anthony Bourdain fan! I love that he tells it like it is. It is one of the few shows I watch religiously! I love it when he cracks on Rachel "Thirty Minutes My Ass" Ray.

Hijinx I would agree with you the Beirut episode was exceptional.

drew54 02-13-2008 09:10 PM

I have been recording this show on my DVR and I haven't seen one yet that I haven't liked. He tells it like it is, and I think that seeing some of the exotic dishes across the world inspires me to want to eat at more ethnic restaurants around where I live.

On a side note, if you have seen the New Orleans episode, I am shocked at how parts of it are such a ghost town. Really eye opening when you consider that is America, and it seems like people have already forgotten about the storms of 05.

jamf 02-13-2008 09:16 PM

I've been watching the show since it was called "Cooks Tour" and was on the food network.
Love the show, I record every episode.

The Uzbekistan episode had me rolling on the floor laughing.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-uNmKa4Isk]YouTube - No Reservations - Uzbekistan 3/5[/url]

jsarno 02-14-2008 12:20 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;419455]Yeah I found him a bit abrasive at first too, but he's really an interesting guy. He certainly has an open mind when it comes to food. I can't believe some of the stuff he eats sometimes, but I guess it's just an issue of mind over matter.[/quote]

I love that show. AT least he is honest about certain foods too. He won't just blindly try crap and say it's good. If it's bad, he'll say so. I like the way he tries to immerse himself in other cultures. The places I have been in my life, I have tried the same things, of course to a much smaller extent, so it's great to see someone actually do it to as many cultures as possible.

[quote]There's another show called Bizarre Foods that is really gross when it comes to weird food. I can't even watch that show sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I like this show too, but it grosses me out...I think they try the grossest stuff just for shock value but Zimmern is an engaging fellow.