Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   LOST (Warning: Possible Spoilers) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22447)

SmootSmack 04-25-2008 12:43 AM

Re: LOST (Warning: Possible Spoilers)

"Changed the rules" I wonder what that means exactly

And Nadia was killed in/near Los Angeles? Is she the one in the coffin?

onlydarksets 04-25-2008 01:18 PM

That was excellent.

The whole "you know we can't kill each other" thing was interesting, too.

ArtMonkDrillz 04-25-2008 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;442689]"Changed the rules" I wonder what that means exactly

And Nadia was killed in/near Los Angeles? Is she the one in the coffin?[/QUOTE]I feel like it was hinted that it was a man in the coffin.

SmootSmack 04-25-2008 01:33 PM

Yeah, now that I think about it it was a man who hung himself. John Latham or some name like that

Stuck in TX 05-02-2008 08:16 AM

after watching last night's episode I feel the need to reiterate something that has been true the whole time... Evageline Lilly is HOTTTT!!!!!

You know Rose had a point. No one has ever gotten sick on the island. Who thinks its sabatoge of some kind by the newcomers? I do not like the redhead chick. She is trouble. Bet she did something to Jack and I also predict that Juliet will come out and say the apendix was fine. One more prediction... we know Claire will not be saved, (unless Hurley is telling the truth and everyone is dead but thats another prediction altogether) so I think she never comes back. It would be too sad to kill her off. Disapearing into the nothingness with her longlost father would seem appropriate.

ArtMonkDrillz 05-09-2008 07:29 AM

[QUOTE=Stuck in TX;446410]after watching last night's episode I feel the need to reiterate something that has been true the whole time... Evageline Lilly is HOTTTT!!!!!

You know Rose had a point. No one has ever gotten sick on the island. Who thinks its sabatoge of some kind by the newcomers? I do not like the redhead chick. She is trouble. Bet she did something to Jack and I also predict that Juliet will come out and say the apendix was fine. One more prediction... we know Claire will not be saved, (unless Hurley is telling the truth and everyone is dead but thats another prediction altogether) so I think she never comes back. It would be too sad to kill her off. Disapearing into the nothingness with her longlost father would seem appropriate.[/QUOTE]Ben got cancer while on the island.

Also, did Claire really survive her house being blown up? Why was Miles so fascinated by her?

ArtMonkDrillz 05-09-2008 07:33 AM

Okay, I just had some thoughts that I needed to write out before I forget them...

In Locke's dream conversation with the mathematician from the Dharma Initiative the guy said that he'd been dead for 12 years (I'm pretty sure he said 12). But Rousseau and her crew crashed on the island at least sixteen years prior to the 815 crash and there was never any indication that she or her team ever came across any DI people. Did Ben's group really kidnap Alex while they were off living in the jungle, before they took over the island?

ArtMonkDrillz 05-09-2008 10:59 AM

Did no one else watch last night?!?!?! Damn you people!

I just had another thought, but I don't know if it's worth much: way back in season 1 Locke said to Jack that he believed that they were all brought to the island for some mystical reason, and that he believed so because [I]"you're [Jack] a man of science and I [Locke] am a man of faith."[/I]
But we learned last night that when Locke was a teenager he seemed like he was supposed to end up as a man of science, but he was too afraid to accept that because he didn't want to be seen as an outcast.
Then later, after his father showed him a quicker alternative to the elevator, Locke claimed that he didn't believe in miracles, even though he probably shouldn't have survived his infancy let alone his fall.

I was afraid that there wasn't much left for Locke in terms of a backstory, but it looks like there might be after all. How did he go from being depressed and disgusted by the idea of a man in a wheel chair going on a walkabout to deciding that he could do anything if he put his mind to it?

Stuck in TX 05-09-2008 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz;447576]Ben got cancer while on the island.

Also, did Claire really survive her house being blown up? Why was Miles so fascinated by her?[/QUOTE]

duuuuude..... you know, I never thought of that. She's gotta be dead though. Did you see how melow she was in the cabin sitting next to her DEAD father? And seriously, even if Miles was a "POW" why wouldnt he say anything about a girl with a baby wondering off into the jungle? Yeah she died in that cabin. Good perception!! The thing that hits me a little weird is that they have to "move the island." How is that going to work?

ArtMonkDrillz 05-09-2008 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=Stuck in TX;447612]duuuuude..... you know, I never thought of that. She's gotta be dead though. Did you see how melow she was in the cabin sitting next to her DEAD father? And seriously, even if Miles was a "POW" why wouldnt he say anything about a girl with a baby wondering off into the jungle? Yeah she died in that cabin. Good perception!! The thing that hits me a little weird is that they have to "move the island." How is that going to work?[/QUOTE]
To be honest, the "Claire's a ghost" idea is not mine at all. I actually read it in a recap on ew.com. That place is a great resource for Lost theories and ideas.

hooskins 05-09-2008 12:07 PM

Just about to bring up this thread. It was a pretty good episode, interested to see how they plan to "move" the island, while the chopper is has pretty much landed on the island.

Stuck in TX 05-09-2008 12:10 PM

Can anyone explain the whole time continium thing for me? How did the Doc wash up on shore with a slit throat last week and they are just now slitting his throat this week? If thats the case then what is happening now on the island hasnt happened yet. so confusing....

SmootSmack 05-09-2008 07:57 PM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz;447576]Ben got cancer while on the island.

Also, did Claire really survive her house being blown up? Why was Miles so fascinated by her?[/QUOTE]

If she died in the cabin, then how did Sawyer carry her into the house where Locke and Ben were? And why would Sawyer give Miles a restraining order? Or are they all dead like Hurley said they were?

SmootSmack 05-09-2008 07:59 PM

What's with the dude who was quizzing young Locke. I forget his name on the show, but he doesn't age at all does he?

FRPLG 05-09-2008 08:59 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;447708]What's with the dude who was quizzing young Locke. I forget his name on the show, but he doesn't age at all does he?[/QUOTE]

Alpert. Richard.

He, Locke, Ben and Jack are the keys to this whole thing. With a little Christian and now Claire thrown in for good measure. She is Jack's sister. Everyone else is riding their boat I think.