Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How The Zorn HC Hire Effect Jason Campbell (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22500)

irish 02-11-2008 03:35 PM

Re: How The Zorn HC Hire Effect Jason Campbell

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;420805]Those two basically go hand in hand, no?

Personally I don't see the team giving up on JC after 1 season in a new system with a first time HC.

But hey, if it makes you happy to make ridiculous predictions have at it.[/QUOTE]

Sort of. If Campbell cant get the O going then he's out, plain and simple. Campbell hasnt shown much as a starter and now he has to prove himself all over again with a new coach.

I know I do make crazy predictions like in spite of Gibbs saying he was his QB that Ramsey would be gone by week 3.

MTK 02-11-2008 03:43 PM

[quote=irish;420809]Sort of. If Campbell cant get the O going then he's out, plain and simple. Campbell hasnt shown much as a starter and now he has to prove himself all over again with a new coach.

I know I do make crazy predictions like in spite of Gibbs saying he was his QB that Ramsey would be gone by week 3.[/quote]

And you said Brunell would return as the starter when JC took over, so I guess it's a wash.

JC hasn't shown much as a starter?? I think he's shown enough to try to build around him and give him a realistic chance. He has just over 1 full season of starts under his belt. Is it too much to ask to just have a little patience?

Redskin Warrior 02-11-2008 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;420816]And you said Brunell would return as the starter when JC took over, so I guess it's a wash.

JC hasn't shown much as a starter?? I think he's shown enough to try to build around him and give him a realistic chance. He has just over 1 full season of starts under his belt. Is it too much to ask to just have a little patience?[/QUOTE]

I agree, JC is where he needs to be an average QB with only one season full of starts under his belt learning a new scheme where do you think he should be under those condition? Don't get it twisted people seem to come down hard on JC since TC did a good towards the end of the season, but folks also fail to realize he was in Saunders system for years & years.

JoeRedskin 02-11-2008 05:05 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;420816]And you said Brunell would return as the starter when JC took over, so I guess it's a wash.

JC hasn't shown much as a starter?? I think he's shown enough to try to build around him and give him a realistic chance. He has just over 1 full season of starts under his belt. [B]Is it too much to ask to just have a little patience?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes - because if he can't be selectively impatient, how will he rationalize his doom and gloom predictions?

wilsowilso 02-11-2008 05:31 PM

[quote=irish;420809]If Campbell cant get the O going then he's out, plain and simple. Campbell hasnt shown much as a starter and now he has to prove himself all over again with a new coach.[/quote]

Campbell has shown plenty of strong qualities as a starter so I don't really know what you are talking about? He needs to improve in all aspects, but he is a highly regarded young QB.

RobH4413 02-11-2008 05:59 PM

Campbell has shown that he is what he is... a young QB with physical gifts, loads of potential, and the propensity to become a solid starter.

If he can't get the O going, and there are better options, obviously there are no reasons to stick with him. Kind of stating the obvious here Irish. That's pretty much like saying, "If player X sucks, we shouldn't start him".

He's made mistakes, shown weaknesses, but overall you've got to give him a chance. It's more risky to go pursue another project, and too expensive and unrealistic to chase a solid veteran.

Bishop Hammer 02-15-2008 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;420577]He should still be pretty hands on with JC, and since he's going to be hiring his OC and QB coach you can bet those individuals will share his same offensive philosophy.[/QUOTE]

I read in the Washington Post that one of the conditions to Zorn coming here is that he would be able to work one on one with Campbell. So, Zorn might be able to work out some of JC's kinks and bad habits (I hope anyway).

Longtimefan 02-15-2008 04:55 PM

Zorn and Campbell should after a brief period become like hand in glove. Campbell will welcome Zorn the same way he did Al Borges when Tommy Tuberville brought him from Indiana to coach Jason in the fine points of the WCO.

Jason Campbell flourished under the direction of Borges, and posted his most impressive resume. He had complained prior to Borges arival that the offense being deployed was too bland, as well as predictable, run on first down, run on second down, pass on third down, the type offense that put too much pressure on the QB.

Once he was given the opportunity to spread the defense, throw more on first down, and utilize his running backs more in the passing game, his game began to take on a new dimention.

The only difference in the Al Borges version of the WCO and Zorns' version, is that at the professional level it's executed at a much faster pace. Look for Jason to meet with limited difficulty, an offense which he has recorded his greatest success. It was the Saunders offense that was not best suited for him.

Skins4Life101 02-16-2008 10:30 AM

dont forget J-Cam ran west coast offense with Al Borges...

NYCskinfan82 02-16-2008 10:37 AM

JC will being to show more improvement and earn his keep, they have to make him more mobile, a pocket passer is an easy target

skinsguy 02-16-2008 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=irish;420801]I suspect Zorn's priority will be assembling an offense that can score more than 15 points per game. If JC can help them do that great, if not he's gone. I just dont see Zorn wasting 2 years on JC waiting/helping him to develop. 2008 is the make or break year for JC.[/QUOTE]

It's been said that it takes a good two to three seasons before this offense becomes "well-oiled". With that said, I seriously doubt Zorn will be expecting Campbell to come out looking like Joe Montana from the get go. It will take time to develop and gel. But, Campbell has had some experience with a variation of this offense, so it's not like uncharted territory for him.

Also, Zorn has mentioned that this offense will rely heavily on the running game, so that will help to take some pressure off of JC.

Longtimefan 02-16-2008 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=Skins4Life101;422856]dont forget J-Cam ran west coast offense with Al Borges...[/QUOTE]

There's no question in my mind, you deffinately read #38. It's the number that comes before #39.

Skins4Life101 02-16-2008 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=Longtimefan;422939]There's no question in my mind, you deffinately read #38. It's the number that comes before #39.[/QUOTE]

actually no... I didnt read it. Sorry. I experienced it in person during the Sugar Bowl.

And up to it as a student there. Sorry...

wolfeskins 02-16-2008 04:00 PM

[quote=Longtimefan;422683]Zorn and Campbell should after a brief period become like hand in glove. Campbell will welcome Zorn the same way he did Al Borges when Tommy Tuberville brought him from Indiana to coach Jason in the fine points of the WCO.

Jason Campbell flourished under the direction of Borges, and posted his most impressive resume. He had complained prior to Borges arival that the offense being deployed was too bland, as well as predictable, run on first down, run on second down, pass on third down, the type offense that put too much pressure on the QB.

Once he was given the opportunity to spread the defense, throw more on first down, and utilize his running backs more in the passing game, his game began to take on a new dimention.

The only difference in the Al Borges version of the WCO and Zorns' version, is that at the professional level it's executed at a much faster pace. Look for Jason to meet with limited difficulty, an offense which he has recorded his greatest success. It was the Saunders offense that was not best suited for him.[/quote]

thats a good post right there.:goodjob: