Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Coles Says Jets Lied to Him (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22586)

hagams 02-20-2008 06:59 AM

Re: Coles Says Jets Lied to Him

[quote=SBXVII;423271]Poor Coles. I liked him as a Redskin. I think he needed a good Doc. to fix his toe and stay off of it. In any event, didn't he leave the team bad mouthing the owner and organization? Didn't he say something along the lines of " I should never have left the Jets" also. Have fun Coles enjoy the team you should have never left.[/quote]

Poor-Coles-My-Ass. This guy is a bum. He doesn't deserve Brandon Lloyd money, wait....neither did Lloyd.

He Hate Me 02-20-2008 07:40 AM

Didn't this guy want out of Washington in the worst way? And didn't he bend us over with the money that we had to pay him? No thank you Coles! Stay with the Sh*tty Jets!

GMScud 02-20-2008 11:59 AM

[quote=hagams;424211]Poor-Coles-My-Ass. This guy is a bum. He doesn't deserve Brandon Lloyd money, wait....neither did Lloyd.[/quote]

That's a lame response. A bum? Did you really compare him to Brandon Lloyd? Do you watch football?

Over the past three seasons Coles has 219 catches, 2589 yards, and 17 touchdowns. That's an average of 73 catches, 863 yards, and about 6 TDs a year. Are those "bum" numbers? He played hurt in all of '07 (no doubt he's tougher than Santana the Hammy), and is one season removed from a 91 catch 1100 yard campaign in '06 when he was healthy with a steady QB.

Over that same span, Santana has 200 catches, 3081 yards, and 18 TDs. Almost identical, although Moss has barely eclipsed 800 yards receiving since his stellar '05 season.

Regardless, they have almost identical numbers since swapping teams, although overall the past two seasons Coles has clearly outplayed Moss, in yards, catches, and touchdowns. So is Moss a "bum" then too?

I don't know why this is so hard for everyone to see. He was made to believe something by the Jets front office, and now they're clearly reneging on whatever it was. Is this so hard to believe after what they did to Pete Kendall? Hell, we were direct recipients of the deceit of the Jets FO in that case. Coles isn't pulling a Latrell Sprewell here. He's simply saying he was assured something, and has given enough to the Jets over the past three years to earn what they promised him.

So he wasn't happy in Washington. I guess that automatically makes him a bad guy and we should trash him, right?

firstdown 02-20-2008 12:37 PM

[quote=GMScud;424306]That's a lame response. A bum? Did you really compare him to Brandon Lloyd? Do you watch football?

Over the past three seasons Coles has 219 catches, 2589 yards, and 17 touchdowns. That's an average of 73 catches, 863 yards, and about 6 TDs a year. Are those "bum" numbers? He played hurt in all of '07 (no doubt he's tougher than Santana the Hammy), and is one season removed from a 91 catch 1100 yard campaign in '06 when he was healthy with a steady QB.

Over that same span, Santana has 200 catches, 3081 yards, and 18 TDs. Almost identical, although Moss has barely eclipsed 800 yards receiving since his stellar '05 season.

Regardless, they have almost identical numbers since swapping teams, although overall the past two seasons Coles has clearly outplayed Moss, in yards, catches, and touchdowns. So is Moss a "bum" then too?

I don't know why this is so hard for everyone to see. He was made to believe something by the Jets front office, and now they're clearly reneging on whatever it was. Is this so hard to believe after what they did to Pete Kendall? Hell, we were direct recipients of the deceit of the Jets FO in that case. Coles isn't pulling a Latrell Sprewell here. He's simply saying he was assured something, and has given enough to the Jets over the past three years to earn what they promised him.

So he wasn't happy in Washington. I guess that automatically makes him a bad guy and we should trash him, right?[/quote]
Maybe Coles assumed that when the Jets said they would take care of him he was thinking contract extension and the Jets where thinking guaranteeing his money. We do not know and we only have Coles side of the story but his history tells us something. Jets gave him his chance, he bolted for more money, skins gave him more money, he did not get the catches so he bolts again. Both times ragging on the team he left. Coles has talent but it seems he wants every thing his way and if that does not happen then he complains.

GMScud 02-20-2008 12:51 PM

[quote=firstdown;424329]Maybe Coles assumed that when the Jets said they would take care of him he was thinking contract extension and the Jets where thinking guaranteeing his money. We do not know and we only have Coles side of the story but his history tells us something. Jets gave him his chance, he bolted for more money, skins gave him more money, he did not get the catches so he bolts again. Both times ragging on the team he left. Coles has talent but it seems he wants every thing his way and if that does not happen then he complains.[/quote]

What you're saying is true. Coles kind of has set his own precedent. But so did the Jets with the Pete Kendall thing. Coles said he wants to know where he's going to spend the rest of his career. To me that means he was promised an extension, not just guaranteed money. Whatever. No one will ever know. Coles is a complainer but he sure as hell doesn't slack on the field. Based on the Kendall thing, I kind of believe Coles.

MTK 02-20-2008 01:58 PM

For the quality of player that Coles is he sure has made a boatload of $$ in this league. Very solid player but he's definitely been overpaid. Not that it's his fault though.

Paintrain 02-20-2008 04:57 PM

He's a Pro Bowl complainer.. I'm tired of him bitching about his contracts and roles in the offense. I'm probably more of a player apologist who hates the 'just shut up and play' mentality than most people on the board. In his case however, Coles, STFU!

firstdown 02-20-2008 05:00 PM

[quote=GMScud;424335]What you're saying is true. Coles kind of has set his own precedent. But so did the Jets with the Pete Kendall thing. Coles said he wants to know where he's going to spend the rest of his career. To me that means he was promised an extension, not just guaranteed money. Whatever. No one will ever know. Coles is a complainer but he sure as hell doesn't slack on the field. Based on the Kendall thing, I kind of believe Coles.[/quote]
Well all teams have problems with players like Kendall situation so thats does not mean that Coles is the same situation. How many players at age 30 know where they will finish playing football? I'd say not very many. So what if they offer him a new deal which he does not like and could cost him money from the guaranteed money they have offered. He just pouts again. The only thing that will make Coles happy is that guaranteed money along with his new deal which at 30 is a risk for the team. Its not like they have been paying him rookie type money and now he wants a big deal. He has had his big deals and performed below what he has received. I'd like to know what he has received between the Skins and the Jets over the past 5 to 7 years. I'm sure its much more than he has earned.

Giantone 02-20-2008 07:24 PM

Just a point of fact, even with small deals if Coles was a people person he'd make a killing on endorsements in the New York area,it's one reason Shockey does'nt want to leave.

killromo 02-21-2008 10:28 AM

What's this 2010 uncapped year? No salary cap? Man I hope 6 flags makes a killing these next 2 years. Save ur $$ for 2010 Snyder.