Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lets overpay for Jared Allen (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22589)

GMScud 02-20-2008 12:16 PM

Re: Lets overpay for Jared Allen

[quote=Mattyk72;424226]I'm officially on board with going after Hackett. Yes he's had injury issues but when healthy the guy is a player and he won't cost us a ton either.

He's got good size (6'2, 208) and he's only 26. I think he's a good gamble.[/quote]

So my question is, if we got Hackett, would we still go after a WR in the draft? I say no. Seattle's pass offense is one of the best around, with average names like Bobby Engram catching 90+ balls. Obviously we need a big wideout who can contribute. Can Hackett fill that role? I say yes, and he can help Moss and ARE get up to speed quickly. If we snagged Hackett, IMO that would open the door to go after a CB or D-lineman in the first round.

Between Moss, ARE, and Cooley we have a mountain of money tied up in pass catchers. Hackett is a sound move. Like you said Matty, he's big, young, and knows the offense and Zorn. And he went to the same high school as Bill & Ted- San Dimas High School football rules!!

SmootSmack 02-20-2008 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;424271]i really don't want to do this.... but my friend told me Atlanta is trying to trade Dangelo Hall. if we could do this without losing a first round pick, i would do this in a heartbeat. he has been to the pro bowl twice, and i think he is only 24. sorry, no link[/QUOTE]

We talked about this a few months ago I think. Falcons have been shopping Hall around now for a while. They reportedly offered him to the Redskins around the trading deadline for a first rounder. They got a quick no from the Skins.

MTK 02-20-2008 12:28 PM

[quote=GMScud;424313][B]So my question is, if we got Hackett, would we still go after a WR in the draft? I say no.[/B] Seattle's pass offense is one of the best around, with average names like Bobby Engram catching 90+ balls. Obviously we need a big wideout who can contribute. Can Hackett fill that role? I say yes, and he can help Moss and ARE get up to speed quickly. If we snagged Hackett, IMO that would open the door to go after a CB or D-lineman in the first round.

Between Moss, ARE, and Cooley we have a mountain of money tied up in pass catchers. Hackett is a sound move. Like you said Matty, he's big, young, and knows the offense and Zorn. And he went to the same high school as Bill & Ted- San Dimas High School football rules!![/quote]

I would say no to that too.

I would feel ok with a WR corps of something like Moss, Hackett, Randle El, Mix, and Espy.

Daseal 02-20-2008 12:31 PM

This is why I hate how our threads get this long. How does a Jared Allen thread turn into Hackett talk?

GMScud 02-20-2008 12:35 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;424325]I would say no to that too.

I would feel ok with a WR corps of something like Moss, Hackett, Randle El, Mix, and Espy.[/quote]

I agree, although I'd like to see Caldwell get a chance to compete for a roster spot too. I know there are a lot of Espy fans around here, but Caldwell has more experience and polish. I hope Mix works his ass off in OTAs and gets together for some offseason workouts with Cambpell. The guy is 6-5 235lbs. How fun would it be to see him, well, in the mix?

GMScud 02-20-2008 12:39 PM

[quote=Daseal;424326]This is why I hate how our threads get this long. How does a Jared Allen thread turn into Hackett talk?[/quote]

LOL. This thread hasn't been about Jared Allen for about 40 posts. It should be called the Allen/Beemnseven vs. SmootSmack/DJ Hackett hybrid. Or something like that.

MTK 02-20-2008 01:53 PM

[quote=GMScud;424328]I agree, although I'd like to see Caldwell get a chance to compete for a roster spot too. I know there are a lot of Espy fans around here, but Caldwell has more experience and polish. I hope Mix works his ass off in OTAs and gets together for some offseason workouts with Cambpell. The guy is 6-5 235lbs. How fun would it be to see him, well, in the mix?[/quote]

Caldwell might not be back due to injury concerns, something about chronic knee problems.