Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   released/ waived players (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22600)

dmek25 02-19-2008 08:00 AM

released/ waived players

i know its the off season. but we probably don't need a new thread about every player that's cut. the only players worth discussing, in my opinion, are the salary cap casualties. and even then, the skins are limited, because of the money that most of these guys are demanding. if a player gets cut, 99% of the time its because of a couple of things. their play has deteriorated. they cant stay healthy. or they simply cant play at a high level any more. are these the types of players we really want in Washington? and if we must keep posting this, lets merge it into one giant thread, just about these washed up, released players. ok, my rant is done. just wondering if others are feeling the same thing?

Longtimefan 02-19-2008 10:49 AM

Re: released/ waived players

You make a good point dmek25, but that's the way it is here this time of year. Every player with a recognized name released from any, and every team around the league, someone thinks should somehow be able to help the Redskins, and brought to Redskin Park. It seems to be a never ending discussion.

BeastsoftheNFCeast 02-19-2008 10:49 AM

not feeling you on this one. I feel that its the offseason, and Im lacking my football crave. There's basically nothing going on, and any bit of info is appreciated. Not only that, but even if it wasnt the offseason, id still want to know because I want to boost my overall football knowlege, and that includes the obscure players.

Ruhskins 02-19-2008 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;423851]i know its the off season. but we probably don't need a new thread about every player that's cut. the only players worth discussing, in my opinion, are the salary cap casualties. and even then, the skins are limited, because of the money that most of these guys are demanding. if a player gets cut, 99% of the time its because of a couple of things. their play has deteriorated. they cant stay healthy. or they simply cant play at a high level any more. are these the types of players we really want in Washington? and if we must keep posting this, lets merge it into one giant thread, just about these washed up, released players. ok, my rant is done. just wondering if others are feeling the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Agreed with your comments, which is why I think the Muhsin Muhammad thread is ridiculous (or the Zach Thomas). There are plenty of good Free Agents that won't cost us much, and we have most of our picks, let's use these two avenues to get players.

SmootSmack 02-19-2008 08:42 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;423851]i know its the off season. but we probably don't need a new thread about every player that's cut. the only players worth discussing, in my opinion, are the salary cap casualties. and even then, the skins are limited, because of the money that most of these guys are demanding. if a player gets cut, 99% of the time its because of a couple of things. their play has deteriorated. they cant stay healthy. or they simply cant play at a high level any more. are these the types of players we really want in Washington? and if we must keep posting this, lets merge it into one giant thread, just about these washed up, released players. ok, my rant is done. just wondering if others are feeling the same thing?[/QUOTE]

I agree that not every player merits a thread. At the same time, not every move necessarily means the Redskins should go or are planning to go after them but are still thread worthy.

Case in point, when NFL Network said yesterday that the Eagles had given Lito Sheppard permission to seek a trade I thought it was thread worthy because he's a young, starting DB on a division opponent. What's the saying? Know thy enemy.

But I never at any point said this is someone we should trade for, and more importantly no mention was ever made that the Redskins were showing interest in making a trade for him. Yet someone made some comment about this once again being the Redskins' creed of going after overpriced players. But I don't think I (or anyone else who starts a similar thread) should be discouraged from starting such threads because of assumptions.

skinsfan69 02-19-2008 09:34 PM

[quote=BeastsoftheNFCeast;423895]not feeling you on this one. I feel that its the offseason, and Im lacking my football crave. There's basically nothing going on, and any bit of info is appreciated. Not only that, but even if it wasnt the offseason, id still want to know because I want to boost my overall football knowlege, and that includes the obscure players.[/quote]

Sorry bro but Derek Smith DOES NOT deserve a thread. Neither does 45 year old Mushin Muhamhed.

djnemo65 02-20-2008 12:40 AM

Yeah I agree that not every player merits a thread but in the case that someone does decide to advocate signing a certain player by authoring such a thread, or at least expresses an interest in the site's opinion of said player coming to the Redskins, it's not necessary for so many people to freak out and write some hackneyed crap on continuity or Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders.

Sometimes ignoring a thread is a perfectly acceptible move.

81forHOF 02-20-2008 06:09 AM

Do you think that Dan the Super Fan and Vinny C's past history might have something to do with this trend?

I agree that these threads seem a bit silly at times but I also think you need to lighten up. After all, that is why were here....to discuss topics.

That being said, I think Derek Smith would be a nice vet back up insurance policy if the price was right. We should of never let him go in the first place.

MTK 02-20-2008 08:29 AM

We definitely don't need to discuss every name that hits the wire but at the same time it's the offseason. What else is there to do? Let's just try to be smart about things.

724Skinsfan 02-20-2008 08:35 AM

[quote=djnemo65;424196][B]Sometimes ignoring a thread is a perfectly acceptible move.[/B][/quote]

I elect this to be The Warpath's Official Offseason Motto.