Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   giants trying to trade 31st pick for cb hall (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22634)

Paintrain 02-22-2008 01:06 PM

Re: giants trying to trade 31st pick for cb hall

[QUOTE=QBall;425107]I said no. Go through Draft. You made comments about the offense that I disagree with also. We're still going to run allot more than you think. I guess lets just wait and see. Wanna bet me?

I say we run 40-45% in 08'. 100 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I agree we'll run 40-45%.. I stressed I didn't think we're going to be like Martz throwing the rock 60 times a game.. Like I said, 3 & 4 WR will help the running game also.

I don't think we are going to see the same [b][i]type[/b][/i] of running game we saw in the past. We're not going to see Lorenzo Alexander (or anyone else for that matter) going in motion as a 3rd TE next year.. We're not going to see super jumbo sets at midfield next year.

We're going to see 4 WR, singleback sets, we're going to see a pro set with FB and HB lined up next to each other, we're going to see 3 WR and an I-formation..

If you go back and watch the Washington/Seattle playoff game (as I have since Zorn was hired) the difference in offensive SETS is huge. We were 2 or 3 TE for probably 60% of the game. They were 3 wide, 4 wide (and running the ball from those sets) for 70% of the game.. We will look drastically different in '08.

SFREDSKIN 02-22-2008 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=firstdown;425097]And you know that how?[/QUOTE]

Here you go and by the way anyone that supports an animal abuser like Michael Vick is no good.

[url=http://football.about.com/b/2007/09/24/falcons-burned-by-another-virginia-tech-player.htm]Falcons Burned by Another Virginia Tech Player[/url]

dansadonkey 02-22-2008 01:12 PM

What ever the play calling it can not be any worse then our predictable calling over the past 4 years. I hope we never see that 2 tight ends 1 wr set ever again on first down.

firstdown 02-22-2008 01:31 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;425113]Here you go and by the way anyone that supports an animal abuser like Michael Vick is no good.

[URL="http://football.about.com/b/2007/09/24/falcons-burned-by-another-virginia-tech-player.htm"]Falcons Burned by Another Virginia Tech Player[/URL][/quote]
So now if a guy losses it in a game or on the field because he is fustrated playing for such a bad team he becomes a punk? What he did was wrong but its not like he has a history of blowing up on the field. I can fully understand a player getting fustrated playing for a bad team and the ones that don't get fustrated concern me more. As for backing Vick. He has played football with Vick for a very long time (like 6 or 7 years) Vick is his friend and some people do not think dog fighting is all that wrong. I think its very wrong and Vick got what he deserved but other people grow up around this type of stuff and don't think twice about what they are doing. Heck even Clinton Portis took up for Vick until he found out that was not a smart thing to do and I think CP is a pretty good guy.

dansadonkey 02-22-2008 01:37 PM

Don't worry, Vick is getting his pay back now. He is finding out the true meaning of the phrase DOGGIE STYLE right about now.

freddyg12 02-22-2008 01:42 PM

[quote=firstdown;425118]So now if a guy losses it in a game or on the field because he is fustrated playing for such a bad team he becomes a punk? What he did was wrong but its not like he has a history of blowing up on the field. I can fully understand a player getting fustrated playing for a bad team and the ones that don't get fustrated concern me more. As for backing Vick. He has played football with Vick for a very long time (like 6 or 7 years) Vick is his friend and some people do not think dog fighting is all that wrong. I think its very wrong and Vick got what he deserved but other people grow up around this type of stuff and don't think twice about what they are doing. Heck even Clinton Portis took up for Vick until he found out that was not a smart thing to do and I think CP is a pretty good guy.[/quote]

Ironically, I agree w/your points here; a bad day in which a guy loses his cool can be excused. And supporting Vick isn't any big deal IMO, unless of course you say there's nothing wrong w/what Vick did (good point about CP's reaction when it went down). Hall wasn't the only player that did so & it was basically a symbolic show of frienship, not a pro dogfighting endorsement.

However, I think Hall has more skeletons in the closet than this 1 game. Word around VT was that he was a bad influence on that team, very selfish & unpopular among teamates. I'm just going on heresy, but since he's been in Atl. his rep. hasn't improved. Did he ever own up to the penalties in the carolina game?

Of course as fans we usually don't know any more than what we can get on tv, but based on that & his history, he's at least earned some skepticism.

QBall 02-22-2008 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=Paintrain;425112]I agree we'll run 40-45%.. I stressed I didn't think we're going to be like Martz throwing the rock 60 times a game.. Like I said, 3 & 4 WR will help the running game also.

I don't think we are going to see the same [b][i]type[/b][/i] of running game we saw in the past. We're not going to see Lorenzo Alexander (or anyone else for that matter) going in motion as a 3rd TE next year.. We're not going to see super jumbo sets at midfield next year.

We're going to see 4 WR, singleback sets, we're going to see a pro set with FB and HB lined up next to each other, we're going to see 3 WR and an I-formation..

If you go back and watch the Washington/Seattle playoff game (as I have since Zorn was hired) the difference in offensive SETS is huge. We were 2 or 3 TE for probably 60% of the game. They were 3 wide, 4 wide (and running the ball from those sets) for 70% of the game.. We will look drastically different in '08.[/QUOTE]

Ok I agree with some points. Be careful to not only judge the playoff game against us. That may have been a matchup they were trying to exploit. Look at what happened in NE when teams spread us out. Hawks should have put us away in first half, we were off balance on both sides.

That's why a CB may be such a high priority!

I feel if Jason Campbell was our QB in that game our offense would have looked better, his quickness and scrabble will be key.

Our Offensive Coordinator from Titans and has been there for 13 years. I think our offense going to look more like Titans West Coast than Seattle.

And that is not DRASTICALLY different from what Gibbs ran.

firstdown 02-22-2008 02:45 PM

[quote=freddyg12;425120]Ironically, I agree w/your points here; a bad day in which a guy loses his cool can be excused. And supporting Vick isn't any big deal IMO, unless of course you say there's nothing wrong w/what Vick did (good point about CP's reaction when it went down). Hall wasn't the only player that did so & it was basically a symbolic show of frienship, not a pro dogfighting endorsement.

However, I think Hall has more skeletons in the closet than this 1 game. Word around VT was that he was a bad influence on that team, very selfish & unpopular among teamates. I'm just going on heresy, but since he's been in Atl. his rep. hasn't improved. Did he ever own up to the penalties in the carolina game?

Of course as fans we usually don't know any more than what we can get on tv, but based on that & his history, he's at least earned some skepticism.[/quote]
Well owning up to those penalties is a no brainer because of what he did and I'm not sure what you own up to when its so obvious to what went down. As far as VT I'm from Va and do follow them somewhat. I have friends who are big fans and I do not recall them ever talking about Hall and any issues while on the team. That does not mean there were none but I do not judge people on hearsay. Not sure why I'm talking about this because I really don't care about it one way or the other. LOL

ecupirate08 02-22-2008 03:54 PM

if we dont pick up hall, we better get one hell of a wr in the off season. It looks like hes going somewhere in the division. And dispite his attitude, he is one of the elite corners in the league

Giantone 02-22-2008 06:27 PM

[quote=downtown4life;425001]He's another TO, cries when things dont go his way. Gets into fights with his coordinators. Please dont bring him in.[/quote]

An awful lot of Giant fans feel the same way!

diehardskin2982 02-22-2008 08:10 PM

Hall is worth more than the 31st pick. He is a franchise CB. I would give up the 21st in a second for Hall. the kid can play!

skinsfan_nn 02-22-2008 08:42 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;425217]Hall is worth more than the 31st pick. He is a franchise CB. I would give up the 21st in a second for Hall. the kid can play![/quote]

If it where only that easy. In the Giants case it would be a 31st pick in the first round, plus the contract Hall is seeking OR draft pick, plus picking up his current contract (a lot of potential negative factors). In our case the scenario would likely be a 21st pick in the first round, plus in the neighborhood of 8-10 million per year, the kind of cash Hall is seeking.

Big bucks, especially for a team like the Skins, with cap issues being resolved now. This might be a hard deal for most teams to pull off, due to the loss of draft pick and the kind of cash Hall is seeking, I believe he currently only has one year left on his contract with Atlanta.

I don't see him being approached by the Skins due to the loss of a 1st rounder and his potential cost. This could be a tuff deal for most teams to work through. Unless a first round draft pick/money is not a factor or out weighed by the need of a upper end CB.

XXVI 02-22-2008 11:05 PM

We need to stop worrying about wideout so much. We got Reche and Anthony Mix. Mix I think will be a decent possesion reciever. He's 6'6'' for gods sake. Just throw a Randy Moss ball, he doesn't have to be fast. Lol...

That Guy 02-22-2008 11:39 PM

for the talent, the 21 pick is a great deal for us, but the bad rep has been justly earned and it's hard to judge it's effects on the team. he's better than any CBs in the draft, but i'm still wary of his personality issues, which makes it a tough call.

if we give him a contract where we can void or trade him without a huge penalty, it'd make it easier, but you'd still lose out if you had to use it (lower trade value, less interest, wasted pick, etc).

if we could get him and trade springs, that might make it a little more bearable... when in doubt, pass though. no move is better than a bad move.

Paintrain 02-23-2008 07:49 AM

I usually hate when people post things like this but I hope my time on the board and rep gives me some credibility on this one.. I flew into Atlanta last night and Alge Crumpler & his agent were at the same baggage claim with me (they just got in from Indy), I ended up sitting next to the agent on the rental car bus & talking NFL for a few minutes.. Crumpler is headed to TB, Tenn or Seattle, Dunn is likely next to be cut by Atlanta (they are trying to get all of the vocal guys out of the locker room) and D. Hall is "90% sure" to be headed to the NYG..