Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eagles going to cut DE Jevon Kearse (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22655)

DC52 02-23-2008 05:17 PM

Eagles going to cut DE Jevon Kearse

At 11:20 PM Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reported Eagles DE Jevon Kearse refused to take a pay cut and thus will be released from the team. Even though he has had some injury concerns in the past he is still worth considering. When he comes back healthy he's a monsterous pass rusher and could provide some veteren presence. Plus he's not as expensive as he once was to pick up. We should give him some consideration because if he is signed we could draft a tall and fast WR in the first round of the draft to help our offense out or a shutdown corner to eventually replace Shawn Springs.

Dirtbag59 02-23-2008 05:23 PM

Re: Eagles going to cut DE Jevon Kearse

I don't know if Blache will go for it. One it looks like they're going to take a DE in the first two rounds of the draft (probably first) and they would rather split snaps between the rookie, Wilson, and Phillip Daniels rather then split snaps between Kearse/Daniels/Rooke/Wilson. Also Blache talks about guys who are coachable and willing to learn and the only veterans who get considered by Blache are guys he has coached.

BleedBurgundy 02-23-2008 05:40 PM

he was a complete bust for them. No way.

Gmanc711 02-23-2008 05:52 PM

I'll take him for the vet min ;)

Longtimefan 02-23-2008 05:55 PM

Another often injured player who cannot stay on the field. Regardless of the talent one may bring, unless he can be accountable he's useless.

freddyg12 02-23-2008 06:04 PM

If GW were still here that might be a possibility as he played for him in Tenn. I agree that Blache is unlikely to want him now. He was inactive for a lot of games last year & I don't think it was all due to injury. He's been slowed by injuries & lost a couple steps it appears.

Kearse has had an odd career, seemed he peaked as a rookie & went downhill after that.

ripst1983_2007 02-23-2008 06:48 PM

firstly, as most of the rest of the guys said, blache will never allow it.

secondly, it doesnt make much sense to pick up kearse at this point in his career. (meaning he is old and the best thing about him is his name.)

Big C 02-23-2008 08:18 PM

no thanks. hasnt been that good for years, always injured, old now...yeah definite no for me

Redskin Warrior 02-23-2008 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=Big C;425410]no thanks. hasnt been that good for years, always injured, old now...yeah definite no for me[/QUOTE]

I 2nd that!!!

jsarno 02-24-2008 01:14 AM

He would be a MASSIVE risk. He is extremely injury prone, and has not been greatly affective in about 5 years.
He had 36 sacks in his first 3 seasons, and he played every game. (38 in total). In the 6 years since, he has played in only 63 games and even worse, in that span he's only totalled 33.5 sacks.
The man WAS immensely talented, now the injuries have taken their toll. He would not be worth the chance at all unless the contract was extremely incentive based.

JoeRedskin 02-24-2008 01:22 AM

As an aside, when Kearse first became available, the Skins were very interested in him. BUT, instead of paying premium dollar for Kearse, the FO went after Griffin and M. Washington.

Not a bad plan. We blast them so often for who they go after - it should be balanced against who they DON'T go after.

schndr_tdd 02-24-2008 09:01 AM

No way thar is our problem now,to many grandpas on the lines(both sides)

dmek25 02-24-2008 09:26 AM

no, no, and no. the majority is right. too old. too injury prone. and will want more money then he is worth

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-24-2008 09:53 AM

He will be a phillip daniels in terms of age in the next year in a half or so. age getting up there doesnt have the explosvieness anymore and is only 2 years removed from an injury that almost cost him his career so I say no.

SmootSmack 02-24-2008 10:11 AM

I totally called this back in November