Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roy Williams (WR) for a 2nd Round Pick? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22665)

Gmanc711 02-24-2008 03:13 PM

Re: Roy Williams (WR) for a 2nd Round Pick?

I'm all for keeping our picks...but I'd do that for a second rounder in a heartbeat if we had the chance.

jsarno 02-24-2008 03:29 PM

I caught this from a quote on dmek25's post (since schneed is the only person I have ever put on my ignore list, I will only see quotes of his posts.)
[quote]He'll be 27 when the 2008 season starts. [/quote]

Don't mean to be nit-picky, just want to set the record straight. He'll be 26 most of this season, and won't turn 27 until close to the end of the season, in particular, December 20th.
For once I agree with Schneed though, Roy Williams is a stud.

cpayne5 02-24-2008 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=jsarno;425596]I caught this from a quote on dmek25's post (since schneed is the only person I have ever put on my ignore list, I will only see quotes of his posts.)

Don't mean to be nit-picky, just want to set the record straight. He'll be 26 most of this season, and won't turn 27 until close to the end of the season, in particular, December 20th.
[B]For once I agree with Schneed though, this guy is a stud.[/B][/QUOTE]

Schneed's a stud, huh? It's good to see you guys reconcile. :D

On topic, yes, Roy Williams for a 2nd rounder would be a good trade.

Longtimefan 02-24-2008 03:41 PM

Roy Williams: 6'3 211lbs.

G GS Rec Yds Avg Long TD

2007 12 12 64 838 13.1 91T 5
2006 16 16 82 1,310 16.0 60T 7
2005 13 12 45 687 15.3 51T 8
2004 14 11 54 817 15.1 46 8
Total 245 3,652 14.9 91 28

dmek25 02-24-2008 03:54 PM

[quote=jsarno;425596]I caught this from a quote on dmek25's post (since [B]schneed is the only person I have ever put on my ignore list[/B], I will only see quotes of his posts.)

For once I agree with Schneed though, this guy is a stud.[/quote]
hahaha, thats hysterical

Schneed10 02-24-2008 04:00 PM

[quote=dmek25;425603]hahaha, thats hysterical[/quote]

It's for the best that he did. Anytime he tries to battle wits with me he ends up looking [URL="http://www.redskinswarpath.com/parking-lot/22571-loose-change-13.html#post423712"]foolish[/URL].

T.O.Killa 02-24-2008 04:03 PM

[quote=dmek25;425541]i don't understand why everyone is jumping all over Williams for a second round pick. when Hall is available, for a first rounder, and far the more proven player. is there that much of a difference between the 2 picks? in my opinion, we need a corner far more then we need a wide out. and i think there is more to Williams just wanting out of Detroit[/quote]
Hey I am giving up this years second for Williams and this years first for Hall with out even the slightest thought. Two young players that are know quantities, that a bargain. Wide recievers more than any player, can turn out to be busts. So many are picked in the top ten and dont pan out. Hall is what you hope for from a top five pick. Get'em both done.

Schneed10 02-24-2008 04:04 PM

[quote=dmek25;425593]nice analysis. no need to be an ass, though. i just think there is more to the story, as far as Detroit wanting to unload him[/quote]

My apologies on the snide remark. Was just a little surprised to hear anyone suggest he was anything short of the cream of the crop at his position.

If there's a reason he wants out of Detroit, my guess is he simply thinks the team sucks, and he'd like to push a trade to a team who'd be willing to rework his deal and give him his big signing bonus now (as opposed to him waiting for free agency and the possibility of getting tagged by Detroit).

He's probably afraid of getting stuck in Detroit for his whole career.

Campbell17 02-24-2008 04:05 PM

Sounds good to me, but I dont want to over pay for him. I'd think he would have a higher value, but then I realized the Lions are gonna draft another receiver this year anyway, fifth year in a row. :D

schndr_tdd 02-24-2008 04:16 PM

What happens if next year there is a player that we really need ,will cost a 2nd round and we dont have it.No to trades for picks,no to the free agency,and no more restructure of contracts.Through the draft is what we need to do.Case in point,look what Green Bay did this year with the(i believe)the youngest team in the NFL.We have to start drafting young,energetic talent to mix with experienced starters.

Redskin Warrior 02-24-2008 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;425593]nice analysis. no need to be an ass, though. i just think there is more to the story, as far as Detroit wanting to unload him[/QUOTE]

Imm with dmek on this one there something to this trade it might be injury related.

T.O.Killa 02-24-2008 04:29 PM

I am pretty sure that we will be agressively making trades. Cerrato said that there will be more trades this year than ever, because the free agent pool will be so over valued. When they start saying they are not going after free agents, that means they will be doing alot of trading. Hopefully, we can thow in Lloyd just to get him of the roster.

scafuri27 02-24-2008 05:45 PM

detroit wanting to unload a top tier WR after all of the trouble they had in the draft and how much their franchise was set back by recent first rd wr busts?? it does sound fishy for a 2nd rd pick.. but that is the going rate when Owens was traded from SF to BAL it was for a 2nd round pick..if the chance is there we should take it Roy Williams is an elite WR

TheMalcolmConnection 02-24-2008 05:58 PM

My question is if Detroit is wanting a second right now, and the Cowboys having Glenn and TO at the end of their careers, why not give up that late first round pick and trump everyone else for Williams?

Not only that, it would give them two, so that way we could at least discern by saying, "No, not that Roy, the good one."

CPAlltheWay012 02-24-2008 06:12 PM

I just updated this thread...

Rod Marinelli is responding to rumors:

[url=http://info.detnews.com/redesign/blogs/lionsblog/index.cfm]DETNEWS | Weblog | Lions Blog[/url]