Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Blood supplies short -- give if you can. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22703)

Daseal 02-27-2008 03:46 PM

Blood supplies short -- give if you can.

Hey Guys,

Just got back from the local iNova hospital here in Fairfax. I know everyone is busy, but it really doesn't take long to give blood. Most everyone can give blood (except if you've had sex with another man in the past 5 years, sorry TMC you have to stay home.) and it doesn't take long at all!

Plus, maybe other people giving blood will entertain you with stories about how eating squirrel is like eating rat.

JGisLordOfTheRings 02-27-2008 03:54 PM

Re: Blood supplies short -- give if you can.

[quote=Daseal;426746]Hey Guys,

Just got back from the local iNova hospital here in Fairfax. I know everyone is busy, but it really doesn't take long to give blood. Most everyone can give blood [B](except if you've had sex with another man in the past 5 years, sorry TMC you have to stay home.)[/B] and it doesn't take long at all!

Plus, maybe other people giving blood will entertain you with stories about how eating squirrel is like eating rat.[/quote]

Haha....that was wrong.

MTK 02-27-2008 04:04 PM

I would if I could, I've got deep veins and it's always been hard to get blood outta me.

Good idea for a thread though.

DynamiteRave 02-27-2008 04:34 PM

Just got back from the local iNova hospital here in Fairfax. I know everyone is busy, but it really doesn't take long to give blood. [B]Most everyone can give blood (except if you've had sex with another man in the past 5 years, sorry TMC you have to stay home.)[/B] and it doesn't take long at all!

Plus, maybe other people giving blood will entertain you with stories about how eating squirrel is like eating rat.[/quote]

And if you're smoking weed! :P

I gave blood about 4 years ago. One of the best decisions in my life. Easy to do and makes ya feel good in the end. Especially since I'm a Black female, my blood can go to sickle cell patients. I believe my school is holding a blood drive later this Spring. Which is when I'm gonna give blood again. I recommend doing it!

dmek25 02-27-2008 04:37 PM

our work hosts a blood drive once a year. so i give when they are here. good thread

Daseal 02-27-2008 04:52 PM

[quote]I gave blood about 4 years ago. One of the best decisions in my life. Easy to do and makes ya feel good in the end. Especially since I'm a Black female, my blood can go to sickle cell patients. I believe my school is holding a blood drive later this Spring. Which is when I'm gonna give blood again. I recommend doing it![/quote]

I have the sickle cell. Well, I'm sold on it. I read it on WebMD. My doctor told me I couldn't have it because I'm not black, I called him a racist and stormed out.

DynamiteRave 02-27-2008 07:06 PM

[quote=Daseal;426812]I have the sickle cell. Well, I'm sold on it. I read it on WebMD. My doctor told me I couldn't have it because I'm not black, I called him a racist and stormed out.[/quote]

Sickle-cell disease occurs more commonly in people (or their descendants) from parts of the world such as sub-Saharan Africa, where malaria is or was common, but it also occurs in people of other ethnicities.

Well it could happen if you have any Africans in your family tree...?

Hijinx 02-27-2008 07:35 PM

I have tried to give in the past but I have deep veins. Nurses go crazy just getting a sample for testing.

drew54 02-27-2008 07:44 PM

I need to start giving again. I had a rookie nurse hit a nerve with the needle last time. Needless to say my entire arm was numb and would radiate pain if I lifted it above my head. This lasted for about a week, and I have been traumatized since.

Frost 02-27-2008 10:02 PM

[quote=drew54;426857]I need to start giving again. I had a rookie nurse hit a nerve with the needle last time. Needless to say my entire arm was numb and would radiate pain if I lifted it above my head. This lasted for about a week, and I have been traumatized since.[/quote]

ROFL, LOL that was fing funny made me laugh for about 3 min

djnemo65 02-28-2008 01:01 AM

I actually can't give because I lived in England in the 80's, which is good for me because I am petrified of needles. I tried to give once and I was literally sweating buckets and was so relieved when they told me I wasn't eligible.

That Guy 02-28-2008 03:01 AM

everytime i give blood it takes 40-60minutes (LOW blood pressure). my employer is big on it though ;)

TheMalcolmConnection 02-28-2008 04:38 PM

Just got back from the local iNova hospital here in Fairfax. I know everyone is busy, but it really doesn't take long to give blood. Most everyone can give blood ([B][I]except if you've had sex with another man in the past 5 years, sorry TMC you have to stay home.[/I][/B]) and it doesn't take long at all!

I thought that was OUR special night. :(

Monksdown 02-28-2008 04:49 PM

Does THC content prohibit my donation? No joke, id love to donate, but have always hesitated because of that.

JCampbell17 03-04-2008 09:58 AM

good point