Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brunell's contract voided (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22714)

MTK 02-28-2008 09:53 AM

Brunell's contract voided

Link: [url=http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080228/SPORTS01/459554695&template=nextpage]Cartwright waiting for a chance to run*-*-*The Washington Times, America's Newspaper[/url]

[B]Note [/B]— The Redskins voided quarterback Mark Brunell's contract, saving $3.4 million against the salary cap and getting them under the $116 million limit more than 30 hours before tomorrow's 11:59 p.m. deadline. It doesn't mean the 37-year-old won't return, but if he does, it will be at a lower price than his previously slated $6.5 million.

QBall 02-28-2008 09:56 AM

Re: Brunell's contract voided

Thanks for the playoff run in 05' and your completion record was cool to watch.

But its time to say goodbye to the pump faking, slow moving, ball tapping, short throwing, great locker room and team QB!

MTK 02-28-2008 09:58 AM

He could still return. If Collins leaves I think we'll look to bring MB back at a much cheaper price.

QBall 02-28-2008 10:01 AM

Don't see him back. Think he's done here. That was Gibbs guy and if Zorn loses Collins we'll sign another veteran he picks.

JoeRedskin 02-28-2008 10:01 AM

If he comes back, fine. I am no hater.

If not, thanks for the Ring of Shame game and the 2005 playoff run. Regardless of your play, you were always a class act.

Bill B 02-28-2008 10:03 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;427043]He could still return. If Collins leaves I think we'll look to bring MB back at a much cheaper price.[/quote]

Matty - something like the old board favorite saying - vet min? Or do backup qb's typically get around $1 million?

mooby 02-28-2008 10:06 AM

Well he's got my respect for everything he did for the team, he gave me some pretty damn good memories. If he's back then that's fine and cool with me, but if not I wish him luck elsewhere.

skinsfan_nn 02-28-2008 10:06 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;427043]He could still return. If Collins leaves I think we'll look to bring MB back at a much cheaper price.[/quote]

Agreed. If Collins gets picked up. I expect to see Mark back with a #2 QB contract, (fairly low money deal). IMO he would be just fine in that role, espicially in a west coast system.

wolfeskins 02-28-2008 10:07 AM

[quote=JoeRedskin;427047]If he comes back, fine. I am no hater.

If not, thanks for the Ring of Shame game and the 2005 playoff run. Regardless of your play, you were always a class act.[/quote]

nice little post. i agree 100%.

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 02-28-2008 10:22 AM

I just think that we need to rid ourselves of all of the Gibbs players excluding Portis, Moss, Washington, Griffin. If this is going to be Zorn's team for years to come then he needs to bring in his own personnel to make his system run. We need to get more of Zorn's personnel for his west coast offense as well as coaches. I believe next year we will pursue the Eagles's QB coach to be our QB coach cause I believe that Zorn just has to much on his plate for a rookie head coach.

wolfeskins 02-28-2008 10:30 AM

[quote=Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor;427060]I just think that we need to rid ourselves of all of the Gibbs players excluding Portis, Moss, Washington, Griffin. If this is going to be Zorn's team for years to come then he needs to bring in his own personnel to make his system run. We need to get more of Zorn's personnel for his west coast offense as well as coaches. I believe next year we will pursue the Eagles's QB coach to be our QB coach cause I believe that Zorn just has to much on his plate for a rookie head coach.[/quote]

so...who exactly do you want them to get rid of ? besides brunell.

J. Spanky 02-28-2008 10:44 AM

hopefully brunell will return at a more reasonable salary. apparently gus frerotte has been cut by st. louis. so i'm sure they'll be inquiring about collins if they haven't already (probably have).

i'd rather have brunell than dilfer, personally. i like him in a stop gap role. i'd still like to see us get a younger back up somewhere though. maybe an undrafted rookie if we can find someone worth developing. maybe even a 6th rounder but i think we have greater needs to address with our draft picks.

but if, say, colt brennan drops as far as some are predicting him to, and we can snag him in the 4th round. i'd say go for it.

bigm29 02-28-2008 10:46 AM

[quote=Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor;427060]I just think that we need to rid ourselves of all of the Gibbs players excluding Portis, Moss, Washington, Griffin. If this is going to be Zorn's team for years to come then he needs to bring in his own personnel to make his system run. We need to get more of Zorn's personnel for his west coast offense as well as coaches. I believe next year we will pursue the Eagles's QB coach to be our QB coach cause I believe that Zorn just has to much on his plate for a rookie head coach.[/quote]

Are you serious with this? Washington and Griffin aren't as good as they once were and I don't think Portis and Moss are either to be honest. The personel on this team is fine. We need to keep what we have, I am so sick of hearing about how we need to bring in all these west coast people. You mean to tell me that the people on our team cant run a west coast offense. Their humans they can learn. continuity is the key here. and who the hell is the eagles qb coach. why are you already looking towards the 09 offseason. youve got some thinking to do there buddy

freddyg12 02-28-2008 10:55 AM

We definitely have needs at qb. I would like to see Brunell & Collins back myself, but that's unlikely & it would mean any rookie qb would be on the practice squad, just like Palmer last year when he got picked up.

Brunell would be a fine backup in Zorn's O. I think he's got 1 more good year of backup ability left. He has the respect of his teamates here & that means a lot too. I hope to see him in b&g again.

celts32 02-28-2008 11:15 AM

If he's the backup so be it...other then Collins there is no backup out there that's going to excite anyone.