Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A song I wrote Opinions appreciated (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22781)

EARTHQUAKE2689 03-04-2008 03:21 PM

Re: A song I wrote Opinions appreciated

[quote=That Guy;429107]looks like nu-metal lyrics ;)

i could seriously write and record the music for this in a day.

lyrics aren't bad, but there are an awful lot of other songs with the same general feel (like everything linkin park's ever written, etc).[/quote]

yeah alot of songs are like this but we are trying to get different melody for it to set it apart

SmootSmack 03-04-2008 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=EARTHQUAKE2689;429111]yeah alot of songs are like this but we are trying to get different melody for it to set it apart[/QUOTE]

You guys gonna lay some beats over a sample of the Smurfs' theme song? That's tight!

firstdown 03-04-2008 04:08 PM

Sounds good. So did your girl friend dump you? LOL

EARTHQUAKE2689 03-04-2008 04:18 PM

[quote=firstdown;429147]Sounds good. So did your girl friend dump you? LOL[/quote]

nah LOL we still good

firstdown 03-04-2008 05:46 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;429152]nah LOL we still good[/quote]
Is your goal to play clubs at some point. When I was 18 a guy called me about playing in a Country band but at the time I did not even really like country. He then said they would be playing clubs and making money in about 2 months. I said "I could learn to like country". Sure enough two months latter we were booked every weekend taking one off every so often. When I agreed to play with this band I did not know these guys were well known they just neded a drummer and a bass player. I had to learn all the country beats like a country swing, a standard country beat etc... but after I knew them it all came pretty easy. The bass player had to do the same and we became best friends. After about 1 1/2 years we had argument and me the bass and rythum player dropped out to formed a new band. Little Texas was the name and we where pretty good but it fell apart after a couple of years. Me and the bass player (still my best friend) formed a band called Driving Sideways made up of younger guys and we played stuff like Hank JR, Rolling Stones, CCR, Charlie Daniels, and more up beat stuff. We had about 6 originals that were pretty good and it was cool when people would request for us to play one of our songs. That band was the best for what I liked to play and lasted a couple of years. After that band broke up my name got out as a fill in drummer and I played with several different bands for a couple of more years. I would not have changed a thing but I'm glade my playing days are pretty much over. I do play with another band about 3 times a year and thats fun but its about all I care to do. Sorry for the long post but I csught up in the past. Good luck and don't get to caught up on all the technical stuff because people really don't know what your doing. What I mean is I've seen a bunch of great mucians get all caught up trying to be so percise that they forget it for fun and most people really dont know or care. If it sounds good go with it.

PWNED 03-04-2008 05:51 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;429111]yeah alot of songs are like this but we are trying to get different melody for it to set it apart[/quote]

i think it could be something that would melt my face right off.

SmootSmack 03-04-2008 06:02 PM

Happy belated B-day PWNED!

PWNED 03-04-2008 06:03 PM

THANKS! i was just telling hooskins in the other thread that im obviously not on during the season.

i go on weekend long benders during the actual season that leave me incapable of using a keyboard or urinating in an actual toilet. the offseason is like nirvana for me. it centers me. it makes me whole.

PWNED 03-04-2008 06:04 PM

do you remember how old i am without looking?!?!

i had an awesome homecoming dance this year.

SmootSmack 03-04-2008 06:06 PM

[QUOTE=PWNED;429190]do you remember how old i am without looking?!?!

i had an awesome homecoming dance this year.[/QUOTE]

You're my nephew, of course I know!

I bet not many people know you were born on the 29th of February though

PWNED 03-04-2008 06:08 PM

i know! it really shocks some people. officially im almost 4...

EARTHQUAKE2689 03-04-2008 06:48 PM

[quote=PWNED;429181]i think it could be something that would melt my face right off.[/quote]

Ok i dont get that

PWNED 03-04-2008 07:10 PM

you sir, need to learn more about rocking faces right off.

when the rock gets to supernova point, the face melts off,

EARTHQUAKE2689 03-04-2008 08:04 PM

[quote=PWNED;429213]you sir, need to learn more about rocking faces right off.

when the rock gets to supernova point, the face melts off,[/quote]

your opinion I guess

SmootSmack 03-05-2008 10:28 AM

I've found some exclusive clips of Quake's band performing

[YT]CHILcMByD9k[/YT]

[YT]3VY2bfNtsCA[/YT]