Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Favre has decided to call it a career (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22786)

dirthogs311 03-04-2008 09:37 AM

Favre has decided to call it a career

[url=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7870944]FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Favre has decided to call it a career[/url]

gibbsisgod 03-04-2008 09:38 AM

Re: Favre has decided to call it a career

Thanks for all the memories Brett. You played the game like a kid and you played it well!

MTK 03-04-2008 09:44 AM

Wow, I'm surprised. With the Pack being a team on the rise I thought he would give it another go.

Old School 03-04-2008 09:45 AM

Guess he decided to go out on top

EARTHQUAKE2689 03-04-2008 09:46 AM

I thnk part of it was that they didnt give him another playmaker i.e. Randy Moss

SC Skins Fan 03-04-2008 09:49 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;428895]I thnk part of it was that they didnt give him another playmaker i.e. Randy Moss[/quote]

The offense seemed pretty productive without Moss last year. Driver and Jennings are both very good receivers and James Jones played well at times. I doubt that was why he hung it up.

jdlea 03-04-2008 09:58 AM

He's my favorite QB to ever play the game. I'm pretty bummed out about this one...

FRPLG 03-04-2008 10:00 AM

Good decision. Go out on top.

Hog1 03-04-2008 10:09 AM

It seems like the timing is a little strange. He has played on bad teams........and stayed. He has a Great season, and elects to retire, with the same team coming back? Go figure

BleedBurgundy 03-04-2008 10:10 AM

Yeah, good decision. Not many walk away while they still have something left in the tank. Good for him. Next stop, Canton.

The real question is, what will John Madden and the rest of the media do now without the "Gunslinger" bs to fall back on every packers game?

MTK 03-04-2008 10:11 AM

I guess he's thinking the only way to top last year is to get to the Super Bowl which obviously is not an easy thing to do.

FRPLG 03-04-2008 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=Hog1;428906]It seems like the timing is a little strange. He has played on bad teams........and stayed. He has a Great season, and elects to retire, with the same team coming back? Go figure[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he feels like that team isn't really that great and it is set up to fail. IDK.

I think he could just be ready to NOT play anymore which I think he deserves. The guy has done a lot and won everything he can so what's the point of selling another year of his lfie if he isn't into it anymore?

BleedBurgundy 03-04-2008 10:19 AM

wait a minute... portis just restructured saving us some cap room... maybe... DS has been planning to sign Favre all along. Vet minimum!

[SIZE="1"]if you think this sounds like a good idea, go back to extremeskins[/SIZE]

Redskins247 03-04-2008 10:38 AM

He has been easily my favorite non-Redskins player to watch over the years....I'll never forget that Monday Night game against the Raiders after his father died. Best wishes to him and his family.....what an incredible quarterback and football player.

SmootSmack 03-04-2008 10:46 AM

Damn, what does Mark Murphy know I guess.

I think Favre realized that it's no guarantee they'd get as far next year as they did this year. And it takes a lot of work. It's like Elway said when he retired. It's not about Sundays. It's about Monday through Saturday.