Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Please Help Me Understand (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/22853-please-help-me-understand.html)

saden1 03-10-2008 12:19 AM

Please Help Me Understand

What exactly is this guy saying? I honestly can't figure what exactly he is trying to say.

[yt]1Mq31BlASHQ[/yt]

[yt]IkxkDhY-1EY[/yt]

That Guy 03-10-2008 01:25 AM

Re: Please Help Me Understand

he's saying that he's a racist and that terrorists loves obama, so if you love terrorists, you should vote for obama.

what a guy.

dmek25 03-10-2008 07:30 AM

blah blah blah. he wants McCain to win, and will say anything he can to get him elected. what ever

724Skinsfan 03-10-2008 09:37 AM

He's saying that if Obama is elected we can expect this...

[yt]74r-_anTO4k[/yt]

And do you really want that?

JoeRedskin 03-10-2008 10:46 AM

LOL - I remember watching that the first time and thinking. "Dear God get a room." I kept expecting one of to just go down on the other. I still find it as disturbing as ever.

saden1 03-12-2008 12:06 PM

[URL="http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/12/ferraro-my-comment-wasnt-racist-it-was-a-fact/"]Stupidity has no bounds[/URL].

[QUOTE]"I said in large measure, because he is black. I said, Let me also say in 1984 - and if I have said it once, I have said it 20, 60, 100 times - in 1984, [B]if my name was Gerard Ferraro instead of Geraldine Ferraro, I would never have been the nominee for vice president[/B]" she said.

In her first interview with Daily Breeze, published late last week, Ferraro said "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. [B]And if he was a woman, he would not be in this position[/B]. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept," Ferraro told the newspaper. She also said Hillary Clinton had been the victim of a "sexist media."
[/QUOTE]

hooskins 03-12-2008 01:22 PM

Wow, lol I don't even know where to begin with that comment.

mheisig 03-12-2008 01:33 PM

All I have to say is that he sure pronounces "Islam" funny. It's like "Islim."

saden1 03-12-2008 01:33 PM

It's so stupid. The idea of Democrats complaining about the black vote is just unbelievable. When Democrats consistently take 90% of the black vote in any election it's not a problem but all of a sudden when Clinton can't convince black and white voters they should be the nominee the black vote is all of a sudden a problem. Guess what, the black vote can't get you elected president, it can help, but it can't get you into the white house. Perhaps Hillary and her cronies should get back to the business of talking about themselves and the issues and maybe they can win Colorado, Wyoming, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc.

hooskins 03-12-2008 01:38 PM

[quote=mheisig;431319]All I have to say is that he sure pronounces "Islam" funny. It's like "Islim."[/quote]

Yea like most southerns pronounce Iraq. Or any country beginning with I for the matter.

I-raq, I-ran, I-talian, while it should be pronounced with an "E" or "ah". I don't know why people don't make an effort to change that. We can get pissed at foreigners mispronouncing American things yet we can say whatever we want.

Sounds like a big double-standard.

Lady Brave 03-12-2008 01:54 PM

I'll give you I-raq & I-ran, but no one I know says I-talian. Seriously man, you need to stop "generalizing" about Southerners.

:silly:

hooskins 03-12-2008 02:00 PM

[quote=Lady Brave;431331]I'll give you I-raq & I-ran, but no one I know says I-talian. Seriously man, you need to stop "generalizing" about Southerners.

:silly:[/quote]

Fair enough I shouldn't generalize, it really isn't all southerners but many Americans.

You haven't heard I-talian lol? It is frigging hilarious, it is pretty rare though.

Another cool southern slang which I have been picking up at UVA is "y'all". One of my friends is from nashville and it funny, because once he was talking to me and asked me what "y'all" are doing today. I turned around to notice he was referring to only me. When I started laughing about it, he told me that the appropriate pluralization of "y'all" is "all y'all" which is amazing loll.

Lady Brave 03-12-2008 02:19 PM

[quote=hooskins;431335]Fair enough I shouldn't generalize, it really isn't all southerners but many Americans.

You haven't heard I-talian lol? It is frigging hilarious, it is pretty rare though.[/quote]
Oh, I've heard it. Usually the ones that say it that way are missing most of their teeth though.

[quote]Another cool southern slang which I have been picking up at UVA is "y'all". One of my friends is from nashville and it funny, because once he was talking to me and asked me what "y'all" are doing today. I turned around to notice he was referring to only me. When I started laughing about it, he told me that the appropriate pluralization of "y'all" is "all y'all" which is amazing loll.[/quote]
He's correct about the proper uses of ya'll. Go to the TN/NC mountain area and you might even hear people referred to as us'ins (we) or you'ins (another form of ya'll). When the word "reckon" becomes a normal part of your vocabulary, then you can consider yourself properly assimilated. :)

724Skinsfan 03-12-2008 02:39 PM

Shoot. We say "ya'll" and "reckon" here in Roanoke.

Anyway, I really don't understand the point that if Obama is elected the terrorist will think they have won because of his middle name? Ohhhhhhhhkay!?!? Let them think they have won, it doesn't mean they actually have won.

As far as Ferraro goes, when I first heard her statement regarding Obama they didn't include the part of her referrring to herself as not being a VP candidate if she weren't female. Now that I have heard that part I can see sort of what she's trying to say and it may make sense but unless Obama goes "Michael Jackson" on us we'll never know how effective a white candidate he would be. It's just ridiculous speculation on her part.

mheisig 03-12-2008 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=hooskins;431335]Fair enough I shouldn't generalize, it really isn't all southerners but many Americans.

You haven't heard I-talian lol? It is frigging hilarious, it is pretty rare though.

Another cool southern slang which I have been picking up at UVA is "y'all". One of my friends is from nashville and it funny, because once he was talking to me and asked me what "y'all" are doing today. I turned around to notice he was referring to only me. When I started laughing about it, he told me that the appropriate pluralization of "y'all" is "all y'all" which is amazing [B]loll[/B].[/QUOTE]

Ending a sentence in "loll" is definitely a lot more highbrow than saying "y'all."