Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   David Givens (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/22865-david-givens.html)

Campbell17 03-10-2008 11:16 PM

David Givens

He's 6'0 and big enough. I know that he has been going through some injuries but he hasn't played in a while, and we could get him cheaper. He's still 27 and he could have days ahead of him with some ok numbers. He hasnt had a quarterback that is solid in Tennessee, and was good in New England. Would you take a chance?

That Guy 03-10-2008 11:30 PM

Re: David Givens

he's never going to be very good... not sure how much cheap depth we need, but unless it's like a vet min type deal, i rather not waste money on a guy that's probably not going to play a whole lot.

jsarno 03-10-2008 11:59 PM

no thanks. He won't take the vet min, rather take a chance on a rookie than waste more money on useless wr's.

ps- 6'0" is not big enough, we have enough small wr's.

SC Skins Fan 03-11-2008 12:53 AM

I'd rather have Reche Caldwell back. Talk about FA busts. Remember how much money Givens got a couple of years ago?

That Guy 03-11-2008 12:58 AM

[quote=SC Skins Fan;430979]I'd rather have Reche Caldwell back. Talk about FA busts. Remember how much money Givens got a couple of years ago?[/quote]

no one except the titans thought it was a good idea at the time. oh well.

djnemo65 03-11-2008 01:11 AM

[QUOTE=That Guy;430982]no one except the titans thought it was a good idea at the time. oh well.[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn there was a contingent on this site that thought it to be a good idea.

Anyway, I agree with what has been said. The argument that we need a game-changing, playmaking receiver, while perhaps cogent, does not mean we should take a chance on anyone who is probably not going to be an upgrade over the people we already have.

SC Skins Fan 03-11-2008 01:20 AM

[quote=djnemo65;430986]I could have sworn there was a contingent on this site that thought it to be a good idea.

Anyway, I agree with what has been said. The argument that we need a game-changing, playmaking receiver, while perhaps cogent, does not mean we should take a chance on anyone who is probably not going to be an upgrade over the people we already have.[/quote]

Few. [url]http://www.redskinswarpath.com/locker-room/11524-should-we-have-gone-after-givens.html?highlight=david+givens[/url]

Best part about that thread is some of the discussion about Lloyd. Ah, hindsight.

djnemo65 03-11-2008 01:29 AM

[QUOTE=SC Skins Fan;430989]Few. [url]http://www.redskinswarpath.com/locker-room/11524-should-we-have-gone-after-givens.html?highlight=david+givens[/url]

Best part about that thread is some of the discussion about Lloyd. Ah, hindsight.[/QUOTE]

God I was praying I wasn't in that thread. Hilarious. The highlight has to be Matty's response to someone complaining about giving away picks for Lloyd.

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;161428]Why?

This current front office seems to do much better in evaluating free agents than they do rookies.

[B]At least we're getting proven talent.[/B]
[/QUOTE]

For the record I was very pro-Lloyd at the time. Just funny to look back at stuff like that.

freddyg12 03-11-2008 10:10 AM

I was on the Givens bandwagon back then, always thought he was a solid tough wr. He's 6'0 & strong. I remember him making the tough in traffic catches at NE.

What happened to him in tenn.? someone said he was injured, what injury?

onlydarksets 03-11-2008 10:21 AM

[quote=freddyg12;431018]I was on the Givens bandwagon back then, always thought he was a solid tough wr. He's 6'0 & strong. I remember him making the tough in traffic catches at NE.

What happened to him in tenn.? someone said he was injured, what injury?[/quote]

He had a nasty case of vinceyoungitis.

(just beating jsarno to the punch)

Warrior1971 03-11-2008 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=SC Skins Fan;430979]I'd rather have Reche Caldwell back. Talk about FA busts. Remember how much money Givens got a couple of years ago?[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think we need to bring this guy back.

skinsfan69 03-11-2008 01:45 PM

Are we suppose to bring in every single FA or released WR in the NFL?? C'mon! Why on earth would we bring in David Givens? Next.

jsarno 03-11-2008 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=onlydarksets;431020]He had a nasty case of vinceyoungitis.

(just beating jsarno to the punch)[/QUOTE]

Damn it, I need to visit this site more often. LOL.

Good for Givens...he might actually have a shot now that he has a REAL qb throwing to him.

SmootSmack 03-11-2008 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=jsarno;431122]Damn it, I need to visit this site more often. LOL.

Good for Givens...he might actually have a shot now that he has a REAL qb throwing to him.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter who his QB might be if Givens can't stay healthy. Maybe Vince Young could have done a little better if the team's prized WR could stay off IR

jsarno 03-11-2008 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;431134]Doesn't matter who his QB might be if Givens can't stay healthy. Maybe Vince Young could have done a little better if the team's prized WR could stay off IR[/QUOTE]

Nah, Vince Young sucks. ;)

Maybe, just maybe, Givens knew that Young sucks, so he tanked his injury on purpose wanting a shot elsewhere so he could actually make something of himself. LOL...JK.