Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Will Cardinals Handle Boldin Following Fitzerald Restructuring? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22872)

celts32 03-12-2008 04:21 PM

Re: How Will Cardinals Handle Boldin Following Fitzerald Restructuring?

They will hold Boldin hostage at least one more year and then entertain trade offers at that point. He has a pretty low cap number now...so what if he wants a new deal. His time for a new deal will come. I would love for the Redskins to have him but unless you think Boldin is going to hold out and refuse to play next year there is absolutely no motivation for Arizona to trade him right now.

Ruhskins 03-12-2008 04:55 PM

Re: New big time WR in the mix...Anquan Boldin

[QUOTE=Schneed10;431280]STOP STOP STOP!!!

STOP the madness, please!!!

Schefter says NOTHING about the Cardinals' interest in trading Anquan Boldin. He's simply speculating that because Fitzgerald just got paid, Boldin will immediately demand a new contract (maybe, maybe not) and if he demands a new contract, the Cards will not be willing to pay him AND Fitzgerald (maybe, maybe not).

There's absolutely no substance to this whatsoever. This is an unfounded rumor with no insider knowledge. Not worthy of discussion.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I have seen more pointless threads in here and never seen such a passionate reaction. You mean to tell me that this thread is worst than the million posts about trading for Chad Johnson, the threads to get washed up players such as Jerry Porter or David Givens, and the wonderful "Jay Glazer says there is a HUGEEE trade in the works"? (which was laughable in my opinion) Give me a break. When did you become the post police, if so then go rant into those others threads. Besides, most of the "ideal offseason" acquisitions have not happened, so I'm not saying that this will happen and it is set in stone. Sheesh.

Ruhskins 03-12-2008 04:58 PM

PS: Thanks for the thread title change, it makes more sense as it is now.

SmootSmack 03-12-2008 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=Ruhskins;431436]PS: Thanks for the thread title change, it makes more sense as it is now.[/QUOTE]

No problem

sandtrapjack 03-12-2008 06:17 PM

[quote=celts32;431411]They will hold Boldin hostage at least one more year and then entertain trade offers at that point. He has a pretty low cap number now...so what if he wants a new deal. His time for a new deal will come. I would love for the Redskins to have him but unless you think Boldin is going to hold out and refuse to play next year there is absolutely no motivation for Arizona to trade him right now.[/quote]

Boldin is signed through 2010 at an affordable rate. Salaries of $2.5 million, $2.75 million and $3 million due the next three years.
With that in mind, one has to wonder what it would cost the Cardinals to trade him.

He received a $5 million signing bonus in 2005 and a $5 million roster bonus in 2006, so trading Boldin NOW would accelerate a [B]$5 million hit in dead money.[/B]

But on the other hand, the Cardinals would be looking at a [B]$4.5 million cap hit in 2008 for keeping him[/B].

So it is actually cheaper for the Cardinals to KEEP Boldin.
I'll bet that thought process on the part of the GM took all of 5 seconds

"Hmm get rid of him = $5,000,000
Keep him = 4,500,000"

GMScud 03-12-2008 06:47 PM

[quote=Schneed10;431286]Until there's an inside source giving any kind of REMOTE indication that the Cardinals are considering trading Boldin, it's COMPLETELY POINTLESS to discuss it.

Unless you enjoy talking about trades that would be cool in Madden land.[/quote]

The speculation is b/c Boldin is a Drew Rosenhaus guy, and Fitzgerald just got a new contract. It's baseless though, because Boldin is a high production, star caliber player just like Fitzgerald, yet Fitzgerald has been due this money since the day he signed his rookie contract. And boldin hasn't complained before and still isn't whining. Talking heads just assume he'll start to make noise b/c of his representation.

That Guy 03-12-2008 08:54 PM

[quote=sandtrapjack;431468]Boldin is signed through 2010 at an affordable rate. Salaries of $2.5 million, $2.75 million and $3 million due the next three years.
With that in mind, one has to wonder what it would cost the Cardinals to trade him.

He received a $5 million signing bonus in 2005 and a $5 million roster bonus in 2006, so trading Boldin NOW would accelerate a [B]$5 million hit in dead money.[/B]

But on the other hand, the Cardinals would be looking at a [B]$4.5 million cap hit in 2008 for keeping him[/B].

So it is actually cheaper for the Cardinals to KEEP Boldin.
I'll bet that thought process on the part of the GM took all of 5 seconds

Keep him = 4,500,000"[/quote]

Keep him = 4,500,000 + 1200 yards of Boldin good-ness"

fixed it for you.

Darrell_Green_28 03-12-2008 09:06 PM

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-nquanoldinantsaigeal&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy]Anquan Boldin: Wants a Big Deal Like Fitz Signed - NFL - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

Danoyd 03-12-2008 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=Soup's Uncle;431279]I'd love to have him here...he'd be so much better of an option than DJ Hackett.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Im not to hyped on DJ Hackett, but Bolden on the other hand i can see really giving problems to opposing DB's and freeing up our other Wide outs and vice versa

SC Skins Fan 03-12-2008 10:10 PM

[quote=freddyg12;431370]No "inside source" cited, but JLC thinks it worth mentioning as well:
[URL="http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/"]Redskins Insider[/URL][/quote]

Because he has absolutely nothing else to say. How long until the draft?

Dirtbag59 03-12-2008 10:12 PM

Look all Snyder has to do is convince Bidwell that if he takes this deal he'll save money. Hell the only reason Arizona has been trying to compete is because someone probably told Bidwell that if they win they'll make more money.

[url=http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/2007/06/20/robert-griffith-rips-arizona-cardinals-bidwell-family-as-cheap-ass-owner/]beRecruited SportsWrap » Robert Griffith Rips Arizona Cardinals’ Bidwell Family as Cheap-Ass Owner[/url]