Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pearl Jam on tour this summer (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22963)

MTK 03-21-2008 11:18 AM

Pearl Jam on tour this summer

Got this from the PJ fan club yesterday:

The opening act for dates June 11-17 will be Kings of Leon. Opening act for dates June 19-30 will be Ted Leo and The Pharmacists.

All dates and times are subject to change.

DATE CITY/STATE VENUE

Jun 11 West Palm, FL Cruzan Amp.
Jun 12 Tampa, FL St. Pete Forum
Jun 16 Columbia, SC Colonial Ctr.

Jun 17 Virginia Bch,VA Verizon Amp.
Jun 19 Camden, NJ Susquehanna
Jun 22 Washington, DC Verizon Center

Jun 24 New York, NY MSG Arena
Jun 25 New York, NY MSG Arena

Jun 27 Hartford, CT Dodge Amp.
Jun 30 Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center

** June 12-15 Pearl Jam will perform at the Bonnaroo Music Festival in Manchester, TN. Tickets are currently on sale through [URL="http://www.bonnaroo.com/"][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.bonnaroo.com[/COLOR][/URL]

jsarno 03-22-2008 11:56 AM

Re: Pearl Jam on tour this summer

I had no idea they were going back on tour.
I was told Eddie Vedder left the group...is that even true?

MTK 03-24-2008 05:42 PM

[quote=jsarno;433991]I had no idea they were going back on tour.
I was told Eddie Vedder left the group...is that even true?[/quote]

that's a big negative

He did a solo album but he definitely did not leave the band. They're working on a new album and heading out on the road this summer (obviously)

jsarno 03-24-2008 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;434246]that's a big negative

He did a solo album but he definitely did not leave the band. They're working on a new album and heading out on the road this summer (obviously)[/QUOTE]

I am a MASSIVE Pearl Jam fan...that's good to hear. I hate the fact that I live all the way out here, you never hear anything about groups. We have 6 radio stations here. 3 country, 1 "mix", and 2 spanish. It's pathetic.

Daseal 03-24-2008 09:06 PM

Sadly they'll need a handicapped ramp to get onto stage.

jsarno 03-24-2008 09:18 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal;434294]Sadly they'll need a handicapped ramp to get onto stage.[/QUOTE]

Eddie Vedder is only 43. Jeesh...it's not like they are the Rolling Stones.

SmootSmack 03-24-2008 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal;434294]Sadly they'll need a handicapped ramp to get onto stage.[/QUOTE]

What?

MTK 03-24-2008 10:35 PM

[quote=Daseal;434294]Sadly they'll need a handicapped ramp to get onto stage.[/quote]

guess you haven't seen them lately they still put on a great show

SkinEmAll 03-24-2008 11:40 PM

wow, I didn't know anybody even gave a flying horse shit about them anymore. Oh well not knocking anyone who is a fan, but I cant stand them. I never was into the whole crybaby, the earth is dying, whiny, tree hugging, flannel shirt, ripped jeans, grunge vomit. A great friend of mine is a production or stage mgr.(cant remember which) at the Va Bch amp theater, and can get me in to any show, sold out or not, and I wont be abusing that privilege on this show...for sure.

SmootSmack 03-25-2008 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=SkinEmAll;434355]wow, I didn't know anybody even gave a flying horse shit about them anymore. Oh well not knocking anyone who is a fan, but I cant stand them. I never was into the whole crybaby, the earth is dying, whiny, tree hugging, flannel shirt, ripped jeans, grunge vomit. A great friend of mine is a production or stage mgr.(cant remember which) at the Va Bch amp theater, and can get me in to any show, sold out or not, and I wont be abusing that privilege on this show...for sure.[/QUOTE]

What was the point of that post?

Daseal 03-25-2008 12:36 AM

Matty -- I'd argue Pearl Jam never put on a good show, nor a good sound. I've never gotten into them.

jsarno 03-25-2008 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal;434366]Matty -- I'd argue Pearl Jam never put on a good show, nor a good sound. I've never gotten into them.[/QUOTE]

Well, that would be a horrible argument. You can't name many groups with three outstanding cd's like Ten, VS, and Vitology, all back to back to back. Pearl Jam is one of the best groups of all time. They will forever be linked to the grunge era music like Nirvana and STP for instance.
If I recall, you are a 311 fan right? 311 has never had a CD that has done as well as any of the 3 mentioned PJ cd's. PJ revolutionized music and if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have the music we have today. They were pioneers.

MTK 03-25-2008 07:36 AM

[quote=Daseal;434366]Matty -- I'd argue Pearl Jam never put on a good show, nor a good sound. I've never gotten into them.[/quote]

To each his own.

No need to shit on those that do like them though.

Monkeydad 03-25-2008 11:24 AM

[quote=SkinEmAll;434355]wow, I didn't know anybody even gave a flying horse shit about them anymore. Oh well not knocking anyone who is a fan, but I cant stand them. I never was into the whole crybaby, the earth is dying, whiny, tree hugging, flannel shirt, ripped jeans, grunge vomit. A great friend of mine is a production or stage mgr.(cant remember which) at the Va Bch amp theater, and can get me in to any show, sold out or not, and I wont be abusing that privilege on this show...for sure.[/quote]

Actually, I'd have to agree with you.

I never really got into them but I'd listen to them if I heard them on the radio. They were OK.

But, in the past few years, Vedder has gone the Barbara Streisand, Dixie Chicks and Bruce Springsteen route of ruining their shows to tell us what they think, what we should think and who to vote for. That doesn't belong in concerts. If I pay money to hear someone's music, they better shut up and sing.

MTK 03-25-2008 11:30 AM

Yes PJ is politically active but I've never found that to interfere with their shows. They still rock out for a good 2-3 hours most nights and they'll rip through upwards of 30 songs. So they do indeed shut up and play. Eddie isn't one for much chatter during shows as it is other than 'thank you' and saying hello to the crowd.